Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Islam forbid lesbianism and homosexuality?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why does Islam forbid lesbianism and homosexuality?

Praise be to Allaah.

The Muslim should not doubt, even for an instant, that what Allaah has prescribed is wise. He should know that there is great wisdom in what Allaah has commanded and what He has forbidden; it is the straight path and is the only way in which man can be safe and at peace, protecting his honour, his mind and his health, in accordance with the natural disposition (fitrah) with which Allaah has created man.

Some heretics have tried to attack Islam and its rulings; they have denounced divorce and plural marriage and permitted alcohol. Those who look at the state of their societies will see the state of misery which those societies have reached.

When they rejected divorce, murder took its place. When they rejected plural marriage, men started to take mistresses instead. When they allowed alcohol, all kinds of shameful and immoral actions became widespread.

They (gays and lesbians) both go against the natural disposition (fitrah) which Allaah has created in mankind – and also in animals – whereby the male is inclined towards the female, and vice versa.

Whoever goes against that goes against the natural disposition of mankind, the fitrah.

The spread of homosexuality has caused man diseases which neither the east nor the west can deny exist because of them. Even if the only result of this perversion was AIDS – which attacks the immune system in humans – that would be enough.

It also causes the breakup of the family and leads people to give up their work and study because they are preoccupied with these perversions.

Since the prohibition has come from his Lord, the Muslim should not wait until medicine proves that harm befalls the one who does that which Allaah has forbidden. Rather he must believe firmly that Allaah only prescribes that which is good for people, and these modern discoveries should only increase his certainty and confidence in the greatness of Allaah’s wisdom.

Ibn al-Qayyim said:

Both of them – fornication and homosexuality – involve immorality that goes against the wisdom of Allaah’s creation and commandment. For homosexuality involves innumerable evil and harms, and the one to whom it is done would be better off being killed than having this done to him, because after that he will become so evil and so corrupt that there can be no hope of his being reformed, and all good is lost for him, and he will no longer feel any shame before Allaah or before His creation. The semen of the one who did that to him will act as a poison on his body and soul. The scholars differed as to whether the one to whom it is done will ever enter Paradise. There are two opinions which I heard Shaykh al-Islam (may Allaah have mercy on him) narrate.”

(al-Jawaab al-Kaafi, p. 115).

2. Lesbianism means one woman doing to another something like that which a man does to a woman. Homosexuality means having intercourse with males in the back passage. This was the action of the accursed people of the Prophet of Allaah Loot (peace be upon him). In sharee’ah terminology it refers to inserting the tip of the penis into the anus of a male.

What is mentioned concerning these actions in the Qur’aan and Sunnah:

A – Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And (remember) Loot (Lot), when he said to his people: ‘Do you commit the worst sin such as none preceding you has committed in the ‘Aalameen (mankind and jinn)?

Verily, you practise your lusts on men instead of women. Nay, but you are a people transgressing beyond bounds (by committing great sins)’”

[al-A’raaf 7:80-81]

B – “Verily, We sent against them a violent storm of stones (which destroyed them all), except the family of Loot (Lot), them We saved in the last hour of the night”

[al-Qamar 54:34 – interpretation of the meaning]

C – “And (remember) Loot (Lot), when he said to his people: ‘Do you commit the worst sin such as none preceding you has committed in the ‘Aalameen (mankind and jinn)?”

[al-A’raaf 7:80 – interpretation of the meaning]

And Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And (remember) Loot (Lot), when he said to his people: ‘You commit Al‑Faahishah (sodomy the worst sin) which none has preceded you in (committing) it in the ‘Aalameen (mankind and jinn)’”

[al-‘Ankaboot 29:28]

D – “And (remember) Loot (Lot), We gave him Hukm (right judgement of the affairs and Prophethood) and (religious) knowledge, and We saved him from the town (folk) who practised Al‑Khabaa’ith (evil, wicked and filthy deeds). Verily, they were a people given to evil, and were Faasiqoon (rebellious, disobedient to Allaah)”

[al-Anbiya’ 21:74 – interpretation of the meaning]

E – “And (remember) Loot (Lot)! When he said to his people, ‘Do you commit Al‑Faahishah (evil, great sin, every kind of unlawful sexual intercourse, sodomy) while you see (one another doing evil without any screen)

Do you practise your lusts on men instead of women? Nay, but you are a people who behave senselessly.’

There was no other answer given by his people except that they said: ‘Drive out the family of Loot (Lot) from your city. Verily, these are men who want to be clean and pure!’

So We saved him and his family, except his wife. We destined her to be of those who remained behind.

And We rained down on them a rain (of stones). So evil was the rain of those who were warned”

[al-Naml 27:54-58 – interpretation of the meaning]

These verses refer to the punishment that befell the people of Loot. With regard to the rulings on them:

F – Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning]:

“And the two persons (man and woman) among you who commit illegal sexual intercourse, hurt them both. And if they repent (promise Allaah that they will never repeat, i.e. commit illegal sexual intercourse and other similar sins) and do righteous good deeds, leave them alone. Surely, Allaah is Ever All-Forgiving (the One Who forgives and accepts repentance), (and He is) Most Merciful”

[al-Nisa’ 4:16]

Ibn Katheer said:

“The words of Allaah ‘And the two persons (man and woman) among you who commit illegal sexual intercourse, hurt them both’ mean, those who commit immoral actions, punish them both. Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him), Sa’eed ibn Jubayr and others said: By condemning them, shaming them and hitting them with shoes. This was the ruling until Allaah abrogated it and replaced it with whipping and stoning. ‘Ikrimah, ‘Ata, al-Hasan and ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Katheer said: This was revealed concerning a man and woman who commit fornication. Al-Saddi said, it was revealed concerning young people before they get married. Mujaahid said: it was revealed concerning two men if they admit it bluntly; a hint is not sufficient – as if he was referring to homosexuality. And Allaah knows best.”

(Tafseer Ibn Katheer, 1/463).

G – It was narrated that Jaabir (may Allaah be pleased with him): “The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘There is nothing I fear for my ummah more than the deed of the people of Loot.’”

(Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 1457; Ibn Maajah, 2563. This hadeeth was classed as saheeh by Shaykh al-Albaani (may Allaah have mercy on him) in Saheeh al-Jaami’, no. 1552).

H – It was narrated that Ibn ‘Abbaas said: “The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “… cursed is the one who has intercourse with an animal, cursed is the one who does the action of the people of Loot.”

(Narrated by Ahmad, 1878. This hadeeth was classed as saheeh by Shaykh al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, no. 5891).

I – It was narrated that Ibn ‘Abbaas said: “The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘Whoever you find doing the deed of the people of Loot, kill the one who does it and the one to whom it is done.”

(Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 1456; Abu Dawood, 4462; Ibn Maajah, 2561. This hadeeth was classed as saheeh by Shaykh al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, no. 6589).

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A (www.islam-qa.com)

------------------
    "I put my trust in Allah, my Lord and your Lord! There is not a moving creature, but He has a grasp of its forelock. Verily, my Lord is on the straight path. (The truth)"
    (11:55-56)

"...Indeed my prayer, my sacrifice, my living and my dying are for Allaah, the Lord of the worlds" (6:162)

Islamic Ruling Concerning Homosexuality

AlJumuah Magazine, Sha`ban 1416

Islam considers homosexuality as a sexual deviation leading to a perverted act which goes against the natural order Allah intended for mankind. It is a corruption of the man's sexuality and a crime against the opposite sex. Therefore, the Islamic shari'ah strictly prohibits the practice of this perverted act. This is mentioned in many places in the holy Qur'an.

The story of the people of the prophet Lut who were addicted to this practice, is the best example. Prophet Lut, alayhessalam said to his people: "Verily, you do sodomy with men, and rob the wayfarer! And practice all wickedness in your meetings," (Al-A-nkabut, 29:29). And he said to them: "Of all the creatures ofthe world, will you approach males, and leave those whom Allah has created for you to be your wives? Nay, you are a trespassing people!" (Al-Shu'ara', 26:165-166) But their answer to Prophet Lut, alayhessalam, was: "Bring us the Wrath of Allah if you are telling us the Truth." (Al-Ankabut, 29:29). And so Allah gave them the punishment they deserved: "And We rained on them a rain of torment. And how evil was the rain of those who had been warned," (Al-Shu'ara', 26:173).

Just as a person who has a sexual urge should not satsfy it by committing zina, a person who has this perverted thought should not act upon it. In order to maintain the purity of the Muslim society, most Muslim scholars have ruled that the punishment for this act should be the same as for zina (i.e. one hundred whiplashes for the man who has never married, and death by stoning for the married man). Some have even ruled that it should be death for both partners, because the Prophet, sallallahu alayhe wa sallam, said: "Kill the doer and the one to whom it was done." (Related by Al-Bayhaqi).

http://www.islaam.com/Article.asp?id=260

------------------
    "I put my trust in Allah, my Lord and your Lord! There is not a moving creature, but He has a grasp of its forelock. Verily, my Lord is on the straight path. (The truth)"
    (11:55-56)

"...Indeed my prayer, my sacrifice, my living and my dying are for Allaah, the Lord of the worlds" (6:162)

Comment

Jazakallah Khairun Sister

------------------
      KHUD KO KER BULAND ITNA KAY HER TAKDEER SAY PEHLAY KHUDA YEH POOCHAY
      KAY BATA TAYREE RAZA KYA HAI

Comment

If Homosexuality is FORBIDDEN in Islam with the PENALTY of DEATH, why is this COMMAND of ALLAH not being carried out in jurisdictions that have implemented or govern via Islamic Sharia'h?

If this COMMAND of Allah were to be implemented - literally then half the Pashtoon population should have been stoned to death by now because as per the Pashtoon clerics in afghanistan almost half of the males regularly practice sex with men and/or boys.

You have another thread: WHO /WHAT IS A HYPOCRITE?

You need to look no further!

Comment

Before you concentrate on Afghanistan, let's deal with the Faggots of the Western world first, shall we.

I'll speak in a non religious language that all Westerners can easily understand.

'God made Adam and Eve, NOT Adam and Steve'.

Homos are nothing less than the enemies of Civilisation.

Why?

Because if we were to follow suit and turned Gay overnight, then that would be the end of Civilisation as we know it. No more children!! Finito.

Comment

AbdulMalick and the rest: I left in the 'stoning to death' part on purpose.

Why is it that people are stoned to death even when this particular hadith contradicts Quran?

Quran is our main source and guide. So why is it that some countries still persist on using this hadith?

Comment

per sholay:
              "Before you concentrate on Afghanistan, let's deal with the Faggots of the Western world first, shall we.
              I'll speak in a non religious language that all Westerners can easily understand."
              WHY DRAG the westerners into the Islamic mess?

We R talking about Islam and its COMMANDMENTS re: Homos be STONED to DEATH!

If Quran says - STONE the homos & fags then, so be it:

STONE ALL THE FAGGOT PASHTOONS to death - nearly half their population.

per sadia
              "Why is it that people are stoned to death even when this particular hadith contradicts Quran?

Quran is our main source and guide. "
              People are STONED to death even if it CONTRADICTS quran because of the following:

1) The prophet practised & ENFORCED it!
              and,
              "his ways" - the sunnah are the meanings to the quran;
              and,
              the FIQH that you follow is based upon 'His Sunnah' and not the quran.

2) There is a sahih hadith that narrates 'Umar as saying exactly what you are alluding to and his bottom line is:
              "The Prophet of Allah commanded that adulterers be stoned and so be it."

3) There are hadeeths that SUGGESTS that there was a REVELATION re: stoning and people used to recite it;
              and,

4)Another hadith narrated by 'Aisha claims that this ayath was eaten by Goats.

Comment

4)Another hadith narrated by 'Aisha claims that this ayath was eaten by Goats.
                PROVE IT! I'd like to know what hadith book this has been quoted from and the EXACT hadith number!

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiaa:
                  PROVE IT! I'd like to know what hadith book this has been quoted from and the EXACT hadith number!
                  I made 4 - FOUR observations; the last one - #4 caught your eye. Are you OK with the other three. Are you OK that your FIQH is based on sunnah/hadeeths and not quran!

Here is the reference re: THE GOAT ATE ITthat you seek:

"The fact that the ummah has willingly accepted [the Sahih al-Bukhari and Sahih Muslim] has led us to the opinion that it is obligatory (wajib) to act on what is written in these two [books], and this is an unanimously agreed view. People are obliged to act on a khabaral-wahid (a hadith reported by a single narrator) found in other books only when its chain of narrators is correct; and even then it would not create but only a strong assumption. And the same applies to the two Sahihs; but these two differ from the other books in that all that is in these two is correct and there is no need to examine them; rather it is wajib to follow them unconditionally. But as for the ahadith in other books, they will not be followed until their credentials are checked and they are found to fulfil the conditions of a correct hadith."

This unconditional blanket acceptance of the ahadith found in these books has compelled our Sunni brothers to accept the theory of abrogation of recital (naskhut-tilawah); that is, they believe that recital of some verses was abrogated although the law contained in some of them continues. Two well-known examples of such supposed verses are the so-called verses of stoning (rajm) and of ten or five sucklings, which are found in Sahih al-Bukhari and Sahih Muslim and other books. [29]

And the hadith of Sahih Muslim explicitly says:

"Ummu 'l-mu'minin 'Aisha said, "There was among what was revealed of the Qur'an (the verse) 'Ten known sucklings create prohibition' (i.e., foster relationship). Then it was abrogated by 'five sucklings', and the Messenger of Allah expired and they were among what was recited of the Qur'an." [30]

Ibn Majah has narrated another hadith from 'Aishah which explicitly says that the two verses were lost after the death of the Prophet. She is reported to say: 'The verse of stoning and of suckling an adult ten times were revealed, and they were (written) on a paper and kept under my bed. When the Messenger of Allah (s.a.w.) expired and we were preoccupied with his death, a goat entered and ate away the paper. [31]

It needs no great intelligence to see that this theory of abrogation of recital cannot be of any use in such cases. If a surah or verse was recited in the life of the Prophet and then it was lost either because the reciters were killed in a battle, or because a goat devoured it or for any other reason, then the question arises: Who had the right to abrogate a Qur'anic verse after the Prophet's death? Had any other prophet come after Muhammad (peace be on him and his progeny)? That is why Sayyid al-Khu'i has said, "It is clear that the theory of abrogation of recital (naskhu 't-tilawah) is exactly the same as belief in alteration in and omission from the Qur'an." [32]

Therefore we have to strictly adhere to the well established principle that any hadith going against the Qur'an must be discarded and 'thrown to the wall' - if it cannot be reinterpreted in an acceptable way.

[29] For the verse of stoning. see Sahih al-Bukhari, vol 4. p 179. 265: Sahih Muslim,vol. 3. p. 1317: Musnad Ahmad ibn Hanbal, vol 1 (Beirut: al-Maktab al-Islami. 1969) p. 40: Sunan Ibn Majah, vol. 2 (Cairo edition) p 853: Muwatta, Imam Malik, vol 2.p 623.For the verse of suckling, see: Sahih Muslim, vol. 4. p. 167: As-Suyuti, ad-Durru 'l-Manthur, vol. 2. p.

[30] Sahih Muslim, vol 1. p. 167: As-Suyuti, ad-Durru 'l-Manthur, vol2. p. 135.

[31] Musnad Ahmad bin Hanbal. vol. 6. p. 269: Sunan Ibn Majah, p. 626: Ibn Qutbah, Tawil Mukhtalafi 'l-Hadith (Cairo: Maktaba al-Kulliyat al-Azhariyya. 1966) p. 310 which has been misprinted as 210-: As-Suyuti, ad-Durru 'l-Manthur, vol. 2. p. 13.

[32] al Bayan , p. 224

Comment

AoA, first of all I'd like you to provide me with the hadith numbers rather than the page numbers. I was skimming through your last post and noticed the one about Aisha (RA). Reason being, someone quoted a similar hadith, but did not have any reference and I don't believe there is any such hadith in S.Muslim or S.Bukhari. Alhamdulillah, I'm a firm believer in Quran and its more important to me than any ahadith. Also I don't follow/believe in the last two ahadith that you've posted because they contradict Quran. Allah (SWT) has taken the responsibility of Quran. It is complete and free from all sorts of corruption. Also, I'm sure you're either a hadith rejector and/or belong to some other sect. Therefore, I'm not interested in any of your replies or in arguing with you!

[This message has been edited by Sadiaa (edited May 05, 2002).]

Comment

"Adbulmalick", why don't we start by stoning you to death since you obviously are a fag.

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiaa:
                        AoA, first of all I'd like you to provide me with the hadith numbers rather than the page numbers. I was skimming through your last post and noticed the one about Aisha (RA). Reason being, someone quoted a similar hadith, but did not have any reference and I don't believe there is any such hadith in S.Muslim or S.Bukhari. Alhamdulillah, I'm a firm believer in Quran and its more important to me than any ahadith. Also I don't follow/believe in the last two ahadith that you've posted because they contradict Quran. Allah (SWT) has taken the responsibility of Quran. It is complete and free from all sorts of corruption. Also, I'm sure you're either a hadith rejector and/or belong to some other sect. Therefore, I'm not interested in any of your replies or in arguing with you!
                        woa,
                        The issue here is - what is Rajm or stoning based upon?

Is it Quran?
                        If so - it(the verse) doesn't exist in the quran!

However, there are Sahih hadeeths that confirms the existence of this verse of Rajm in the Quran like the following:

Volume 9, Book 92, Number 424
                        Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

I used to teach Qur'an to 'Abdur-Rahman bin Auf. When Umar performed his last Hajj, 'Abdur-Rahman said (to me) at Mina, "Would that you had seen Chief of the believers today! A man came to him and said, "So-and-so has said, "If Chief of the Believers died, we will give the oath of allegiance to such-and-such person,' 'Umar said, 'I will get up tonight and warn those who want to usurp the people's rights.' I said, 'Do not do so, for the season (of Hajj) gathers the riffraff mob who will form the majority of your audience, and I am afraid that they will not understand (the meaning of) your saying properly and may spread (an incorrect statement) everywhere. You should wait till we reach Medina, the place of migration and the place of the Sunna (the Prophet's Traditions). There you will meet the companions of Allah's Apostle from the Muhajirin and the Ansar who will understand your statement and place it in its proper position' 'Umar said, 'By Allah, I shall do so the first time I stand (to address the people) in Medina.' When we reached Medina, 'Umar (in a Friday Khutba-sermon) said, "No doubt, Allah sent Muhammad with the Truth and revealed to him the Book (Quran), and among what was revealed, was the Verse of Ar-Rajm (stoning adulterers to death).'"

So, SADIAA,
                        If the verse was sent/revealed but is not in the quran then - What happened to it?

Volume 8, Book 82, Number 816:
                        Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

'Umar said, "I am afraid that after a long time has passed, people may say, "We do not find the Verses of the Rajam (stoning to death) in the Holy Book," and consequently they may go astray by leaving an obligation that Allah has revealed. Lo! I confirm that the penalty of Rajam be inflicted on him who commits illegal sexual intercourse, if he is already married and the crime is proved by witnesses or pregnancy or confession." Sufyan added, "I have memorized this narration in this way." 'Umar added, "Surely Allah's Apostle carried out the penalty of Rajam, and so did we after him."

If there was a verse re: Rajm and it is not in the book of Quran then two things may have happened that both - ABROGATES the theory of "Divine protection for the book's integrity":

i) The verse was lost or pulled (Divine protection failed).
                        ii)The verse was EATEN BY A GOAT and thus lost (Divine protection failed).

The reference to the GOAT ATE IT in the footnotes #31 is to the Musnad Ahmad bin Hanbal or:
                        [31] Musnad Ahmad bin Hanbal. vol. 6. p. 269: Sunan Ibn Majah, p. 626: Ibn Qutbah, Tawil Mukhtalafi 'l-Hadith (Cairo: Maktaba al-Kulliyat al-Azhariyya. 1966) p. 310 which has been misprinted as 210-: As-Suyuti, ad-Durru 'l-Manthur, vol. 2. p. 13.

The Hanbali book is not on-line; maybe you can find out from someone who has the book being referred to.

Comment

Originally posted by Adbulmalick:

i) The verse was lost or pulled (Divine protection failed).
                          ii)The verse was EATEN BY A GOAT and thus lost (Divine protection failed).

The reference to the GOAT ATE IT in the footnotes #31 is to the Musnad Ahmad bin Hanbal or:

The Hanbali book is not on-line; maybe you can find out from someone who has the book being referred to.
                          hello "Adbul", there is another possibility that these hadiths were fabricated since they contradict Quran, get it?

------------------
                          May Allah SWT guide us all towards right and help us follow the right

[This message has been edited by Changez_like (edited May 06, 2002).]

Comment

Originally posted by Changez_like:
                            hello "Adbul", there is another possibility that these hadiths were fabricated since they contradict Quran, get it?
                            Are you referring to the hadith re:
                            1)THE GOAT ATE IT (the verse on Stoning).

OR,

2)to the sahih bukhari that CONFIRMS the existence of the verse on Stoning as follows:

Volume 9, Book 92, Number 424
                            Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

When we reached Medina, 'Umar (in a Friday Khutba-sermon) said, "No doubt, Allah sent Muhammad with the Truth and revealed to him the Book (Quran), and among what was revealed, was the Verse of Ar-Rajm (stoning adulterers to death).'"

If they are all fabricated then what does that make the creeds of:
                            ahl as Sunnah
                            ahls hadeeth

both based on hadeeths/sunnah?
                            Are they FABRICATED AS WELL?

Which leads to this question:
                            What is the practise of RAJM (stoning to death for adultery) BASED upon?

Is it the Torah!

Comment

AbdulMalick, quit being an idiot. One hadith that contradicts the Quran doesn't mean that all hadiths are in the same category. For example, not everyone named AbdulMalik is a fag like you.

Yeh I'm being rude, expect better treatment when you start putting more thought into your words.

Comment

Working...
                              X