Islaamic Trivia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Islaamic Trivia

The other day AZ, Flamezz, & I were taking this Islaamic quiz and it was fun! Alahamdulillah, it refreshes the things we learned from all those bedtime and naptime stories. So Flamezz sugessted that I put up a trivia post and here it is! I'm going to post some trivia daily, then at the end of the week, I'll post the answers. Please do not post answers to this thread, we want everyone to have a fair chance to remember the answers on their own. If anyone, doesn't know, the answers will be given at the end of the week anyways insha'Allah.
    ################################################## #####

1. Who was swallowed by a whale?

2. What is the original Qibla?

3. What is the longest Surah in the Quraan?

4. What direction (where)do muslims face to pray?

------------------
    Yaa Hayyu yaa Qayyoomu bi-rahmatika astagheethu aslih lee sha'nee kullahu wa laa takilnee ilaa nafsee tarfata 'ainin

All righty, today's questions are below:

################################################## ####

5. Which city was Prophet Muhammad (Sallalhu alayhi wasallam) born in?

6. When Prophet Muhammad (Sallalhu alayhi wasallam) was 12 years old, a Christian monk foretold his prohpethood. What was this monk's name?

7. What was the name of Medina at the time of migration?

8. Whose footsteps did Prophet Muhammad (Sallalhu alayhi wasallam) hear ahead of him to Jannah?

Comment

AoA, good idea sis!!! But plzzzzzzzz let us answer the questions else its it'll be boring.... plzzzz pretty plz?????

Let us all try our best to answer the questions.

------------------
      "I put my trust in Allah, my Lord and your Lord! There is not a moving creature, but He has a grasp of its forelock. Verily, my Lord is on the straight path. (The truth)"
      (11:55-56)

"...Indeed my prayer, my sacrifice, my living and my dying are for Allaah, the Lord of the worlds" (6:162)

Comment

Originally posted by Muni:

1. Who was swallowed by a whale?

3. What is the longest Surah in the Quraan?

4. What direction (where)do muslims face to pray?

5. Which city was Prophet Muhammad (Sallalhu alayhi wasallam) born in?

6. When Prophet Muhammad (Sallalhu alayhi wasallam) was 12 years old, a Christian monk foretold his prohpethood. What was this monk's name?

7. What was the name of Medina at the time of migration?

8. Whose footsteps did Prophet Muhammad (Sallalhu alayhi wasallam) hear ahead of him to Jannah?

[/B]
        1. Hazrat Yunis

2. Masjid Al-Aqsa

3. Surah-Al-Baqarah

4. Masjid-Al-haram(makkah)

5. Makkah

6. ?

7. Yastribh (?)

8. I don't know. One of his close relative?

What good a trivia quiz, when you can't answer it!

Comment

1. Same as Serial's
          2. Same as Serial's
          3. Same as Serial's
          4. Same as Serial's
          5. Same as Serial's
          6. Buheera or Buhera
          7. Same as Serial's
          8. Bilal (RA)

------------------
          "I put my trust in Allah, my Lord and your Lord! There is not a moving creature, but He has a grasp of its forelock. Verily, my Lord is on the straight path. (The truth)"
          (11:55-56)

"...Indeed my prayer, my sacrifice, my living and my dying are for Allaah, the Lord of the worlds" (6:162)

Comment

1. Younis (AS)
            2. Aqsa
            3. Baqarah
            4. Makkah (NE 32 degrees Toronto)
            5. Yathrib (Medina)
            6. Interesting, I'd like to hear this story since fortune telling is forbidden.
            7. Hmmm..I think it was of a woman; but i'm not sure.

------------------
            Jitna Diya Sarkar Nay Mujko, Itni Meri Auqat Nahi, Yeh Saab Tumhara Karam Hai Aqa, Mujh Mein Aisi Koi Baat Nahin.

It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.
            Rabul MashriqaiN wal MaghribaiN

Comment

Originally posted by CocoNut:
              6. Interesting, I'd like to hear this story since fortune telling is forbidden.
              It was not fortune telling. The particular sect which that monk belonged to believed that another prophet would be sent. When Mohammed (SAWS) told the monk about his experience with Jibraeel, the monk recognised the predicted signs of prophethood and told Mohammed (SAWS) that he was a prophet of God.
              Muslims are so good at dividing that they can divide the atom. If you see two Muslims, probably they belong to 3 parties.
              Al-Ghazali

Comment

Mad_Scientist is right!

Source:The Sealed Nectar (Biography of the Noble Prophet (SAW)

Pg. 60

'When the Messenger of Allah (SWT) was twelve years old, he went with his uncle Abu Talib on a business journey to Syria. When they reached Busra (which was part of Syria, is the vicinity of Howran under the Roman domain) they met a monk called Bahira (his real name was Georges), who showed great kindness, and entertained them lavishly. He had never been in the habit of receiving or entertaining them before. He readily enough recognized the Prophet (SAW) and said while taking his hand: "This is the master of all humans. Allah will send him with a Message which will be a mercy to all beings." Abu Talib asked: "How do you know that?" He replied: "When you appeared from the direction of 'Aqabah, all stones and trees prostrated themselves, which they never do except for a Prophet. I can recognize him also by the seal of Prophethood which is below his shoulder, like an apple. We have got to learn this from our books." He also asked Abu Talib to send the boy back to Makkah and not to take him to Syria for fear of the Jews. Abu Talib obeyed and sent him back to Makkah with some of his men servants.' [1]

[1] Ibn Hisham, 1/180-183; Zad Al-Ma'ad 1/17.

[This message has been edited by Sadiaa (edited May 02, 2002).]

Comment

Most of the guppies answered Masjid-e-Aqsa, the fact is the Aqsa Mosque was built after the demise of Holy Prophet(sa), during the tenure of Hadhrat Umar(ra).

The first Qibla was Bait-ul-Muqadas(aka The Dome of the Rock) and not the Aqsa Mosque, which is located near to it.

[This message has been edited by raaj-dulara (edited May 02, 2002).]

Comment

Rise 'n Shine! gupsters! Its Jummah...

Sadiaa-
                    you're absolutely right, its much more fun if people write their responses, I was just afraid there'd by 85 responses for each day but that seems a bit far fetched!

Answers
                    • 1. Yunus (Jonah in the Bible)

2. Original Qiblah- lol, I was just looking for the city of Jerusalam but it is actually Bait-ul-Muqadas(The Dome of the Rock)as RD pointed out.

3. Suratul Baqarah

4. The present Qiblah is the Ka'bah > Masjid-Al-haram >Makkah

5. Makkah

6. Bahira (Baheera)Coco Its not fortunetelling, the Jewish & Christian Scriptures foretold of the last Prophet and they were given signs to identify. Thanks Sadiaa for the story, I'll post (insha'Allah)the one I know which talks about the specific signs.

7. Yathrib

8. Bilal (Radiallahu Anahu)

[This message has been edited by Muni (edited May 02, 2002).]

Comment

Lets have a 'method to this madness' why don't we go chronologically.
                      • 9. Allaah offered the responsibility of free will to the universe, all animate & inanimate things declined but something accepted it. What is this "something"?

10. The Angels bowed to Adam (Alayhis Salaam) but who refused & why?

11. Adam (AS) & Huwwah lived blissfully in the Garden. What was the one law that Allaah gave them?

12. What is Islaam's view about who was responsible for falling out of Allaah's graces which resulted in their removal from the Garden?

Comment

can someone tell me whats that foot step thing the Prophet(PBUH) heard???? in detail plz

Comment

Originally posted by Muni:
                          Lets have a 'method to this madness' why don't we go chronologically.
                          • 9. Allaah offered the responsibility of free will to the universe, all animate & inanimate things declined but something accepted it. What is this "something"?

10. The Angels bowed to Adam (Alayhis Salaam) but who refused & why?

11. Adam (AS) & Huwwah lived blissfully in the Garden. What was the one law that Allaah gave them?

12. What is Islaam's view about who was responsible for falling out of Allaah's graces which resulted in their removal from the Garden?
                          9. Shaitan (?)
                          10. Iblis, Because he said i am superior to Adam (Alaayhis Salam)as i have been worshipping u long before he started. (and the fact that Adam (Alaayhis Salam) was made of claY???))
                          11.A tree that Allah forbid Adam & Eve to eat fruit of.
                          12.Islaam view is that Iblis mislead them and tempted them to eat the fruit. (so both, Adam n Eve were responsible. (?))

--Do correct me. Its just out of memory...
                          JazakAllah

Comment

Originally posted by reza khan:
                            can someone tell me whats that foot step thing the Prophet(PBUH) heard???? in detail plz
                            --I cant recall the exact wording of the hadith, but its something like this, pls someone correct me if i am "wrong"--

Prophet(pbuh) asked Hazrab Bilal (RA):
                            "Bilal, Tell me what do u think will take u to Jannat? Because i heard ur footsteps ahead of me in Jannah."

Bilal (RA) replied: "Beloved Prophet (pbuh)whenever i make a wadoo, I always follow it with Nafals. (Namaz)"

Comment

how come anyones foosteops be ahead of our Prophrt(PBUH)??? someone plz try to explain?? and no comments from u PA aka aahmed aka faceup plz...

Comment

Working...
                              X