Question on Halal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on Halal

The other day I was checking a Bangladeshi soap and as I was going through the wrapper, saw "100% halal soap" written in a way similar to statutory warning on tobacco product.

My question is how can halal be associated with soap? Or is this something different?

My another question is how do you define which animal is to be killed by halal? Chicken, goats, cattle meat must be halal while there is no restriction on fish or crab meat. Is there any particular Sunnah or Hadith regarding this?

Although, I am not convinced about the Halal soap myself but the concept is that it doesn't have any ingredients (i.e. fatty ones) from Pig. Why I am saying that I am not convinced that we are not allowed to eat pig and cleaning yourself with soap is not eating at all. The opposite arguement is that you should not put some 'ghilazat' (filth) on your body. Maybe someone else can give you a better answer as this is just my personal thinking.

As far as the other question goes we are allowed to eat most of the sea animals. It is because Quran says so (again somebody can help me quote this verse).

Now how u decide which animals to eat (or halal) has got certain criteria. I think generally flesh eating animals are not Halal but I shouldn't be quoted on this one.

------------------
    teray rub ka tu farmaanla tuq-na-tu

Comment

Originally posted by Amitayus:
      My question is how can halal be associated with soap? Or is this something different?
      Ibrahim says: Greetings of Peace to one and all

“ Halal “ ( clean, approved) can be associated with everything that man can do , use or abuse on this planet and that is why some Hindus prohibit the consumption of meat and declare only vegetarianism is the way. Believe it or not, recently the VHP suggested that Indian Muslims should not consume beef because it offends them ( meaning it is not halal to them ( hindus) so it must be forbidden to all in India)

The origin for this is , At the time of Prophet Adam till Prophet Noah ( peace be upon them) { in Hindu scriptures this prophets are known as the 1st Manu to the 7 th Manu } this was indeed the case NO meat was to be consumed by mankind and only vegetarianism was approved by God . As such only plants were halal at that time but later on meat was approved . ( since Hindus are stuck in the past they still practice what was approved for the 1st and 7th Manu only)

I hope you understand what halal means in religious terms from the above explanation .

Now coming to soap, since fats are used in their manufacture, many manufacturers use pig fats (lard) in their production ( or even from animals that had been slaughtered without the mentioning of God’s name) and the pig had been forbidden and condemned by our Creator in the Veda, Bible and Qur’an as such using anything from such origins would be disliked by Muslims ( the believers in God) .

Thus some manufacturers print the words halal , to indicate they have only used clean materials in their manufacture.

This is same as the “U” and “K” symbols promoted on American and European products indicating that they are “kosher” = halal for Jews

for the general info of all …………….

> The "Kosher Nostra Scam" on the American Consumer

>by
      >Ernesto Cienfuegos
      >La Voz de Aztlan
      >
      >http://aztlan.net/koshernostra.htm
      >
      >Los Angeles, Alta California - 4/27/2002 - (ACN) La Voz de Aztlan receives quite a few "news tips" per week from our many subscribers and readers. Some we dismiss immediately but a very few catch our attention. Last week we receive an e-mail asking us if we knew the significance of the small encircled letter "U" or letter "K" that can be found printed on many food
      >cans, food packages and on other kitchen products. The message gave us some clues and suggested that we do some research into the subject. What we found certainly was "news" to us and it both shocked and angered us.
      >
      >On arriving at my residence, I immediately went to the pantry to verify that what I had just learned was actually true. Sure enough, most of the packaged and canned foods from major companies, like Proctor & Gamble and
      >others, did have the (U), the (K) or other similar markings. The Arrowhead water bottle, the instant Folgers Coffee, the Kelloggs box, the Jiff Peanut Butter, the Pepper container, the Trader Joe's tea box and even the Glads plastic sandwich bags carton had the (U) or (K) mark on them.
      >
      >We needed a little more verification so we called two major companies to asked some questions. We chose Proctor & Gamble that markets the Folgers Coffee and the Clorox Company that manufactures the Glads plastic zip lock sandwich bags. Each of the two companies, as well as most others, have
      >1-800 telephone numbers printed on their packages for consumers to call in case they have any questions about their products. When we asked the Proctor & Gamble representative what the (U) meant on their Folgers Coffee container, she asked us to wait until she consulted with her supervisor.
      >She came back and informed us that the mark meant that the coffee was " certified kosher". We than asked her how and who certified the coffee to be "kosher" and whether it cost any money to do so. She refused to answer these and other questions. She suggested that we write to their Corporate Public Affairs Department. We than called the Clorox Corporation to ask what the (U) meant on the package of their Glads plastic sandwich bags and she also said that the (U) meant that the plastic bags were "kosher" but refused to answer questions concerning payments the Clorox Corporation has to make in order to be able to print the (U) on their products.
      >
      >What we learned next, pretty much floored me personally. I learned that major food companies throughout America actually pay a Jewish Tax amounting to hundreds of million of dollars per year in order to receive
      >protection. This hidden tax gets passed, of course, to all non-Jewish

>consumers of the products. The scam is to coerce the companies to pay up or suffer the consequences of a Jewish boycott. Jewish consumers have learned not to buy any kitchen product that does not have the (U) the (K) and other similar markings.
      >
      > Another shocker was learning who is actually behind these sophisticated
      >"Kosher Nostra Scams." It turns out that the perpetrators of these elaborate extortion schemes are actually Rabbinical Councils that are set up, not just in the U.S. but in other western countries as well.
      For example, the largest payola operation in the U.S. is run by those who
      >license the (U) symbol. The (U) symbol provides protection for many products sold here in Aztlan and in the United States. This symbol is managed by the The Union of Orthodox Jewish Congregations with
      >headquarters at 333 Seventh Avenue in New York City.

>
      >The scam works like a well oiled machine and is now generating vast amounts of funds, some of which are being utilized by the Union of Orthodox Rabbis to support the Ariel Sharon Zionist government in Israel.
      >The website of the Union of Orthodox Jewish Congregations is full of pro-Israel and anti-Palestinian propaganda.
      >
      > The "Kosher Nostra" protection racket starts when an Orthodox Rabbi approaches a company to warn the owners that unless their product is certified as kosher, or "fit for a Jew to eat", they will face a boycott
      >by every Jew in America. Most, if not all of the food companies, succumb to the blackmail because of fear of the Jewish dominated media and a boycott that may eventually culminate in bankruptcy. Also, the food companies know that the cost can be passed on to the consumer anyway. The
      >food companies have kept secret from the general consumer the meaning of the (U) and the amount of money they have to pay the Jewish Rabbis.

>
      >It is estimated that the Union of Orthodox Jewish Congregations, which manages the (U) symbol protection racket, controls about 85% of the "Kosher Nostra " certification business. They now employ about 1200 Rabbi
      >agents that are spread through out the U.S. Food companies must first pay an exorbitant application fee and than a large annual fee for the use of the (U) copyright symbol. Secondly, the companies must pay separate fees each time a team of Rabbis shows up to "inspect" the company's operations.
      >Certain food companies are required to hire Rabbis full time at very lucrative salaries.
      >
      >The amount of money that the non-Jewish consumer has paid the food companies to make up for the hidden Jewish Tax is unknown, but it is estimated to be in the billions since the scam first started. The Orthodox Jewish Councils as well as the food companies keep the amount of the fees very secret. The Jewish owned Wall Street Journal wrote about the problem many years ago, but they have stopped writing about it now.
      >
      >Only public awareness concerning the "Kosher Nostra Scam" will eventually
      >help stop this swindle of the American consumer. Public education of the scam may lead to an eventual non-Jewish boycott of all products with the (U), (K) or other Jewish protection symbols. I certainly do not need to

>pay extra for "kosher water", "kosher coffee" or "kosher plastic sandwich
      >bags". In fact, I demand my money back for all I had to pay over the years for the hidden and illegal Jewish Tax. Are there any bright attorneys out there that could bring a class action suit against the Union of Orthodox Jewish Congregations on behalf of the citizens of Aztlan and other non-Jewish people?

My another question is how do you define which animal is to be killed by halal?

Ibrahim says: Just as only plants were approved in the initial development of mankind ( but not all since some were clearly poisonous and others were clearly intoxicating ) Guidelines on which animals were to be consumed were given in the Veda, Bible and Qur’an and which were to be shunned.

Thus man had clear guidelines from the beginning and man did not invent what to eat ant what not to eat.

Thus what was approved by God was halal and what was disapproved by God was haram

Chicken, goats, cattle meat must be halal while there is no restriction on fish or crab meat.
      Ibrahim says: This is because one has to kill the living animal by slaughtering and draining its blood from a land animal whereas a fish dies the moment it is caught ( out of water) and the blood is collected in its gills to be thrown out and is not consumed by man, when cooked.

The prescribed law for mankind was to slaughter and animal with the approval of God by mentioning His name and making sure the blood is drained out from the animal before consumption.

Is there any particular Sunnah or Hadith regarding this?
      Ibrahim says : Yes! The scriptures gives the details.

Veda :-

Visnusmrti 51:6.

"If a man has (unawares) eaten meat of a five-toed animal, with the exception of the hare, the porcupine, the iguana, the rhinoceros, and the tortoise, he must fast for seven days." --

Manusmrti 11:136-139

"....for killing a goose, a crane, a heron, a peacock, a monkey, a falcon, or a vulture, he should give a cow. For killing a horse, he should give a garment; for an elephant, five black bulls; for a goat or sheep, a draught ox; for a donkey, a one-year-old (calf). But for killing carnivorous wild animals he should give a milk-cow, and for non-carnivores, a heifer; for a camel, a 'berry' (a small measurement in copper, silver or gold). To become clean after killing an unchaste woman of any of the four castes a man should give a leather bag, a bow, a billy-goat, or a sheep, individually according to the caste." --.

Bible :

Genesis 9

1. Then God blessed Noah and his sons, saying to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the earth.

Ibrahim says: ( this is after the deluge where Vishnu appears as a fish to save the 7th Manu in Hindu lore)

2. The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea; they are given into your hands.

3. Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything.

Ibrahim says: hence only at this time was meat approved for mankind proper to that mankind existed solely on plants

4. "But you must not eat meat that has its lifeblood still in it.

Ibrahim says hence the stern warning was against the consumption of blood

Qur’an :

2: 168 O ye people! eat of what is on earth lawful and good; and do not follow the footsteps of the evil one for he is to you an avowed enemy.

169 For he commands you what is evil and shameful and that ye should say of Allah that of which ye have no knowledge.

170 When it is said to them: "Follow what Allah hath revealed" they say: "Nay! we shall follow the ways of our fathers." What! even though their fathers were void of wisdom and guidance?

171 The parable of those who reject faith is as if one were to shout like a goat-herd to things that listen to nothing but calls and cries; deaf dumb and blind they are void of wisdom.

172 O ye who believe! eat of the good things that We have provided for you and be grateful to Allah if it is Him ye worship

173 He hath only forbidden you dead meat and blood and the flesh of swine and that on which any other name hath been invoked besides that of Allah but if one is forced by necessity without wilful disobedience nor transgressing due limits then is he guiltless. For Allah is Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful.

Hope that helps put the matter to rest.

Regards
      Ibrahim

Enlightenment is the principal of living; not a spiritual climax .

Comment

Working...
      X