X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hazrat Abu Bakr, Omer, Usman, or ALI as khalifa

NOTE: ==>> Received this article in an Email
    Its open for disucssion, views ...
    With Quranic refferences related to Khilafah.

and please also quote some Quranic verses related to these sahaba.

Not open for Shia , Sunni, wahhabi bashing..

Thanks..

NOTE : my articles are only a conclusion of my research and this is a good way of sharing knowledge, and i request my brothers and sisters to reply me, only after reading the complete mail. as per the request of few brothers below is the ref. of 73-sects and one is on the right path (Al-Mustadrak 1-129, Miskat Eatesam 2, Tirmizi Babul Eatesam 378, Kanjul Ummd 1-Eatesam Pg.96, Firke Najiya Bhopalpur S-Ali Razani, Safinatul Behar Fakaka : 359)

BROTHER AYUB SAYS: Thanks for your research. Prophet Mohammad PBUH ordered every muslim in his last KHUTBA OF HAJJATUL WIDE. I am leaving Quran and my Sunnah between you to follow. Therefore, we believe all the Khalifa al Rashedeen who have heard this should have followed his instruction. Hazrat Ali (R) was always amongst the closest with the Khalifas after Prophet Mohammad (PBUH). Since it is not going to help us in anyway at this time who should have got the Khilafat after Prophet Mohammad (PBUH), why to argue and even discuss this to confuse the muslim brothern now. Correct me if I am wrong that Hazrat Ali (R) had agreed to the nomination of 1st Khalifa Hazrat Abu Bakar Siddiq (R). I thing if it was to happen otherwise the responsibilities had to come to all the Prophet (PBUH) companion and not NOW to you or any other Sunni. All Sunni believe that all the Khalifas followed the instruction of Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) after him. I believe you have the same opinion about this, donot you? Then this is not the time to dis! cuss as we can't go back to that age now. It is time to spend our energy in following and praying to the Allah Almighty to guide us to that 1 of the 73 sects which will take us to Jannat al Firdous inshallah.

ABDULLAH REPLIES: Brother Ayub, thanks for your guidance. Well after reading your reply certain questions have arrived in my mind, so I request you to guide me for the same.

1) As you have quoted that Holy Prophet (P) said in his last Khutba of Hajjatul Wida, I AM LEAVING QURAN AND MY SUNNAH BETWEEN YOU TO FOLLOW. Well I understand that Quran was present in the form of Book at the time of Holy Prophet (P), was there any book of sunnah present at the time of Holy Prophet (P) to which the ummah should follow?

2) If Holy Prophet had commanded his ummah to follow QURAN & SUNNAH, then according to the statement of Hazrat Umar ® (BOOK OF ALLAH IS SUFFICIENT), is it not proved that he had accepted the QURAN and rejected the SUNNAH? And if a person who deny the Sunnah, can he be a Sunni?

3) If Holy Prophet has ordered us to follow QURAN & SUNNAH then can you quote a single verse or tradition which gives us the right to appoint Caliphs? As we go through Quran we find that the appointment of Caliphs is the duty of ALLAH (S) (Chp.2 : Ver.30). Not even the Prophets have such authority except by the command of ALLAH (S) (Chp.20 : Ver.29/30), then who has given the authority to the companions for appointing a Caliph? And if it is so then why today we are not practicing the sunnah of the companion and appointing a Caliph for us, when there are so many problems in the Muslim society?

4) If the issue of Leadership was so much important and obligatory, then why ALLAH (S) and His beloved Prophet (P) never looked upon this matter? Why the companions never reminded Holy Prophet (P) for the same? And if the issue of the caliphate was left on companions, why Hazrat Ali (P) was not invited at Saqifa? For whom Holy Prophet said, O Ali! You shall discharge responsibilities on my behalf, and you are my Vicegerent over my following. (Ref.: Imam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal in his Musnad and Mir Seyyed Ali Hamadani Shafi'i in Mawaddati'l-Qurba).

5) As you say that Hazrat Ali (R) was always amongst the closest with the Khalifas after Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) and had agreed to the nomination of 1st Khalifa Hazrat Abu Bakar (R). But our Sunni Ulema contradict your statement by saying, in fact, many prominent companions, like Salman Farsi, Abu Dharr Ghifari, Miqdad Bin Aswad Kindi, Ammar-e-Yasir, Buraida Aslami, Khalid Bin Sa'id Bin As Amawi, Abu'l-Hathama bin Tihan, Khuzaima Bin Thabit Dhu'sh-Shahadatain, Abu Ayyub Ansari, Ubai Bin Ka'b, Sahl Bin Hunaif, Uthman Bin Hunaif, etc. have rejected the allegiance at the Saqifa, kept themselves aloof from allegiance to Abu Bakr and had were followers of Hazrat Ali. (Ref.: Ibn Hajar Asqalani and Baladhuri, each in his Ta'rikh, Muhammad Bin Khawind Shah in his Rauzatu's-Safa, Ibn Abdu'l-Birr in his Isti'ab).

Weren't these companions wise, trustworthy and intellectuals of the ummah? What kind of ijma (election) was it, which was held without the consultation of this companion? When Hazrat Abu Bakr ® is selected secretly and other prominent companions are not informed, does this constitute an ijma? Or is it a political conspiracy?

Brother! It is high time we get united and work together for the sake of ALLAH (S). The enemies of Islam are trying to blame Islam and we have to accept this bitter truth, that there is some defect in us which have made them succeed in their aims. Really there is a need to get united, we youths should come forward and try to find out the root of disunity and for this, no matter if we have to go back to 1400 years and find out from when and where we are lacking? I am sorry to say that immediately after the death of Holy Prophet (P) the disunity have taken birth in the ummah and that is too from the Saqifa (appointing of Caliph). According to Quran unity is possible only by upholding the rope of ALLAH (S) (i.e. Truth).

Well! Not only prayer is going to help us to be with the right sect but research is obligatory because ALLAH (S) says in Holy Quran, And (as for) those who strive hard for Us, We will most certainly guide them in Our ways, and Allah is most surely with the doers of good. (Quran-29:69) The word strive hard in the Quranic verse carries the meaning of scientific research to reach the truth, and Allah will lead anyone to the truth, if he chooses to seek it. I am sorry if my words have hurt you or anyone.

Wassalaam - Abdullah
    #################################################

Refferences quoted in this article are
    Surah Bakarah : ayath 3-:
    And (remember) when your Lord said to the angels: "Verily, I am going to place (mankind) generations after generations on earth." They said: "Will You place therein those who will make mischief therein and shed blood, - while we glorify You with praises and thanks (Exalted be You above all that they associate with You as partners) and sanctify You." He (Allāh) said: "I know that which you do not know."

Surah Taha : 20 Reference quoted in point 3
    [Mūsa (Moses)] said: "O my Lord! Open for me my chest (grant me self-confidence, contentment, and boldness).
    "And ease my task for me;
    "And make loose the knot (the defect) from my tongue, (i.e. remove the incorrectness from my speech) [That occurred as a result of a brand of fire which Mūsa (Moses) put in his mouth when he was an infant]. [Tafsir At-Tabarī, Vol. 16, Page 159].
    "That they understand my speech,
    "And appoint for me a helper from my family,
    "Hārūn (Aaron), my brother;
    "Increase my strength with him,
    "And let him share my task (of conveying Allāh's Message and Prophethood),
    "That we may glorify You much,
    "And remember You much,
    "Verily! You are of us Ever a Well-Seer."
    Allāh said: "You are granted your request, O Mūsa (Moses)!

------------------
    .::. ﷲ ﻼﺃ ﷲﺃ ﻶ .::.
    Allah-o-Akbar

,_ ,
    (O,O)
    ()
    -"--"--- To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, and call whatever you hit the target

Al-Zahra may Allah's peace be upon her-went around the meeting places of al-Ansar,asking support of her husband and cousin and they said,"O daughter of the Messenger of Allah,we have already acclaimed that man,and if your husband had approached us before him,we would have supported him."Ali-may Allah honour his face -said,"would i leave the Messenger of Allah (P.B.U.H)in his house unburied and go to argue with people about authourity."Fatima said,"Abu-al Hasan did what was expected from him.and what they did Allah will hold them responsible and accountable."
    Tarikh,Qutaybah,vol1,pg 19
    Shahral,Ibn al Hadid
    If Abu Bakar was wrong,either unintentionally or through good will,Fatima,al-Zahra would have persuaded him, but she was angry with him,because he refused to accept her argument and rejected her testimony and that of her husband.She became so angry,she even prevented him in her will from being present at her funeral.When she died ,her husband buried her secretly at night(72)
    Sahih Bukhari,vol3 pg 36
    sahih muslim,vol2 pg 72

get the point!!! the decision of who will become caliph was been done when the Messenger of Allah was'nt even buried yet!!!this is the difference between family and companions!!!they knew that was the best time for the decision and to round up people when Hazrat Ali was busy else were.

Comment

sophi,

Ok, so that is the argument aganist Hazrat Abu Bakar (ra). Now can I hear what happened at the time of Hazrat Umer (ra) & Hazrat Usman (ra)?

I do not intend to argue in this thread as it will be unfair to FlamaZz but you can at least list down your reasons & maybe if I need to ask anything else, I will open a new thread.
      I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
      - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Ahmedjee has a very good point.

If the first Caliph was appointed in secrecy, then how were the next two appointed?

If not in secrecy, then in the open!

If in the open, then argument closes.

If in secret, then further questions arise.

How can a Caliph be fooled on 3 successive occasions?

Comment

Ibn Abbas said:Thursday and what a thursday it was!The Messenger's pain became very severe and he said,:Come here,I will write you a document which will prvent you from straying from the right path,"but Umar said that the Prophet was under the spell of painand that they had Quran which was sufficient being the book of Allah.When the debate became heated and the nois became louder,The Messenger of Allah said,:Leave me alone."
          Ibn Abbas said :the disaster was that the disagreement among the companions pervented the Messenger from writingthat document(5)
          Sahih,Bukhari,about the saying of sick,vol2
          Sahih,muslim,end of the book of al Wasiyyah,vol5,pg75
          Musnal,Ahmad,vol3,pg 193
          Tarikh,Ibn Alhir,vol2,pg 320
          AlSayyid said:Umar was not the only one who anticipated what the Messenger was going to write.
          I am surpriesd at the Companions who angered the Prophet on that Thursday and accused him of talking"non-sense" and said,"it is suffeicent for us that we have the Book of Allah." When the Holy quran Says"say if you love Allah ,then follow me and Allah will love you."(HOLY QURAN 3:31)
          Do u even read your own books.one hadith i came by is as follows"whoever accepted me as his master,then he should also accept Ali as his master.O Allah be friendly with his friends and be enemy to his enemy."(28)
          sahih,muslim,vol2pg 362
          mustadrak,Hakim,vol3,pg 109
          Musand,Ahmad Hanbal,vol 4,pg281

Comment

sophi,

Your quotation only pointed out an incident during the life of AnHazoor (saw) that you took from Shahih hadiths, which can be challenged for authenticity.

That being said, I was not looking for such in the first place. What I asked for was what happened at the time when Hazrat Umer (ra) became the caliph. Or when Hazrat Usman (ra) was chosen?

Did Hazrat Ali (ra) protest? And what did the family had to say when they were being chosen?
            I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
            - Robert McCloskey

Comment

authenticity pay aa gayeee!!!wallah!!
              The beloved daughter of the Prophet died six months after her father passed away.
              Hazrat Ali throught out his life when ever he found the oppertunity,he used to relate of his being oppressed and usurpation of his rights.every one worked hard(just like they r working now agaisnt shia's)to denigate him and to extinguish his light and to conceal his merits and virtues.for he had no vanities of the world which would attarct people towards him.
              and you can see his family in Karbala,Imam Hussain lost every thing but won the war.
              the fourth time it was the people of Madina who unanimously swore alegience to Imam Ali.
              "Loving Ali is believing and hating him is hypocrisy"
              sahih,muslim,vol1,pg61
              u never said u had some hadiths which are not authentic let me guess all the ones having nice stuff about Hazrat ALI.PATHETIC
              ro paray

Comment

Sophi,

You are taking it all wrong.

I am just asking as I don't know myself, what happened when Hazrat Umer (ra) was nominated as the Khalifa? Where was Hazrat Ali (ra)? And what did he have to say about it?

Similarly if you can tell me what happened at the time of Hazrat Usman (ra), that will at least help me increase my knowledge.

If there is someone else who know of this incidents, please feel free to contribute.

[This message has been edited by ahmadjee (edited May 05, 2002).]
                - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Sophi

Instead of 'beating about the bush' and blabbering on about undying love, oppression etc etc.

Answer the question.

How did the previous 2 Caliphs succeed Ali RA.

Secrecy or open vote?

If you don't know, jus say so!

Comment

Sophi, we have seen where shias copy and paste these "sahi muslim and sahi bukhari" hadieths, please post the LINK to the hadith. So, we would know which site you are getting these hadiths from. Thanks.

Comment

well i am no scholar!!!i find and read stuff and then tell you,unlike you ofcourse u post every thing bad u can find by any tom,dick and harry.
                      the book is when i was guidedfrom the following link www.al-islam.org
                      go to beliefs and practices and then to shia and sunni.
                      and why are'nt u checking your books!!you ahve plenty time to curse and no time to check your books for references.

Comment

Will someone expand on why it even matters now?

Comment

it saysn the othet hand we find that the acclamation of abu bakr was a "mistake" as umar puts it,"may Allah protect the muslims from its evil".The acclamation of umar was based on a promise given to him by abu bakr.the acclamation of usman was a historical comedy:umar nominated 6 people for the calipahte and told then to choose one.the important thing is that Abdul rehman ibn awf choose Ali on the condition that he should rule in accordance with the book of Allah and the traditions of the two shaykha:abu bakr and usman.Ali refused these conditions but usman accepted them,so he became the caliph.
                          as you can see it was a closed session in which they themselves decided who to pick from 6 guys.where as Harzar Ali was choosen by the people the fourth time.
                          Ahmed ibn Hanbal said,"no one among the companions of the Messenger of Allah had more virtues than Ali ibn abi Talib".
                          AL MUSTADRAK,AL HAKIM,VOL3,PG 107
                          AL MANAQIB,AL KHAWARIZAN,VOL3,PG9
                          TARIKH,SUYUTI,PG 168
                          TARIKH,IBN ASAKIR,VOL3,PG 63
                          SHAWAHID AL TANZIL,AL HASKANI ALHANAFI,VOL1,PG 19
                          Ahmend ibnHanbal said,"Ali had many enimies who searched hard to find a fault to him,but they could not,so they brought a man whom Ali had fought and battled with and praised him because of their hatred towards Ali."(79)
                          but Allah said,"surely they will make a scheme, and I too will make a scheme so glad the unbelievers a respite:let themalone for a while".HOLY QURAN 86:15-17
                          (79)fath albari,vol7 pg 83
                          al sawaia al muhriqah,pg 125
                          tarikh,suyuti,pg 199

)

Comment

Knew it.

Sophi, please go to this thread and read my replies at the end.
                            http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/Forum13/HTML/004979-3.html

Most of the hadiths at http://www.al-islam.org/ are not found in sahi muslim or bukhari but that site still quotes them in order to fool people like you.

Comment

very confusing, Shia brothers cry out loud that Hazrat Ali (RA) was denied of his Caliphacy three times, yet he never sought "worldly" powers. If he never sought worldly powers, whats wrong with you?

Just a question for Shia brothers, why did family wait for 3 days to bury Prophet PBUH? if u wish to answer it in a separate thread, it'd be okay too.

------------------
                              May Allah SWT guide us all towards right and help us follow the right

Comment

Working...
                              X