Other Than Your Own

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Than Your Own

Other than your own, what religion you like the most and why?

------------------
    What happens when we're dead? The irony is that all our questions will be answered after we die. We spend our whole life trying to figure out the truth and the only way we'll find out what it is, is to get hit by a bus. And the only comfort that religion offers is that God is driving that bus.

All racists who are prepared to die for their contry, please do that now.

judaism, cuz its similar to mine.

------------------
    Jitna Diya Sarkar Nay Mujko, Itni Meri Auqat Nahi, Yeh Saab Tumhara Karam Hai Aqa, Mujh Mein Aisi Koi Baat Nahin.

It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.
    Rabul MashriqaiN wal MaghribaiN

Comment

a verse in the Quran says inna al-deen end Allah Islam....
      i.e. the religion according to Allah is Islam....

so I do not consider any case of liking any other religion....
      wud somehow be a violation of the above verse....

------------------
      "Our Lord! forgive us our sins and anything we may have done that transgressed our duty; establish our feet firmly and help us against those that resist faith." Quran(3:147)
      Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

Originally posted by armughal:
        a verse in the Quran says inna al-deen end Allah Islam....
        i.e. the religion according to Allah is Islam....

so I do not consider any case of liking any other religion....
        wud somehow be a violation of the above verse....

violation?? how??

it just say that the true and greatest religion is Islam.

doesnt forbid from likeing or admiring other faiths

------------------
        What happens when we're dead? The irony is that all our questions will be answered after we die. We spend our whole life trying to figure out the truth and the only way we'll find out what it is, is to get hit by a bus. And the only comfort that religion offers is that God is driving that bus.

Comment

can a pakistani convert to other religen?
          i think it is against the law and blashmemous?

Comment

Originally posted by rvikz:
            can a pakistani convert to other religen?
            i think it is against the law and blashmemous?

yes, it is.

------------------

Comment

Why would there be a need to like any other religion if you truly believe your religion is the true way of life. It covers everything from top to bottom.

But in regards to your question, i would say Christainty, as it is more smiliar to Islam. Also when Christans look further into their religion they find questions unanswered and when they tune to Islam they find it all.
              Whereas with Jewish people they have arisen Allah ta'ala's Anger and will never enter paradise.

Comment

This day, I have perfected your religion for you, completed My Favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islām as your religion. (from Al-Ma'idah 5:3)

Islam is already complete and perfect in everyway possible, i can't even think of a religion i'd like, when i already have Islam.

Jazak'Allah Khairun

Comment

Hard question for me to answer. I was rasied in a Christian church, but as an adult, have not followed an organized religion.

Brenda

------------------
                  Hope for the best, prepare for the worst!!!

Comment

The concept of religion is absent in Hinduism. Every creature on this planet is a part of the vast universe created by the lord. Religion is just a faith or discipline followed by a particular sect/tribe according to me. Whether you accept it or not, there is only one creator, called in different names.
                    I cannot understand the concept of "your God is different from my God, and my God is powerful than your God", hence I can never grade that this is best and that is better.

However answering your topic,
                    Well every other system seems to be better in some aspects, like if I see the sufi's of India (especially from my southern states) and the ordinary Muslims here in towns and villages, I feel Islam is better.
                    But, when I think on international level I feel christianity is better.

Comment

Originally posted by Victory:
                      The concept of religion is absent in Hinduism. Every creature on this planet is a part of the vast universe created by the lord. Religion is just a faith or discipline followed by a particular sect/tribe according to me. Whether you accept it or not, there is only one creator, called in different names.
                      I cannot understand the concept of "your God is different from my God, and my God is powerful than your God", hence I can never grade that this is best and that is better.

Very good points.
                      Brenda

------------------
                      Hope for the best, prepare for the worst!!!

Comment

I would like to be a Sikh if I am not a Hindu!!

Comment

SO: you have clearly expressed your detestation of some of the other religions. So why ask?
                          Religion: Truth where ever it may lead.

Comment

Originally posted by Andhra:
                            I would like to be a Sikh if I am not a Hindu!!
                            sikhs belive in one god, can you do that?

and you havent told why you like sikhism. i like this religion too.

------------------

Comment

Truely believing in one's own religion does not mean that you should not explore other religions. Neither is it forbidden in Islam.

Old Lahori:

Unconditional love for my faith does not mean that I do not have intrest or respect for other religions.

------------------

Comment

Working...
                              X