Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HiLaRiOuS HiJaBs

The Hilarious Hijabs

It has been my personal observation that some Muslim girls and women do not realise the significance of hijab. Hijab is Arabic for protection and cover. Some people put a lot of effort into their hijab, yet it serves no purpose. I am referring to the pointless hijab that some girls wear.

The first pointless hijab is referred to as the headband hijab. It is a band of fabric approximately 4 inches wide. It covers the back of the head and allows all the hair to be exposed. It doesn't serve much in terms of modesty, but at least it comes in handy in case of an unexpected tennis match!

The second pointless hijab is the dupatta, also known as the Saran wrap hijab. It covers all the hair, but it is totally transparent. Again it doesn't serve much in terms of modesty, but it keeps the hair nice and fresh!

The third type of hijab is known as the Micky Mouse Hijab. It is when a girl wears a black scarf and tucks it behind her ear, so that her ears stick out!

We now move on to my favourites - the yo-yo hijabs:
    The first yo-yo hijab is the scarf that keeps falling down and needs to be constantly pulled back up.... up, down, up, down, just like a yo-yo!

The second yo-yo hijab is also referred to as the convertibe hijab. This type of hijab is predominant at any type of social event, i.e. an Aqeeqah, Bismillah party, Ameen party, wedding, etc. This is when an Imam or Qari comes up to the microphone and starts to recite Qur'an. At this point, all the convertible hijabs come up... until he says "SadaqAllahu Atheem." I'm not sure, but apparently in some cultures that translates to "OK sisters, you may take off your scarves."

I'm sure this may seem odd, but what's even funnier is when people do not anticipate the recitation of Qur'an at a social event, and are forced to be creative and use accessories such as a purse to cover one's hair. I was surprized to see a woman hold her purse over her head as "hijab"... as if the multitudes of men surrounding her are not a good enough reason to wear hijab, but some guy reciting du'a compels her to hold a purse over her head. Her friends were more creative... one friend used her dinner napkin. I was also laughing when i saw the communal hijab- two or more girls dropped under one dinner napkin during the recitation of Qur'an. Her other friend was still more creative. She used her coffee saucer on the back of her head. I wasn't sure of it was hijab or Yamaka. I didn't know if she was a Muslim or a Jew. I felt like going up to her and saying "Shalom alaikum, sister."

And, people should remember that hijab is not just a protection from guys, but from a girls' nafs (ego) as well. It should prevent girls from having to spend hours in front of the mirror doing her hair. But, unfortunately, you see girls in front of the mirror for hours doing their hijab as they would do their hair, with all sorts of elaborate braids and the like. I wanted to go up to a sister and say "Is your hijab naturally curly?" I also felt compelled to go up to another girl and say "Pardon me, but is your hijab naturally that colour, or did you dye it"?

Well the point is that some people make an effort to wear hijab, but it is futile, because it is not fulfilling its purpose. It's like using an umbrella with holes in it. Hijab is used for protection from guys as well as from the girl herself, and should not be used as an accessory or for beautifying one's self.

Any way, that's it. If any one disagrees with me or is offended, then you are disagreeing with the teachings of Allah Subhaanuhu wa Ta'ala.

------------------
    The only Difference between me and a madman is that I m not mad

Jazak'Allah Khairun sister for posting, i was reading this and thinking just how many times i've seen this happen, can't even count now It's actually so sad, that our sisters can't respect each other enough to cover themselves.

Another type of khimar that is useless, is when you wear a khimar pinned to the back, so your nect is visable, or when some sisters choose to fling the front of the khimar back, exposing their breast..now i don't see the point of that don't wear a khimar if it isn't doing what it's suppose to do. Anyways, great post Sis

May Allah(swt) bless you. May He always keep you on the right path, and give you the strenght to help others. Ameen.

------------------
    The Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) said:
    "Whoever sets out on a path to seek knowledge, Allaah will make easy his path to Paradise."
    [Saheeh Muslim]

Comment

yes i agree, i have seen girls who wear a long burkha/abaaya that is tailored, nipped at the waist, flared at the bottom, showing the shape of the body. They also wear a head scarf in 'mickey mouse style' and lots of makeup especially bright lipstick! sorry to say this but i am better off not wearing hijab but guarding my dress sense and modesty in otherways!

Comment

saimahasnain >> I agree!!

Comment

aapki: khimar (head scarf) tied/pinned back works well with an abaya/jilbab!!!

Comment

I don't find these very funny. It's actually quite sad.

------------------
            "Allah extends His Hand at night so that He can forgive the sinner of the day; He extends His Hand in the day so that He can forgive the sinner of the night. He will continue to do so until the sun rises from the West (the Day of Judgment)"

[Related by Imam Muslim]

22.1 . O mankind! Fear your Lord . Lo! the earthquake of the Hour ( of Doom ) is a tremendous thing .

Comment

Originally posted by Hinna:
              I don't find these very funny. It's actually quite sad.

you're right! they aren't funny at all.

Comment

I would like to put the exact quote from Surah "An-Nur"
                "And say to the believing women to lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty or ornaments except what appear there of; that they should draw veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty.." ayah 31

My sis its not Hilarious Hijab Its Hilarious people . These days Hijab has become a fashion for many believing women. Hijab itself is not pointless, but the way people wear it is pointless. Anything that doesn't cover the hair and breast is not Hijab; as one can gather that from above verse.
                You indeed have a good sense of humor but I am afraid this time I am not laughing. Hinna is right it's very sad. But I don't understand you are disgracing Hijab? Or those who wear it?
                A Muslim woman wears Hijab not for anyone else but for herself. She has to answer her deeds not those men who are looking at her. Allah has made it mandatory for women to wear it (no offense to anyone but yeah its the fact). I am afraid those who don't wear it just sit there without any coverings over their head, they aren't a better Muslim them those who are hiding under the napkins. If a girl doesn't wear it, then at least when she is going to a gathering where she knows there will be Lecture on Islam. Then she should wear dupata over their head out of respect( At least).

"Hijab is used for protection from guys as well as from the girl herself, and should not be used as an accessory or for beautifying one's self" True

saimahasnain. "Sorry to say this but I am better off not wearing Hijab but guarding my dress sense and modesty in other ways" sorry but if it an excuse then its pathetic.

no offense to anyone i love all the guppies
                Life became all Gray! But NOW i have decided to paint it all over again.

I Tawt I Taw A Puddy Tat

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiaa:
                  aapki: khimar (head scarf) tied/pinned back works well with an abaya/jilbab!!!

Sister with a full abayah you really don't even need a khimar if you have an under scarf or your niqaab has a head piece
                  But with a jilbaab i don't think it'll work, cause a khimaar is suppose to cover you head, neck, and breast...if it's pinned to the back your neck would be visable..right? But maybe there might be other ways to do it, so if it does its job then great

If you tie the front of the scarf that is suppose to come down infront and cover your breast to the back of your neck, the the khimaar won't be doing it's job

Allah(swt) knows best.

------------------
                  "Whoever sets out on a path to seek knowledge, Allaah will make easy his path to Paradise."
                  [Saheeh Muslim]

Comment

Aapki: Isn't 'khimar' head scarf hijab?

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiaa:
                      Aapki: Isn't 'khimar' head scarf hijab?
                      Sadiaa khimar is considered just the head covering, 'hijaab' means
                      a screen or covering, refers to something that covers you from head to feet.

Allah(swt) knows best.

------------------
                      [Saheeh Muslim]

Comment

Originally posted by nia_khan:
                        She has to answer her deeds not those men who are looking at her. Allah has made it mandatory for women to wear it (no offense to anyone but yeah its the fact).
                        I am afraid those who don't wear it just sit there without any coverings over their head, they aren't a better Muslim them those who are hiding under the napkins. If a girl doesn't wear it, then at least when she is going to a gathering where she knows there will be Lecture on Islam. Then she should wear dupata over their head out of respect( At least).

i agree nia baji but wut if sum of dem girls r forced to wear hijab? but in their hearts they ain't ready fo it yet..u can't force em to wear hijab if they don't accept it by heart.

n pyari si bachi i totally agree wid u, n it iz funny cuz of da way those girls act. i mean if they have to act like dis den y not jus take da scarf off. in our masjid it's da same exact thing, these girls they take an hour standin infronta the mirror fixin their scarf tryin dis one on tryin dat one on n sum don't even have them on n they jus stand in da doorways lookin at guyz who r passin by, widout da scarf now how pathetic can dat b. atleast wear it in da masjid how hard is dat, it jus makes me so angry, but hey wut can i do..it's their life..

------------------
                        ~Chalo chaliay, duniya dee oss nukray..Jithay banda na banday dee zaat howay~
                        Verily my happiness is my iman,
                        and verily my iman is in my heart,
                        and verily my heart does not belong to anyone but Allah(swt).

Comment

Originally posted by saimahasnain:
                          sorry to say this but i am better off not wearing hijab but guarding my dress sense and modesty in otherways!
                          Hijab isnt optional in anyway, regardless of what some hilarious ppl use the hijabs for.

Comment

Originally posted by XChorniX:
                            i agree nia baji but wut if sum of dem girls r forced to wear hijab? but in their hearts they ain't ready fo it yet..u can't force em to wear hijab if they don't accept it by heart.

thanks chorni... Any kind of force is forbidden in Islam (ofcourse you suppouse to force when your child is 9 to pray etc). But for hijab if a girl is over 18 etc should be able to decide whats best for her. Her parents will only be asked on the day of Judgement; if they taught her the correct teachings of islam not about her deeds. She will be the only one in front of Allah to answer Parents should not force their girls to become a hypocirte.
                            Life became all Gray! But NOW i have decided to paint it all over again.

I Tawt I Taw A Puddy Tat

Comment

Originally posted by nia_khan:
                              thanks chorni... Any kind of force is forbidden in Islam (ofcourse you suppouse to force when your child is 9 to pray etc). But for hijab if a girl is over 18 etc should be able to decide whats best for her. Her parents will only be asked on the day of Judgement; if they taught her the correct teachings of islam not about her deeds. She will be the only one in front of Allah to answer Parents should not force their girls to become a hypocirte.
                              Sister Nia isn't the age when salah becomes wajib seven? right?? Hmmmm....how do you determine when a girl is old enough to decide what is best for her?? Hasn't Allah(swt) already decided. Anyways if you want to give them an age to choice, then i guess it should be when she reaches puberty, then it is ON HER what she does, and she will be asked about it.

I know forcing anyone in Islam is wrong, but if your parents or husband orders you to cover, you have to, offcourse you won't get the ajars for covering, but insh'Allah you will get the ajars for obeying.

Allah(swt) knows best.

------------------
                              [Saheeh Muslim]

Comment

Working...
                              X