Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stoning sentence for Pakistan woman

Stoning sentence for Pakistan woman

Human rights groups in Pakistan have expressed deep concern about a woman who has been sentenced to death by stoning for adultery.

A district court in the town of Kohat in western Pakistan passed the sentence under Islamic Sharia law after police said the woman had confessed.
    The woman, Zafran Bibi, went to the police two years ago to register a case of rape against her brother-in-law, but police later charged her and the man of having an adulterous affair.

The Islamic laws were introduced during the 1980s and are widely seen as working against women's rights.

This is not the first time a woman who has brought an accusation of rape has ended up being found guilty of adultery herself.

There have been a few cases in the past few decades when women have been sentenced to be stoned to death in this manner but none has been carried out.
    This is what ends up happening when the Sharia laws are only implemented in half without knowing the concept or the nature. They only get misused & abused over & over again.

Sharia laws should be applied either totally or not at all. I prefer sharia law but not like this. Only people with knowledge and right conditions should pass the judgements not some district judges.

Comment

I do not believe these draconian laws have any place in our society. I hope the High court throws this case out like it has done on many other occasions. Pakistani women must be given their due rights as provided for under the Pakistani constitution and under the International Convention on Human Rights.

Comment

So u think Islamic laws are draconian and evil?

Comment

I DO NOT support stoning to death of a Human Being period.

Comment

Well its Islamic law, there are reasons for this law, thought that something ordered by God is right or not is a personal matter. When people know the significance, they understand, dont understand without significance.

Comment

According to Sharia law, you need only 4 witnesses (and that's it) to get someone sentenced for Stoning to death on charges of adultery.

Now, the last time I checked the rate for getting witnesses to any crime outside Rawalpindi Kacahri where Rs. 100 (maybe they are higher now) & some lawyers will help you get some special deals!

With society so irresponsibly corrupt, its heaven for evil minded people to abuse the Shariah Laws.

Comment

Very true. Although sometimes there is no need for four witneses in cases like when a women becomes pregnant without having any husband.

[This message has been edited by reza khan (edited April 19, 2002).]

Comment

If a woman gets pregnant, it doesn't mean she committed adultery e.g: in the case of a Rape.

As the article claims, most women who get raped don't come out because of fear that nothing will be done about the man, instead they will be in jail for life or sentenced to death.

Comment

Originally posted by Dil he Pakistani:
                    I do not believe these draconian laws have any place in our society. I hope the High court throws this case out like it has done on many other occasions. Pakistani women must be given their due rights as provided for under the Pakistani constitution and under the International Convention on Human Rights.

Allah says in the Qur'an [words to the effect] "stone to death the adulterer whether male or female"

Allah defines the humans their rites and not human beings so to say that this law is bad is a great crime in Islam becuase infact it is the law of Allah vs the law of man.

unfortunatly in Pakistan there is pure kufr, man made law with a fraction of Islam in small aspects which is forbidden! So what Pakistan needs is a radical change to an Islamic system.

"It is not fitting for a believer, man or woman, when Allah and His messenger have decreed a matter that they should have any option in their decision" [Al- Ahzab: 36],

"Oh you who believe! Fear Allah and speak (always) the truth". [Al- Ahzab: 70]

"And fear Allah. Verily, Allah is Ever All-Witness over everything". [Al-Ahzab: 55]

Comment

Originally posted by Saif-Allah:

Allah says in the Qur'an [words to the effect] "stone to death the adulterer whether male or female"
                      Please quote the whole verse and the verse number, so it is open to discussion.

And as far as the question of what should be done about Pakistan's law is concerned, your suggestion of "radical change to an Islamic system" will make the situation more devastating.

The society as a whole & the condition of the so-called spiritual or religious leaders is so awful that it will result in only giving Islam a bad name. Just like we saw happening in Afghanistan.

Comment

Remember that the arabs of jahilliya were worst and more awful than us and the Sharia changed it all. If implemented correctly it would be the best solution for the society.

[This message has been edited by reza khan (edited April 19, 2002).]

Comment

[ Transferring from Pakistan Affairs to Religion ]

Comment

Stoning laws for adulteres origniate from the fine compilations of Mr. Bukhari and Muslim. They were fond of compiling such laws for crimes whose punishment had already been prescribed in the Qur'an.

Of course people consider Bukhari and Muslim to be more trustworthy than the Prophet. The Prophet brought Allah's word in the Qur'an which people toss aside and follow Bukhari and Muslim for the source of their Islam.
                            JaddoN kaddya jaloos ghareeba tay shehr ich choatalee lug gayee

Comment

Originally posted by reza khan:
                              Remember that the arabs of jahilliya were worst and more awful than us and the Sharia changed it all. If implemented correctly it would be the best solution for the society.
                              It was not the law that changed them but instead the devoted, self sacrifice, exemplary character, prayers and the literal upbringing by the Holy prophet (saw) of the whole nation that made such a transformation possible. If it was only the law that was needed then it wouldn't have taken 23 years for Quran to be revealed.

The Sharia is for a society where people are responsible, have fear to God in their hearts, and would not go on the stand for a few rupees to give a verdict against someone they didn't knew in the first place.

[This message has been edited by ahmadjee (edited April 19, 2002).]
                              I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
                              - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Working...
                              X