Why Arabia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Arabia?

Does the Koran explain why the Wonderful Religion is revealed in Arabic to an Arab?

I mean majority of people in this World don't speak Arabic right?

I was wondering if the Koran mentions any reason for that.

Is it because Prophet Mohammed is the most Righteous and Pious among the men of his day?

Since we are on the topic Does the Koran mention other languages?
    Like 'Jews who speak Hebrew' etc.,

And this for my personal curiosity.
    Does the Koran mention India? (I mean the whole sub-continent)

Ever The Curious Brahmin

Andhra

I have seen your pic in the Image Gallery and you look like a grown up to me. Has it ever occurred to u why geeta and ramamyan were written in the local languages. Coz those languages were spoken at that time in that area.

Arabic was the language used in that area where Prophet Mohammed (pbuh) was born.

Also, Quran is not a story book as you might have been asking this because of your Brahmin background (coz Ramayan is like a story book) but it is rather a code for life as to how should u lead ur life. So quit asking these childish question again and again.

Quran does mention about Jews and Christians and yes we all know that at the time of Prophet Moses (pbuh) the local language was Hebrew.

Comment

It was not a childish question at all.
      You see, Ramayana and MahaBharata don't claim to be the ultimate Truth or the revealed Word of God, though in some sense Gita is.

Also there are several 'Versions' of them.
      One of the facts trumpeted on this forum is Koran has no 'Versions'. It is the revealed Word of God.

Mind you it was not I who is claiming all these things.

So since Koran is the be all and end all, a natural question to ask would be why Arabia and Arabic!!!

Comment

Allah (swt) sent 125,000 prophets to all nations.Why not arabia/arabic?

Comment

>>Allah (swt) sent 125,000 prophets to all nations.Why not arabia/arabic? <<

see, that's the kinda thing I am looking for!!!

So Is this stuff mentioned in Koran?
          Are the countries mentioned by name?
          From what I read sofar, Koran seems to limit itself to the middle east, chiefly it seems to mention Jews and Christians.

Which begs the question ofcourse, why the revealed Word of God for all humanity seems to limit itself to a minority of them!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Andhra:
            Does the Koran explain why the Wonderful Religion is revealed in Arabic to an Arab?

Is it because Prophet Mohammed is the most Righteous and Pious among the men of his day?

Ever The Curious Brahmin

Andhra

i willanswer what i can
            1]arabic is the easiest of all languages to memorize not write hence the unchanged nature of quran
            2]sometimes even 300 different ways can be employed using the same roots .why wudnt a supreme being use this typeof language?
            3]as the fastest growing religion quran has been the source of inspiration to many even after being translated to native languages and restricting its meaning-denotes universality of its nature
            4]as to if quran mentions india or subcontinent i dont remember but 3 hadeeth do

Comment

>>Allah (swt) sent 125,000 prophets to all nations.Why not arabia/arabic? <<

see, that's the kinda thing I am looking for!!!

So Is this stuff mentioned in Koran?
              Are the countries mentioned by name?
              From what I read sofar, Koran seems to limit itself to the middle east, chiefly it seems to mention Jews and Christians.

Which begs the question ofcourse, why the revealed Word of God for all humanity seems to limit itself to a minority of them!!!

thank u for attemting

do jews and christians and idolators and non believers make minority of the population?

Comment

its because God had sent prophets to various different people but none had been sent to the Arabs before the Prophet Muhammad(saw). So if you're God and decided to send a Prophet to the Arabs, you're going to chose someone who can speak their language. Same goes for the scripture, the Arabs wouldn't have understood a word of it if the Quran had been in Latin

------------------
                "You wanna know why Joey Ramone's my hero?
                Cuz people like you never managed to grind him down.
                They never stole his spirit.
                He never gave in, he never gave up, and never sold out.
                Right 'til his last breath
                And he's not dead.
                Guys like that...
                They live forever."

For 'The Lone Gunmen'....you will always be remembered.

Comment

Ever The Curious Brahmin

Andhra

Do u got a prob with that?
                  Ask Allah when u stand infront of Him or when u r burning in the hell fire.
                  And i think that if u have some knowledge abt stuff u should know that many langzz came out of arabic.. many words in english are also frm arabic.. the whole middle east and the population of that region is very high in world which speak arabic.. and arabic was the language of the area where Allah revield Quran.. and why Arab cuz Allah knew that Islam is gona spread from one man to the city to country to continent and now through the world..
                  now a days our governments have accepted other languages such as english as the main language cuz its the lang of science.. but before arabic was and it was accepted by every one.. If Khilafah is restlablish again Inshallah Arabic will be the language of the world..

------------------
                  "Only for Allah and to gain His pleasure"
                  "You are either slave to what made man or u are slave to what man made"

Comment

Andhra

I detect a disappointment from you because it wasn't India!!

Never mind. Maybe next time. You wish!!!

Anyway, if you had bothered to research historical religion and I mean religion, not Idol Worship. You would of noticed that Abraham was given a promise by God stating that a great nation will arise from his son Ishma'eel AS, when he was ordered to leave his son and wife in the wilderness. Obviously, this nation is what you now know as Arabs. God never goes back on his promise, similarily when God states that non believers will abide in the Hellfire for eternity. This will also come True.

Messengers have also come to places like India, but people like you have distorted the Message:

006.042: Before thee We sent (messengers) to many nations, and We afflicted the nations with suffering and adversity, that they might learn humility.

014.004 We sent not an apostle except (to teach) in the language of his (own) people, in order to make (things) clear to them. Now Allah leaves straying those whom He pleases and guides whom He pleases: and He is Exalted in power, full of Wisdom.

016.036 For We assuredly sent amongst every People an apostle, (with the Command) "Serve Allah, and eschew Evil": of the People were some whom Allah guided, and some on whom error became inevitably (established). So travel through the earth, and see what was the end of those who denied (the Truth).

Secondly, your questioning has already been predicted:

010.002 Is it a matter of wonderment to men that We have sent Our inspiration to a man from among themselves?- that he should warn mankind (of their danger), and give the good news to the Believers that they have before their Lord the lofty rank of truth. (But) say the Unbelievers: "This is indeed an evident sorcerer!"

Thirdly, the Qur'aan came as a Guide,Mercy, Healing and Light for ALL MANKIND, not just for one set of people as you had wished and failed to see!:

014.001 A. L. R. A Book which We have revealed unto thee, in order that thou mightest lead mankind out of the depths of darkness into light - by the leave of their Lord - to the Way of (Him) the Exalted in power, worthy of all praise!-

010.057 O mankind! there hath come to you a direction from your Lord and a healing for the (diseases) in your hearts,- and for those who believe, a guidance and a Mercy.

Fourthly, please read and digest the following self explanatory ayats:

006.007: If We had sent unto thee a written (message) on parchment, so that they could touch it with their hands, the Unbelievers would have been sure to say: "This is nothing but obvious magic!"

006.008: They say: "Why is not an angel sent down to him?" If we did send down an angel, the matter would be settled at once, and no respite would be granted them.

006.009: If We had made it an angel, We should have sent him as a man, and We should certainly have caused them confusion in a matter which they have already covered with confusion.

042.007 Thus have We sent by inspiration to thee an Arabic Qur’an: that thou mayest warn the Mother of Cities and all around her,- and warn (them) of the Day of Assembly, of which there is no doubt: (when) some will be in the Garden, and some in the Blazing Fire.

You see, the Mother of Cities is Mecca and not Delhi or Mumbai!!!

You've had your chance and blown it. Now it's our turn!

I can go on and on, but will suffice for now so that you may digest.

The question that really needs to be answered is why was the Vedas in Sanskrit and only for India?

Quote verses please, so that I may cross reference.

'Ensure your own backyard is in pristine condition before slating your neighbours'.

Comment

Please stick to the question!

Sentinel.

[This message has been edited by Sentinel (edited April 28, 2002).]

Comment

RVIKZ

The issue here is the Qur'aan and not citizenship!

Being an Arab is not the criteria for being a Muslim. Islam is for ALL MANKIND.

I have a gut feeling where you are going with your questioning, and am happy to play along with you for the time being!

But just for you, I have a number of Dual Citizenships, but not Arabic.

Similarily, neither do I have Indian!!

I am happy with the ones I have and am not interesed in Arabic or Indian citizenship.

Being a Muslim is MORE than enough for me.

Now, what country to you originate from, and do you have any citizenship at all!

Comment

It was not a childish question at all.
                          You see, Ramayana and MahaBharata don't claim to be the ultimate Truth or the revealed Word of God, though in some sense Gita is.
                          Read the translation of the very first sentence of 2nd Chapter of Quran (i.e. 2:1) and you will know the difference.

Also there are several 'Versions' of them.
                          One of the facts trumpeted on this forum is Koran has no 'Versions'. It is the revealed Word of God.
                          Have you seen any of them? Who wrote these versions? I will wait for your reference.

Mind you it was not I who is claiming all these things.

So since Koran is the be all and end all, a natural question to ask would be why Arabia and Arabic!!!
                          Quran is the LAST revealed book by Allah (God). Earlier books were written in different languages. Why Quran claims that it is "for all" because there wouldn't be any need if people of earlier books didn't make any changes to their books (i.e. books of Jews and Chrisitans). All those books had the same message i.e. to believe in ONE God. Also, you will find that these three religions have a lot in common.

There are 6666 sentences in Quran and if you write an account of each prophet in one line then it would be asking too much from a Guidance Book as it would sound like a mere story book. There are accounts of few prophets and the idea is to stop people from committing certain mistakes that the previous generations have made. Also, there would be a certain reward if you didn't commit those sins. (Now, don't jump like a western journalist and start asking questions about 72 virgins and blah blah as it seems to be coming from a very shallow person).

Comment

No wise cracks!

Sentinel.

[This message has been edited by Sentinel (edited April 28, 2002).]

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Andhra:

not just among people of his time, he was the greatest among people of all times.
                              read that book which talks about 100 most influential people of this world. It is written with a secular prospective. you might have already read it.

Why Islam and other three major ibrahimic religion originated in middle east?? I don't know much about that.
                              According to my brother arabs were so ignorant that they needed prophets to guide them. more than any othet nation.

Prophet Muhammad once said about india that he can feel cold or cool breeze coming from there. Meaning that something good will come from that region.

iqbal meantioned this hadees in his poetry while talking about hinduistan

Meeray arab ko ai tahndi hava jahan say
                              vahdat ki lay suni thi dunia nay jis makan say
                              mera vatan vahi hay, mera vatan vahi hay

( at the time of Iqbal india and pakistan were same country)

Today some people including me believe that prophet had foreseen that on indian subcontinent islam will rule for centuries. and also that so far pakistan is the only islamic country with nukes.

------------------
                              What happens when we're dead? The irony is that all our questions will be answered after we die. We spend our whole life trying to figure out the truth and the only way we'll find out what it is, is to get hit by a bus. And the only comfort that religion offers is that God is driving that bus.

All racists who are prepared to die for their contry, please do that now.

Comment

Working...
                              X