Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Did Khomeini A Shia, object to Satanic Verses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Did Khomeini A Shia, object to Satanic Verses?

I understand Khomeini is a Shia and the Shia sect do not hold Ayesha, the child bride of the Prophet, in High Esteem.

Also I understand, Salman Rushdie's sin among others is that he insulted Ayesha in Satanic Verses.

So why should Khomeini object to that?

Did Khomeini ever gave a press conference or interview or an Official Communique, laying out the charges against Rushdie with Quotes from his book?

I mean SOMEBODY in his cuckoo land should be able to read English, though that wouldn't get you far trying to understand Rushdie's 'Magic Realism' whatever that is!!!

he has not just insulted Ayesha inthe book, but everything in Islam.

The prophet, the quran and a lot more.

------------------
    What happens when we're dead? The irony is that all our questions will be answered after we die. We spend our whole life trying to figure out the truth and the only way we'll find out what it is, is to get hit by a bus. And the only comfort that religion offers is that God is driving that bus.

All racists who are prepared to die for their contry, please do that now.

Comment

Where and How?
      I mean, I understand Khomeini acting loony, but did Educated Muslims come up with relevant quotes from Satanic Verses and showed how they insult their Prophet?

Mind you, even if he did, it is still no reason to persecute Rushdie.
      In that case, I would have to pass the death sentence over a lot of Anti-Hindu Islamic Websites and Christian Missionaries!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Andhra:
        Where and How?
        I mean, I understand Khomeini acting loony, but did Educated Muslims come up with relevant quotes from Satanic Verses and showed how they insult their Prophet?
        Try and get hold of a book by Shaikh Ahmad Deedat entitled "How Rushdie fooled the west". I gave it to one of my British colleagues who used to argue like you. He came back and said that Rushdie should not be killed; he should be hung by the ***** and left to die in pain.
        I hope that answered your next para too.

In that case, I would have to pass the death sentence over a lot of Anti-Hindu Islamic Websites and Christian Missionaries!!!
        Blasphemy is a crime. Not criticising religion. If someone says anything about Islam I shall try to clear their misconceptions. But if they say anything against the Prophet (sallallaho alaihe wasallam), the sahaba and his wives, I shall not spare all efforts to teach him/her a lesson.

------------------
        Rabbeshrah lee sadree; wa yassirlee amree; yafqahoo qaulee.

Comment

Andhra

Have you ever read the Satanic Verses. I doubt it very much.

So I don't think you are in a position to make any comments.

Actually, even if you had read it, you would most probably be the first in line to nominate Rushdie for the Nobel Peace Prize!!!

Having read and cross referenced the book,(if you can call it that). It Blasphemes to the highest degree.

The Satanic Verses is seen by Muslims as a calculated attempt to vilify and slander the Prophet PBUH. Not only has Rushdie said what he pleased about Muhammad PBUH, but he has also taken liberties with God. The reaction of the Muslim communities across the world was loud, clear and right!!!

In a nutshell, the plot of Satanic Verses, in so far as it is intelligible, is centred around the lives of two ageing Indian actors. Gibreel Farishta (Gabriel the Angel)and Saladin Chamcha (the Yes man). Miraculously, they survive the fall when a plane is blown up in a terrorist attack. Upon Descent, they turn into fantastic embodiments of Good and Evil. With Chamcha, and Anglophile representing evil. True to their names, Chamcha grows horns and begins to resemble the Devil, while his Angelic companion acquires a Halo.

The story of both these lives are linked to a Prophet Mahound, who lives in the hedonistic metropolis of Jahilia and is given revelation through Gibreel.

Not too much of a coincidence!!!

Actually, you'd better read the book for yourself. My time costs money!!!!!!!!

Comment

Well, I saw reviews about it and know the plot now.

Interesting !!!!

It is an 'Alllegory' you know.

He didn't name your prophet did he?

I mean people do it all the time!!

Anyways I have no patience for Rushdie the Writer and no sympathy for Rushdie the man if you can call him that.

Infact you can't. While hiding he announced he converted to Islam!!!

Anyway I want all Muslims like you to know, you guys made him a lot of Money!!

Comment

Andhra

As usual, your reputation precedes you.

I did not buy the book, but borrowed it from a HINDU!!!!!!!

So it looks like your people made him a lot of money!!!

Comment

>>So it looks like your people made him a lot of money!!!<<

Hindus are poor. Anyway I don't believe your Hindu friend bought the Book.
                It is either borrowed or stolen!!
                It is a great Hindu tradition!!

It is the WEST that made him all the Money!!

Don't buy Coca-Cola No More!!!

Have Fun!!!

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Andhra:
                  [
                  He didn't name your prophet did he?

yes he did.

he twisted the names but everybody knows what he is talking about in the book.

I visit anti islamic websites often, none of them is that offencive as this book is.

I agree you muslims have given him so much fame, they should have just ignored him.

I tried reading this book two year ago.
                  Couldn't read it, turned it back in the library next day.

I hated this book.

------------------
                  What happens when we're dead? The irony is that all our questions will be answered after we die. We spend our whole life trying to figure out the truth and the only way we'll find out what it is, is to get hit by a bus. And the only comfort that religion offers is that God is driving that bus.

Comment

FactFinder,

Among us all you have probably read the book, so would you kindly point out (quote) what are the blasphemies committed by Rushdie?

That will save people like me a lot of trouble when discussing such this topic the next time with someone. Not to mention I won't have to read it myself.

If you don't want to waste time typing, it will be nice if you can point me to some websites that quote directly from his book and make the case against him?

Thanks!
                    I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
                    - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Ahmedjee

Ain't you got no Faith in me!!!!!!!!

Comment

i read very little of it two years ago.

don't know much but basically
                        he repeats the history of islam, have twisted the names of characters.
                        he call prophet's wifves prostitutes (while we respect them as mothers), he has made fun of angel Jibreal and have showed him corrupt. And have added so much other insulted stuff. step by step he have insulted every aspect of prophet's life and islam.

I don't know much or details, since i didn't read it.
                        not just because it is offencive but also because it is boring. If it wasn't controversial nobody would even have given a second thought to it.
                        Its not worth it

------------------

Comment

ahmadjee, there are quite a few web pages I believe.
                          Anyway what's the point?
                          As I said it is an 'Allegory'!!!
                          Essentially Rushdie was trying the same scurriolous tactics.
                          Like Trashning Hinduism, India and Mrs. Gandhi in 'Midnight's Children' and Pakistan, Zia in 'Shame'.

I don't think much of him as a person.
                          I followed the affair quite closely.
                          Indian Press played a role in it by the way!!

Comment

Originally posted by sholay:

Ain't you got no Faith in me!!!!!!!!
                            huh?

Bhai, I was asking FactFinder not you ...

The reason I asked was because I bought the book 'Stannic Verses' intending to read it & make my own judgement, but just can't find the heart to read it. (I have better books that I can read this summer)

So, if someone can quote me some objectionable pages, I will go read those specific chapters & that will save me reading the whole darn book.
                            I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
                            - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Ahmedjee

Read:

Be Careful with Muhammad by Shabbir Akhtar - published by Bellew.

It will save you the trouble of reading the original bull, and will give you the answers and outlook you require.

Comment

Working...
                              X