Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reading Fard only?

Salaam,

I was speaking to a relative recently and he mentioned that because for a duration of time he did not pray and hence was astray from the duty of prayer he was told by a shaikh to work on reading fard only. For the time being that is, than once he is more orthadox in his prayers he should read sunnah.

I suppose my question than is, has anyone heard about this or read about it? So the simple manner in going about this is reading fard i.e. 2 for fajir, 4 for shur and so on?

I hope this makes sense to some degree, thank you for your input.

Allah Hafiz

[This message has been edited by belle (edited May 05, 2002).]

From what I hear the Imam recommended Fard (obligatory) prayers because he saw that your cousin was missing out on what he has no valid excuse for; when sunnah can't actually be missed but not really. Yes, I have read it.

But it is said that you should do your sunnahs and fards. Just in case you make a mistake in fard unknowingly sunnah prayers will patch the mistake up.

------------------
    Jitna Diya Sarkar Nay Mujko, Itni Meri Auqat Nahi, Yeh Saab Tumhara Karam Hai Aqa, Mujh Mein Aisi Koi Baat Nahin.

It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.
    Rabul MashriqaiN wal MaghribaiN

Comment

Originally posted by CocoNut:

But it is said that you should do your sunnahs and fards. Just in case you make a mistake in fard unknowingly sunnah prayers will patch the mistake up.

HUH? When did this start happening?

Comment

Farz are the compulsory units. Therefore they take precedent over sunnah, nwafil etc etc.

Your Salaat cannot be complete without the Farz units but can be complete without the Sunnah and Nwafil units.

Farz means exactly what it says. Compulsory.

Sunnah means exactly what it says. The way of the Prophet PBUH.

Please remember that we do not pray for anyone except Allah, therefore the Farz will suffice for now.

And finally, yes, even I am astonished with Coconuts explanation concerning Sunnah units!!!

Comment

Salaam

CocoNUt:Thank you for the input, however i think you have now left others confused with your statment in regards to reading sunnah.

sholay: Thank you very much for the informative relpy.

Allah Hafiz
          Jazak"Allah

Comment

I don't know the exact Ayaa but it goes like this that, someone who offers the sunnahs will get a special place in the heavens. For those who don't offer them will be punished by not being giving that special place in paradise and thats about it.
            According to this I presume offering only Fard does the job!

Comment

Working...
            X