Cloning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cloning

In Mahabharatha (the greatest Hindu epic) written about 3000 years ago, the author describes a scene:

When Sage (sage means saint) Vyasa was impressed by the hospitality offered by queen Gandhari, he asked her what she wants in return. Gandhari replied, she wants 100 children. (No women in one life time can give birth to 100 children). But Sage Vyasa said, "So be it" and left. Gandhari soon became pregnant from her husband.

When Gandhari gave birth, it was not a baby at all, but only a piece of flesh. Horrified, she was about to abandon the flesh, when Sage Vyasa appeared and asked Gandhari to split that single embryo into 100 parts and culture each part in 100 separate kund or containers under special conditions.

After sometime, those 100 parts regenerated themselves into 100 children.

End of scene from Mahabhartha.

Now fast forward 3000 years later to 2002 AD.
    Here is a scientist named Matapurkar, who holds a US patent on "organ regeneration technique" that he developed 10 years ago who feels this amazingly resembles cloning!

Weirdly true isn't it?

More news here at: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/A...art_id=8871649

[This message has been edited by kumarakn (edited May 04, 2002).]

I think this belongs in Alice in Wonderland!!

Give us a break!!!

Comment

Thi seems more reasonable than beliveing wild beasts from Allah fighting in Palestine.

Comment

I'll stick to the wild beasts on this one.

Because we can accept or deny the account.

But what can we say about the cloning coming from the Mahabarat.

Can you accept or deny!!!

Comment

I was just going to say some good comments and cuerious questions on this story.

but after leaving your comments. i would rather not bother think it twice.

what about the wild indian hindu beasts burning and slaughtring their muslim neighbors on the name of who knows what ,,, may be a COW, RAT or BLUE MONKEY.

------------------
          What happens when we're dead? The irony is that all our questions will be answered after we die. We spend our whole life trying to figure out the truth and the only way we'll find out what it is, is to get hit by a bus. And the only comfort that religion offers is that God is driving that bus.

All racists who are prepared to die for their contry, please do that now.

Comment

the most repulsive thing about hinduism is not the religion itself.

But the attitude and extremism of its people.

------------------
            What happens when we're dead? The irony is that all our questions will be answered after we die. We spend our whole life trying to figure out the truth and the only way we'll find out what it is, is to get hit by a bus. And the only comfort that religion offers is that God is driving that bus.

All racists who are prepared to die for their contry, please do that now.

Comment

I am not a fan of cloning, but there are many fascinating tracts in ancient scripture. I am sure there are more hair raising items in Indian history. I would not discount the incredible out of hand, science sees itself as too unassailable. It is not critical of itself enough. It ignored certain phenomenon, held wrong beliefs for to long and has had an overblown ego. Things are getting better, though.

[This message has been edited by TOMASSO (edited May 04, 2002).]

Comment

Science has a funny way of catching up with science fiction. A lot has been written about it. As John Wheeler a noted physicist said that the amazing thing about the Universe is that we can make 'sense' of it!!

Comment

Working...
                X