What are the Religious Books for Islam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are the Religious Books for Islam

There has been a similar discussion in some thread, so I wish to separate this toipc which is very important.

Without indulding in wasteful cut-and-pastes, please respond (mainstream muslim responses are what i'm fishing for) which Books as they are available today do you consider to be your divine source for Islam.

Remember to include ALL such Books without which you would think your Religion would remain unexplained or incomplete.

I will go first.

1. The Qur'an

Yep.. that's all I consider to be the true word of God and enough for all my religious needs.

Your turn.
    JaddoN kaddya jaloos ghareeba tay shehr ich choatalee lug gayee

THE most important:

THE QURAN

and then,

Books of Ahadeeths.

------------------
    AND WHEN IT IS SAID TO THEM: "DO NOT MAKE MISCHIEF ON THE EARTH", THEY SAY "WE ARE ONLY PEACE-MAKERS" VERILY, THEY ARE THE ONES WHO MAKES MISCHIEF, BUT THEY PERCEIVE NOT"-[Qur'an-2:11-12]

Comment

Let's give quantified responses.. WHICH Book of Ahadith? there could be hundreds.
      JaddoN kaddya jaloos ghareeba tay shehr ich choatalee lug gayee

Comment

The only untampered Divine Book on the face of the earth is the:

Qur'aan.

Other Divine Scriptures are still present, but have been tampered with and so are not in their original format. So only parts of their message are Divine.

Secondly, I believe that certain A'Hadeeth are authentic but cannot be Divine as this has been proven via the Qur'aan. However, I still accept authentic A'Hadeeth providing they do not contradict the primary source of guidance. The Qur'aan.

For me, the Qur'aan is the primary source and the A'Hadeeth is the secondary source.

Any problems with this. We can debate and agree to disagree!

Comment

*yawn*
          another useless attempt of defaming the Hadith; the words of the Prophet Muhammad(pbuh)

------------------
          "Our Lord! forgive us our sins and anything we may have done that transgressed our duty; establish our feet firmly and help us against those that resist faith." Quran(3:147)
          Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

hhhhmmmmmm...........
            thats rite....

Comment

well, i guess there is nothing more to say here!

Comment

Working...
              X