X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Islam Sucks....

Islam sucks
    Joe Fisher

I'm not very fond of religion. The practice is merely normative statements without credible positive statements to support them and is largely determined by socialization. This is why many people just adopt the religion in which they were raised.

This is also why you don't find many white people attending a mosque or why people raised in Orthodox Judaism don't embrace Christ. These cultural differences are nothing more than subtleties in the cesspool of religion.

Some religions suck more than others, though, and one of them is Islam. It's not Muslims that I dislike - I just dislike their faith.

Many atrocities have been carried out in the name of Islam. Terrorism is a prime example. Some complain that movies involving terrorism predominantly and unfairly portray terrorists as Muslims.

But I fail to see how this is an "unfair" portrayal. Where are the terrorists fighting on behalf of Christianity, Hinduism or Judaism? They exist, but they're on the ultra-fringe. I don't think Americans act as sub-human as the Palestinians did following Sept. 11, dancing in the streets and rejoicing. That brief moment in history will forever leave me apathetic to their fate, if not hopeful for their demise.

What about the Crusades? What about the Israeli treatment of the Palestinians? These are religious acts of violence carried out by non-Muslims. I must be wrong.

But am I? The treatment of the Palestinians by the Israelis is not a religious matter; it's a security matter. The people of Israel enjoy a fairly secular society where fear, not faith, determines policy. The Crusades weren't just about God. They were about expanding trade and general control. Hijackers and suicide bombers actually think they're going to get some sort of eternal reward for this. How stupid is that?

Islam also presents a danger to the welfare of many due to its influence in Middle Eastern and North African governments. Islam subjugates hundreds of millions of women, sexual minorities and other religions where it's the law of the land. The over-emphasis on treating people's faiths equally is the reason most vocal people are on the anti-war side of the debate.

Fortunately, we have a secular public school system in America that can deprogram the children of Muslim immigrants and help them adopt more productive values.

Unfortunately, we have countries like Saudi Arabia where children are taught to make friends with Muslims and adopt their traditions.

Did you know that in Islam, reading the holy books of other religions is a serious sin? So is screwing your brother-in-law apparently. A man in Saudi Arabia recently was convicted of raping his sister-in-law with punishment of six years in jail and 4,750 lashes, to be administered 95 at a time. This is the part the Saudis got right.

Violent rapists should be dealt with brutally. The Saudis screwed it all up when the court ruled that the woman did not consent but still committed the grave offense of banging an in-law. She will receive six months in prison and 65 lashes. Don't you just love the Islamic world where the women are raped, then beaten?

Muslim extremists also get the honor of being lumped together with the likes of the KKK. Apparently, they are one of the last groups that don't consider anti-Semitism a taboo. Munich 1972 is a good example. So is the past week. A Pakistani official said Wall Street Journal reporter Daniel Pearl's last words before having his throat slit were, "I am a Jew, and my father is a Jew."

I'm aware this isn't an exact representative of all Muslims, but compared to other religious fanatics, it happens quite frequently. Furthermore, if governments that perpetuate such atrocities exist, there must be enough support for these values among their citizens. Being that the women probably can't vote, they are hopelessly trapped in the result of one of the most destructive religions of all time.

This should tell you there is something uniquely flawed with this one.

Turkey is the shining light amidst all this madness. There's an understanding that a Muslim society can prosper, as long as it downplays the whole Islam thing. Mustafa Kemal Ataturk, the founder of modern Turkey, understood this.

"Countries may vary, but civilization is one, and for a nation to progress, it must take part in this one civilization," he said. "The decline of the Ottomans began when, proud of their triumphs over the West, they cut their ties with the European nations. This was a mistake which we will not repeat."

I'd like to close by saying that the Muslim world is the poorest, most illiterate, backward, unhealthy, unenlightened, deprived and weakest of all the races. I don't have to defend these words because I didn't say them. Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf did at a science and technology conference last week. Good job Pervez. The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.

Daniel Pearl, you will not be forgotten. E-mail Joe at [email protected]

source

-----------
    thats how they look at us and thats what they do to us... u guys still support them... hope u will change and think twice before supporting kufars and giving them the upper hand over muslims..

Brothers and sisters plz write to this stupid ignorant editor..

------------------
    "Only for Allah and to gain His pleasure"
    "You are either slave to what made man or u are slave to what man made"

Its to bad the writer of this article wasn't in the World Trade center.

Comment

I would bet my last pair of socks this joker is a Jew. Check it out, Joseph Fisher. It's the name. Once you know what to look for it smacks you in the face with truth. Do not bother to write to this editor. I would suggest that you correctly identify those Americans that attack Islam and those who don't. There are infidels, kufars and subsets from all of these.

[This message has been edited by TOMASSO (edited May 04, 2002).]

Comment

A rather pathetic attempt to paint all Muslims with one huge brush!!!

Wheather you like it or not, roots of the Islamic Fundamentalism lie in Undemocratic Arab REgimes, RIch Fanatics and Palestine problem.

Especially Palestine.

Arab suicide bombers don't attack Yugoslav over Bosnians or Indians over Kashmiris for example.

So three dollar bill analyses of 'Muslim' World won't get you anywhere.

Comment

Joe Fisher is prolly still reeling from his childhood experiences with his preist
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by TOMASSO:
            I would bet my last pair of socks this joker is a Jew. Check it out, Joseph Fisher. It's the name. Once you know what to look for it smacks you in the face with truth. Do not bother to write to this editor. I would suggest that you correctly identify those Americans that attack Islam and those who don't. There are infidels, kufars and subsets from all of these.

The Bet is on Tomasso! You call yourself an American and a Christian!!! Giving into a furtive thrill of anit-semitism? Two wrongs have never made a right! Joe has identified himself as a christian in other letters he has written in the magazine. If your post has another intent, it escapes me and the subtlity is too subtle for my thick brain.

The article is clearly written by an Islamophobe, and ought to be dismissed out of hand.
            Letters condemning this stupid and hideous letter:
            http://www.southend.wayne.edu/days/m...s/letters.html

Note americans of all background condemned this letter. 3 pages and not 1 letter in support of it!

[This message has been edited by OldLahori (edited May 04, 2002).]

Comment

I don't think Americans act as sub-human as the Palestinians did following Sept. 11, dancing in the streets and rejoicing. That brief moment in history will forever leave me apathetic to their fate, if not hopeful for their demise.
              Obviously Joe did not watch the ticker tape parades throughout New York City and other places after the Gulf War when many people madly cheered and celebrated themselves drunk as 'their boys' returned home after waging one of the most damning wars in history.

If he had had some substantial arguments in his article, then it would be different. Too bad there is nothing constructive in his article.

Comment

Mr. Fisher has aped the standard line that easily could have been written by a Jewish religious detractor. I am not flirting with anti-semitism, I would say I'm aware of Zionism and militant Islam,now. Fisher may well have been born a Christian, but does he buy the whole package? My post has no hidden intent. My guess is this guy has a forced convert from Judaism to Christianity in his ancestry. My socks stay mine.

Comment

Dear Dear Tomasso!! Perhaps you should watch CBN more often. My friends tell me that they are doing one hell of a job spewing hate in the name of the 'whole package'. Unfortunately the Holy See is quite busy dealing with the American Bostonian Church Reneging on its word. They just could not bare (afford) to pay the vicitms of pedophilia. Gee if you cannot even believe the word of a Cardinal, whose can you? So you keeping your socks is not a surprise. I do understand that living in Glass houses is quite pleasent otherwise.

Comment

I cannot stand to watch CBN, BTW. I cannot read every bit of written editorial extant. The Pope has, in fact, inaugurated new contact with the Muslim sphere, having some problem with just who to contact with. The first pope was flawed, he claimed he did not know Jesus, once. This was all duly noted in Scripture for good reason. I do not throw stones; to equate me with the general actions of people of my backround is wrong. I do not do this in turn. Each individual is a separate case. Stripping away the veneer of society leaves raw nerves exposed, I am in favor of the veneer of a more decent world. You may or may not remember when that was more entrenched in some important areas.

Comment

What would you call automatically associating an Islamophobe with a jew? For an American, it is equivalent to throwing stones. I am sorry if I have misread or misunderstood any posting.
                      Are there extremist jews? Ofcourse there are!
                      But that goes for any other religion as well. I did not like one word of what Joe Fischer had to say, and I have posted 3 pages of letters condemning him. But I truly expected an educated and cultured American not to immidiately associate him with being a Jew! I guess I was surprised because I more often than not agree with your postings.

Comment

I did not automatically associate; I would say it was more an educated guess. I do not write to shock anyone very often, deliberately. The attempt to maintain respect is foremost. The attempt to be cultured and educated is just that, an attempt on my part. Thank you for stating your agreement with my posts. You did seem to lash out towards me, which had a similiar effect on me, in a negative way.

Comment

Lets collect the false statements that can be argued from this article & then write up the answers. Maybe then we can send a collective answer back to the editor of the newspaper that published this.

I will start with one, you guys can follow:
                          This is also why you don't find many white people attending a mosque or why people raised in Orthodox Judaism don't embrace Christ.
                          Answer: The UN census shows that the white American females have the highest rate of conversation in the recent decade! Secondly, by making the statement 'many white people don't attend mosque' has made it clear that the author is a racist who considers whites somehow superior to all other races.
                          I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
                          - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Originally posted by Andhra:
                            A rather pathetic attempt to paint all Muslims with one huge brush!!!

Wheather you like it or not, roots of the Islamic Fundamentalism lie in Undemocratic Arab REgimes, RIch Fanatics and Palestine problem.

Especially Palestine.

Arab suicide bombers don't attack Yugoslav over Bosnians or Indians over Kashmiris for example.

So three dollar bill analyses of 'Muslim' World won't get you anywhere.
                            We Finally agree on something

Comment

Originally posted by Nadia_H:
                              I don't think Americans act as sub-human as the Palestinians did following Sept. 11, dancing in the streets and rejoicing. That brief moment in history will forever leave me apathetic to their fate, if not hopeful for their demise.
                              Obviously Joe did not watch the ticker tape parades throughout New York City and other places after the Gulf War when many people madly cheered and celebrated themselves drunk as 'their boys' returned home after waging one of the most damning wars in history.

If he had had some substantial arguments in his article, then it would be different. Too bad there is nothing constructive in his article.
                              they don celibrate cuz people here has no info or atachments with what their government does outside.. in all the wars America has always tried to keep its people blind of what it does.. in vietnam people were blinded but cuz of the new tech (tv / media) they got quite informed about how ***** is their government and that was the time when ppl lost trust in their gov(american gov).. still they say freedom of press but they don show muslims dien .. all they show is how good they are and their allyzz are.. i have this another chnl "world link" so when i go to link from cnn i c the differece between the reality and propeganda..

------------------
                              "Only for Allah and to gain His pleasure"
                              "You are either slave to what made man or u are slave to what man made"

Comment

Working...
                              X