Internet Divorce, what they say......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internet Divorce, what they say......

It seems that many gentle Muslims are utilizing the Internet facility for divorce process.

As per Sharyat it seems that the presence of woman, the wife is not a necessity and the Kazi or two witnesses are also something conditional.

no...
    its wrong....
    u possibly just heard a rumor....

next question please....

------------------
    "Our Lord! forgive us our sins and anything we may have done that transgressed our duty; establish our feet firmly and help us against those that resist faith." Quran(3:147)
    Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

Originally posted by anand:
      It seems that many gentle Muslims are utilizing the Internet facility for divorce process.

As per Sharyat it seems that the presence of woman, the wife is not a necessity and the Kazi or two witnesses are also something conditional.
      Although, I don't know if it's true or not, I don't see any that u can't divorce someone over the internet.

I mean if the two hearts (or either of them) doesn't want to be together then use whatever methods u want to use.

Comment

There is always a conflict between Muslim Personal Law and the Law of the land. Whenever something does not suite the conservative part of Muslim society they easily take shelter of Sharyat.

Yesterday there was a program on Muslim Personal Law for divorce on Indian channel ‘Aaj Tak’, and this new status of divorce on Internet was exposed.
        Let us say that Aaj Tak is a bogus TV channel.

Comment

Originally posted by anand:
          There is always a conflict between Muslim Personal Law and the Law of the land. Whenever something does not suite the conservative part of Muslim society they easily take shelter of Sharyat.

lets put it this way, Law of the Land is designed in conflict with Islamic Shariat.

Yesterday there was a program on Muslim Personal Law for divorce on Indian channel ‘Aaj Tak’, and this new status of divorce on Internet was exposed.
          Let us say that Aaj Tak is a bogus TV channel.

it might as well be, who knows . I don't know much about "Internet Divorce", care to explain what it really is? I assume its passing "I divorce you" using email. if thats the case, then anyone can send an email using false ID, its so easy to dodge, and a sensitive issue like DIVORCE should not be taken easy.
          ------------------
          May Allah SWT guide us all towards right and help us follow the right

[This message has been edited by Changez_like (edited May 07, 2002).]

Comment

Is it really possible to get a divorce over the internet? Does that mean you just go online, fill out a form, and then your divorced? I'm confused!!!

Brenda

------------------
            Hope for the best, prepare for the worst!!!

Comment

Yeah! I have read such reports. Weddings/Divorces are conducted on phones frequently. So there is no surprise in the news.

Comment

Working...
              X