Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how can we best describe love in islam ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how can we best describe love in islam ...

wat do u think abt the teenage love which is true & intense ...... the real love without any hanky phankies ..... wats does islam say abt it ..... i am talkin abt the kind of love between a boy & girl who kno how to repects thereleves .....

its still WRONG....
    cuz u allow one case and u have to allow others as well....
    and we know where that will lead to....

------------------
    "Our Lord! forgive us our sins and anything we may have done that transgressed our duty; establish our feet firmly and help us against those that resist faith." Quran(3:147)
    Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

Originally posted by untammed heart:
      wat do u think abt the teenage love which is true & intense ...... the real love without any hanky phankies ..... wats does islam say abt it ..... i am talkin abt the kind of love between a boy & girl who kno how to repects thereleves .....
      Intrestin question, wish i knew da answer...but anyway thats why islam encourages marraige at a young age to stop all da emotions getin loose and out of control....anyway if dey luv each otha wat they waiten 4?..they mgt aswel get married!

Comment

Originally posted by armughal:
        its still WRONG....
        cuz u allow one case and u have to allow others as well....
        and we know where that will lead to....

Says who brother?
        Love is NOT forbidden, NOT AT ALL! love was the reason why earth was created. Love is Love,may it be between mother or child,a boy or girl.Its pure and its respected.
        As far as the question is concerned, if you are asking loving someone and with good intention aproaching the person and conveying your feelings...what does islam say about it.
        Totaly right! go for it, but one thing important here, your intentions, you can't lie to Allah about it... he knows whats in your heart,and a good intention near Allah is, loving someone and willing to get married to that person. Doing everything the way Allah has commanded us. Nikah karna, and giving your relationship of love a jaiz name. A love marriege

don't bother listening to people who say love is wrong, its not unless your intentions are right, but do not delay in getting married when other person agree's,because that may get you in doing something wrong/haraam.....which will ruin your akhira and the dignity of "Love".

it says in Quran that marry any momin muslimah/muslim whom you like/desire/love/admire etc. But the condition is "MARRY" if he/she agrees and accpets your purposal.

ayte brother
        peace out,
        Let me know if anything is bugging you. I will try my best to guide you under the ligh of Hadith and Quran.
        SALAMUALAIKUM

------------------
        Parde ilm hazaar kitaaba...kaddee apnai aap nu parya naee.." BULLEY SHAH

Comment

I agree with her... Its no wrong to love a human... Yet there are some limitations! below is a piece of writing someone posted in this forum early on... I hope it helps you ppl...

Major shirk can be divided into four categories:

The first category of major shirk is “associating in supplication”, which involves directing one’s supplications to other than Allah as a means of gaining provisions or being cured from a sickness or obtaining help during a crisis or for any other purpose.
          The second category of major shirk is “association in the intention”, that is, performing deeds that may be good in themselves but which are done for the sake of this worldly life and not for the sake of Allah.
          The third category of major shirk is “association in loving Allah”. That is to love someone or something else more than or as much as one loves Allah.
          The fourth category of major shirk is “association in obedience” which is to obey people when they make unlawful things lawful, and to believe that it is permissible to follow those who make such legislations.
          Here we discuss the third category.
          The third category of major shirk is “association in loving Allah”. That is to love someone or something else more than or as much as one loves Allah. Allah says: “There are men who take others besides Allah as equal with Him. They love them as much as they should love Allah. But the believers have more love for Allah.” (Qur’an 2:165)
          There are people who recognize Allah as the Creator, the Owner and the Sustainer of the universe, and yet love others more than Him. Some people love money more than they love Allah and for this reason, they do not pay zakat or they gain their money from unlawful sources. They are the slaves of Dirhams and Dinars, or in today’s terminology, the slaves of Dollars. The Prophet, sallallahu `alaihi wa sallam, said: “He who became the slave of the Dinar or the Dirham will perish and be destroyed.” (This is part of a hadith related by Al-Bukhari). Some people love their desires more than they love Allah. Consequently, they would follow their desires even when they lead to disobeying Allah: “Do you see the one who is taking as his lord his own desires?” (Qur’an 25:43). Therefore, loving Allah and His Messenger more than anything is a precondition for tasting the sweetness of faith. It has been narrated in an authentic hadith that the Prophet sallallahu `alaihi wa sallam, said: “There are three qualities whosoever has them will taste the sweetness of Iman: loving Allah and His Messenger above all else, loving someone solely for the sake of Allah, and hating to return to disbelief after Allah has rescued him from it, as much as he would hate being thrown into Hellfire.” (Related by Al-Bukhari). Allah has put two criteria to test whether one’s love for Him is more than the love of anything else. The first is the following of the Sunnah of the Prophet, sallallahu `alaihi wa sallam. Allah says: “Say (Muhammad), if you do love Allah, follow me, Allah will love you (in return) and forgive your sins” (Qur’an 3:31). Thus, following the Sunnah in all aspects of our lives is absolutely essential. The second criterion to know if one’s love of Allah is more than anything else is through jihad for the sake of Allah: “Say: If it be that your fathers, your sons, your brothers, your wives or your kindred, the wealth that you have gained, the commerce in which you fear a decline or the houses in which you delight, are dearer to you than Allah or His Messenger, or the jihad for Allah’s sake; then wait until Allah brings about his decision; and Allah does not guide the rebellious,” (Qur’an 9:24).

------------------
          You see, one thing is, I can live with doubt and uncertainty and
          not knowing. I think it's much more interesting to live not knowing
          than to have answers which might be wrong.
          I don't feel frightened not knowing things, by being lost in a
          mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me.

Comment

yeah bro have feelin for opposite sex is innate in every human...its part of its human nature, in da same way the surival instinct is and the spiritaul istinct is...

But like i said b4 u cant use ur own mind or da reality to determine how to control these feelin or what to do...

...u have to look at islam, and islam says marry the person and hence no dating,hangin out etc...jus get married n enjoy ur luv, its simple as that

[This message has been edited by iam_bak (edited April 25, 2002).]

Comment

Originally posted by iam_bak:
              Intrestin question, wish i knew da answer...but anyway thats why islam encourages marraige at a young age to stop all da emotions getin loose and out of control....anyway if dey luv each otha wat they waiten 4?..they mgt aswel get married!

Young people should wait to get married, so they can get their lives together:career and self. Also in this day of such high divorce rate, they should make 100% sure that this is the person they want to marry. Love is great, but it won't pay the bills.

My son is 18, and going to university in the fall. He has been dating the same girl for two years, and I am certainly not pushing them to get married. She is a very nice girl and I love her also, but they just aren't ready. I like his plan. He wants to wait until after he graduates university.

Bottom line, kids don't need to get married. Marriage is adult business.

Brenda

------------------
              Hope for the best, prepare for the worst!!!

[This message has been edited by bcsm57 (edited April 26, 2002).]

Comment

Working...
              X