X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do you....

a question from innocent kafir...

why do muslims/jews shun pig's meat?

1. Allah (SWT) forbade us from consuming Pig's meat and using anything that is derived from it

2. It has some kind worms/virus or something, which is harmful and doesn't go away even after coking/boiling etc

3. Also because Pig eats its own feces

4. Pigs don't have a neck (or a proper neck) so we cannot slaughter them.

*I could be wrong, but these are some of the reasons I've heard of. InshAllah, I'll try to post some articles on it.

Comment

a friend of mine once asked me why dont you like pigs? so i said oh i love pigs thats why i dont eat them
      Yaad aaiy jo dard ki raat may, jis ki baat ho apni har baat may.

Comment

Pork

Why Pork is Forbidden?

[This message has been edited by Sadiaa (edited April 24, 2002).]

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sadiaa:
          [B]1. Allah (SWT) forbade us from consuming Pig's meat and using anything that is derived from it

Yea Sadia u got it in 1 guess....its cuz Allah (swt)forbid it and no other reason!

[This message has been edited by iam_bak (edited April 24, 2002).]

Comment

Originally posted by cHEeGUm:
            a friend of mine once asked me why dont you like pigs? so i said oh i love pigs thats why i dont eat them
            loooooooool

Comment

thanks sadiaa for the article on pork it was very helpful, since childhood i have always felt that it was wrong to even say the word pig, or look at one even on tv. but i would like to know why there are wild pigs in Pakistan. if they were so concerned they would try to exterminate them.

Comment

It has a biological reason behind it. Pig meat ot Pork has an acid which is not good for our body. Other animals have 2% of their bodies composed of this acid where as the pig has a much high proportion of it in its meat.

Comment

Originally posted by wake_up_dead:
                  It has a biological reason behind it. Pig meat ot Pork has an acid which is not good for our body. Other animals have 2% of their bodies composed of this acid where as the pig has a much high proportion of it in its meat.
                  Faith need not explained with logic. It has significance on its own. when will these people stop trying to explain how scienntific their faith is?

Comment

innocent kafir
                    That's an Oxymoron. You can't knowingly deny the truth and still be innocent. I guess sarcasm involved in your question

As for the question, well you see the answers, so no need to duplicate.

Comment

Originally posted by saimahasnain:
                      thanks sadiaa for the article on pork it was very helpful, since childhood i have always felt that it was wrong to even say the word pig, or look at one even on tv. but i would like to know why there are wild pigs in Pakistan. if they were so concerned they would try to exterminate them.
                      AoA, we're told not to consume anything from a pig, but not to kill the pigs in the country/world!

Comment

Originally posted by kumarakn:
                        Faith need not explained with logic. It has significance on its own. when will these people stop trying to explain how scienntific their faith is?
                        I could be wrong, but this is how i look at it... whatever Allah (SWT) has forbidden us from has a logical/sane reason behind it.

ps. not looking fwd to get into any argument, but this is just my viewpoint!

Comment

Working...
                        X