Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Camel's Urine a Medicine According To Hadith?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Camel's Urine a Medicine According To Hadith?

Now, I see members here making fun of Hindus so many times as 'Cow Urine Drinkers'!!!

Matter Of Fact it is becoming more and more rare to catch Hindus doing it.
    Morarji Desai ofcourse made it memorable!!!

On the Other Hand I find that Arabs in the Days of your prophet believed Camel's Urine Is Cool!!!!
    Like Pepsi or something!!!

Infact there is a 'Hadith' about it!!!

>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>
    Books of Hadith contain many home-remedies, according to ideas prevalent at that time, which are scientifically absurd. The Hadith mentions there being a cure for every ailment in black cumin seed [Hadith 591, pg.400, vol 7]. This is evidently not true. Can it cure cancer or AIDS, not to mention even the common cold? Hadith suggests that we drink "camel-urine" to recuperate after an illness [Hadith 590, pg.399, vol.7]. This is disgusting, naturally speaking. Urine is toxic stuff. The Koran places extreme importance on cleanliness and clean eating (tayyab). The Hadith mentions that "fever" is from the "heat of hell" [Hadith 621,622, page 417, vol 7]. Atrocious!
    <<<<<<<<<<<<&l t;<<<<<<<<<<<

Mind you, as usual I DID NOT take this out of an anti-Islamic Web Site!!
    This is from a Muslim who seems to be trashing Hadith and praising Koran.
    http://members.aol.com/masadi/hadith.htm

My Question is, can some of our scholar shed some light on Camel's Urine and Hadith?

Your comments Are Welcome

Ever Curious

Andhra The Brahmin

have never heard about it.

it aint true.

------------------
    What happens when we're dead? The irony is that all our questions will be answered after we die. We spend our whole life trying to figure out the truth and the only way we'll find out what it is, is to get hit by a bus. And the only comfort that religion offers is that God is driving that bus.

All racists who are prepared to die for their contry, please do that now.

Comment

Notice the false references:

[Hadith 591, pg.400, vol 7]

Hadith 590, pg.399, vol.7].

Hadith 621,622, page 417, vol 7].

these people are fooling themselves and trying to fool others when they praise "Quran" and then attribute lies to sahaba and friends of Prophet Mohammad. As you can see, these hadiths have no BOOK name, just "hadith" and then random numbers to make you think that it is from some BOOK! In facts, these hadiths DO NOT exist and urine of ANY animal is DIRTY and is not a CLEAN thing to drink, or take it as cure!

Go try to find these "hadiths" on this website: http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/reference/reference.html

Also, look at this thread how a shia and shia website tried to prove its argument true by fabricated most hadiths and atributing them to none by Aisha who they all hate! http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/Forum13/HTML/004979-3.html

[This message has been edited by Serial Guppy (edited May 06, 2002).]

Comment

Serial beta, the author did quote his source

Sahih Al Bokhari. English Translation by M. Muhsin Khan
        Here are the Hadith numbers as per your link, now follow your Imam Bukhari and drink some camel urine ..

Volume 7, Book 71, Number 589:

Narrated Anas:

Some people were sick and they said, "O Allah's Apostle! Give us shelter and food. So when they became healthy they said, "The weather of Medina is not suitable for us." So he sent them to Al-Harra with some she-camels of his and said, "Drink of their milk." But when they became healthy, they killed the shepherd of the Prophet and drove away his camels. The Prophet sent some people in their pursuit. Then he got their hands and feet cut and their eyes were branded with heated pieces of iron. I saw one of them licking the earth with his tongue till he died.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Volume 7, Book 71, Number 590:
        Narrated Anas:

The climate of Medina did not suit some people, so the Prophet ordered them to follow his shepherd, i.e. his camels, and drink their milk and urine (as a medicine). So they followed the shepherd that is the camels and drank their milk and urine till their bodies became healthy. Then they killed the shepherd and drove away the camels. When the news reached the Prophet he sent some people in their pursuit. When they were brought, he cut their hands and feet and their eyes were branded with heated pieces of iron.
        JaddoN kaddya jaloos ghareeba tay shehr ich choatalee lug gayee

Comment

Andhra, did u read the title of on the website. It says "Distortion of Islam".

If u r still not happy and a real curious person then find a hadith book whichever it's been quoted there and check it yourself.

Comment

Fact still remains, that Hindus drink cow urine, take shower under cow urine, "cure" their diseases with cow urine, sprinkle some on their eyes, etc etc.

Another attempt of yours to make islam like hinduism foiled!

PA, go take care other mess before coming here blindly trying to exploit the situation and causing more hardship on your self.

The first hadith only mentions "milk," so that is what I believe they drank. I am sure there is some background to "urine drinking"(maybe it was mistold or something) part, which I will have to find out.

Comment

>>>>Volume 7, Book 71, Number 589:<<<

How do u read that??? what's book 71 means?

Comment

Originally posted by Serial Guppy:
                Notice the false references:

[Hadith 591, pg.400, vol 7]

Hadith 590, pg.399, vol.7].

Hadith 621,622, page 417, vol 7].

these people are fooling themselves and trying to fool others when they praise "Quran" and then attribute lies to sahaba and friends of Prophet Mohammad. As you can see, these hadiths have no BOOK name, just "hadith" and then random numbers to make you think that it is from some BOOK! In facts, these hadiths DO NOT exist and urine of ANY animal is DIRTY and is not a CLEAN thing to drink, or take it as cure!

Go try to find these "hadiths" on this website: http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/reference/reference.html

Also, look at this thread how a shia and shia website tried to prove its argument true by fabricated most hadiths and atributing them to none by Aisha who they all hate! http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/Forum13/HTML/004979-3.html

So - SERIAL,
                Everyone is a BLOODY liar except you.

DRINKING URINE for medicinal purpose is a SAHIH BUKHARI and notice the treatment being meted out to the 'apostates' in this hadeeth:

Volume 8, Book 82, Number 794:
                Narrated Anas:

Some people from the tribe of 'Ukl came to the Prophet and embraced Islam. The climate of Medina did not suit them, so the Prophet ordered them to go to the (herd of milch) camels of charity and to drink, their milk and URINE (as a medicine).

They did so, and after they had recovered from their ailment (became healthy) they turned renegades (REVERTED from Islam) and killed the shepherd of the camels and took the camels away.

The Prophet sent (some people) in their pursuit and so they were (caught and) brought, and the Prophets ordered that their hands and legs should be cut off and that their eyes should be branded with heated pieces of iron, and that their cut hands and legs should not be cauterized, till they die.

Comment

Originally posted by khan_sahib:
                  >>>>Volume 7, Book 71, Number 589:<<<

How do u read that??? what's book 71 means?
                  khan_sahib, that's the hadith number as compiled in the database link Serial quoted.

Click the link.. select Sahih Bukhari and go to number 71. Medicine.

In there look for Hadith Number 589 and 590
                  JaddoN kaddya jaloos ghareeba tay shehr ich choatalee lug gayee

Comment

Malick, read my reply above.

Comment

Originally posted by Adbulmalick:

DRINKING URINE for medicinal purpose is a SAHIH BUKHARI and notice the treatment being meted out to the 'apostates' in this hadeeth:

The Prophet sent (some people) in their pursuit and so they were (caught and) brought, and the Prophets ordered that their hands and legs should be cut off and that their eyes should be branded with heated pieces of iron, and that their cut hands and legs should not be cauterized, till they die.

[/B]
                      Point #1: Camel Urine was used as a remedy in the Pre-Islamic Era. And it worked.

Point #2: The Hadeeth of Bukhari has not described all the circumstances surrounding the issue (that's because Imam Bukhari (Rah.) would take extreme precaution in narrating ahaadeeth, and would leave out the parts that did not meet his rigid criteria.

The matter is that, a Sahaabi (forgot his name) was once asked what was the most stern punishment given by the Prophet (S), and he answered it.

Also, those people, (the apostates) had SODOMIZED the Shepherd, and branded his eyes with heated iron . Also, if I remember correctly, they had cut his arms and legs and let him to die mercilessly. This information comes to us from the other hadeeths, by different compilers.

The Prophet (S) was naturally angered by this KAMEENGI of those apostates.

Also, this was the most severe punishment the Holy Prophet (S) had EVER ORDERED.

It's not like describing the punishment for NOT committing Mut'ah !!!

Comment

>>Fact still remains, that Hindus drink cow urine, take shower under cow urine, "cure" their diseases with cow urine, sprinkle some on their eyes, etc etc.
                        Another attempt of yours to make islam like hinduism foiled!<<

Serial Guppy, I can't believe you are NOT a Child!!!

Anyway read my post again. I am ready to concede that some Hindus do think Cow's Urine is great among other things.

No WOnder because it is a Baabarian Religion.

YOU on the otherhand have a 'PURE' Religion.
                        How Pure?
                        Pure as Camel's Milk OR ....

Take Care!!!

Man, this 'Hadith' business is hilarious.
                        Like there was another one I found out that says 'God Loves those Who Sneeze and Hate Those Who Yawn!!' or something of the kind!!!

Comment

Anybody ever heard of 'zaeef ahadees'? or does everyone insist on being a 6th century scholar?

Comment

See what I mean Serial guppy Bhai, listen to your fellow Muslims!!!

Here is what Khoon-E-Shaheed has to say!!

>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>
                            Point #1: Camel Urine was used as a remedy in the Pre-Islamic Era. And it worked.
                            <<<<<<<<<

So now we are down to accepting Camel Urine was like Pepsi in those parts before the Islamic Era.

Since Camels and their Urine remain the same before and after Islam, what's the position on Camel's Urine in those 'Hadith' now?

Man, do I love these 'Hadith'!!!

Comment

Andhra, don't grin too much.

I don't know if it was used for Medicinal purposes before or after Islamic era. Thus, I didn't comment on it.

As I said, there must be some kind of story behind this hadith and who ever drank the "ruine." And I do not have any knowledge of it, thus I will not comment on it.

And even though you grin a lot as your "feel good" gesture, the fact still remains:

Hindus were drinking cow urine 500 year ago.
                              Hindus still drink cow urine TODAY.

Relying on one hadith(which may be related to "pre islamic era") to nullify what people say about hindus drinking cow urine TODAY and many centuries ago is very weak legged argument and very silly!

Comment

Working...
                              X