Question concerning all religions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question concerning all religions.

Before I ask my question, I will say up front that I do believe that there is a higher being that created all life, and to whom one day we will have to answer to.

I am curious, what if you somehow got proof that all religions were untrue, and there really was no higher being, and that the scientist were correct about how life started, would that knowledge change how you live, act, think, or treat other people.

Brenda

------------------
    Hope for the best, prepare for the worst!!!

NO

Comment

Brenda so far There are thousands of proofs of the existance of heigher being (ALLAH)..

and i dont see, or expect either that anyone can comeup with a proof that ALLAH (GOD) dosnt exist. so far no one has claimed that throughout the ages..

------------------
      Dont think "you can" know "you can"
      .::. ﷲ ﻼﺃ ﷲﺃ ﻶ .::.

Comment

Originally posted by FlameZz:
        Brenda so far There are thousands of proofs of the existance of heigher being (ALLAH)..

and i dont see, or expect either that anyone can comeup with a proof that ALLAH (GOD) dosnt exist. so far no one has claimed that throughout the ages..

It is just a what if question, nothing to do with reality. It is sort of like what would you do if you won the lottery. Most of us never will, but what if you did, you would?

Brenda

------------------

Comment

Brenda, you took the red pill or the blue? ;-)

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
          - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Brenda,

What do scientist say about how life started? Scientist can argue about Biogenesis and Abiogenesis and thats it. But the bottom line is it all started some where some place.

I bet scientist can't even answer what came first chicken or the egg let alone figure out where God came from.

Comment

This is a hypothetical question guys, just answer it how it is and not provide reality based questions.

Except Ahmad, I see where he's going with the matrix theme.

Well supposedly scientists did find out there is no god and explained all supernatural/paranormal I would rethink my way of living to create an order in society/standards which adhere to my previous beliefs but also match to what i have been exposed to; meaning i'd do things the way i used to still with a little hope even though facts are there that god doesn't exist but you know what they say hope is a string which the world hangs by. And I wouldn't ask God as much rather I'd be more logical than spiritual and depend on the meaning presented in front of me rather than read between the lines.

------------------
              Jitna Diya Sarkar Nay Mujko, Itni Meri Auqat Nahi, Yeh Saab Tumhara Karam Hai Aqa, Mujh Mein Aisi Koi Baat Nahin.

It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.
              Rabul MashriqaiN wal MaghribaiN

Comment

Originally posted by ahmadjee:
                Brenda, you took the red pill or the blue? ;-)

I think the BLUE one

Brenda I wouldnt beleive that proof at all..

------------------
                Dont think "you can" know "you can"
                .::. ﷲ ﻼﺃ ﷲﺃ ﻶ .::.

Comment

Originally posted by reza khan:
                  NO
                  Thank you for answering my question. I like your answer.

Brenda

------------------

Comment

Originally posted by CocoNut:
                    This is a hypothetical question guys, just answer it how it is and not provide reality based questions.

Except Ahmad, I see where he's going with the matrix theme.

Well supposedly scientists did find out there is no god and explained all supernatural/paranormal I would rethink my way of living to create an order in society/standards which adhere to my previous beliefs but also match to what i have been exposed to; meaning i'd do things the way i used to still with a little hope even though facts are there that god doesn't exist but you know what they say hope is a string which the world hangs by. And I wouldn't ask God as much rather I'd be more logical than spiritual and depend on the meaning presented in front of me rather than read between the lines.

Thank you for answering my post. What you said, makes a lot of sense!!!

Brenda

------------------

Comment

On a more serious note, I will probably kill myself!

As in my opinion there is life has no meaning without God & I would rather die than live a meaningless life.
                      I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
                      - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Originally posted by FlameZz:
                        I think the BLUE one

Brenda I wouldnt beleive that proof at all..

I understand that, I don't know that I would ethier. The basic purpose of the question isn't if you would believe the proof or not, but more. Do you live your life the way you do just because of religious teachings, or is it also because you believe it is right.

For me, even if, somehow, it could be proved that there was no higher being, I wouldn't change anything that I am doing.

Brenda

------------------

Comment

With due respect, I feel the question is confusing different issues into one.

As I see, there is a difference between believing in a religion and believing in a God. The necessity and existence of God could be discussed and proven without taking assistance of any religion. Moreover, a person could have conviction for the existence of God (whatever name and whichever attributes you ascribe to Him) without necessarily believing in any of the religions.

Second confusion is with the question of origin of life. You can find many scientific versions of origin of life that theologians themselves use to answer this question; including the evolution theory (which I reckon, is in your mind when you talked about start/origin in your question).

To add more, and connecting to my first point, evolution theory might contradict some religion's beliefs, but, it doesn't in any way PROVE the non-existence of GOD, even contradict His existence!!

Our actions sure get affected by what we think and what we truly believe in. Therefore, truly believing in God or no-God would definitely have affect on our lives.

As I find, the belief in God is ingrained in my very nature and in my very rationality, and disproving it would be depriving me of my nature and rationality. If I just imagine for a while the situation you posed, life would be of NO MEANING to me but just a contradiction and ambivalence.

------------------
                          Raaz-e-Hasti Raaz Hay Jab tak koi Mahram Na Ho
                          Khul Gaya Jis Dam Tow Mahram Kay Siva Kuch Bhi Nahi (~Iqbal~)

Comment

nope that would change nothing.
                            not because I am stubborn but because I have got so much used to to live the way I do and believe The way I do...that I can't change it.

Comment

Originally posted by bcsm57:
                              ...............would that knowledge change how you live, act, think, or treat other people.

Brenda
                              Absolutely, that would 100 % change my life. Thats because now I believe in Allah and that we will be questioned about did we spent our whole life and every single action of life according to the will of Allah. So now I have to ask about every action I do the will of Allah so that I can act upon His will. I never prefer my own will in any action, thought, treatment with others. I have to submit to Him even if that is hard on me.

And suppose I dont believe in .....,(I just dont want to say that), then in each and every action I will see my own will and obviously not that of Allah.

Conclusion:When I believe Allah(SWT), I do every action according to His will even if I myself feel it hard upon me. In the other situation, I do every action according to my own will.

Perhaps some examples may explain.
                              Now I dont drink, gamble, lie, steal, involve in interest debts, involve in wrong doing, kill anybody,etc.... just because thats the will of Allah(SWT).
                              In the other situation, I will do all these things!!!!!

Now I pray 5 times a day(at least try my best), help the poor, care for my neighbors, fast in the month of Ramadhan, ask everything from The Creator Allah,etc.... just because thats the will of Allah.
                              In the other situation, I will never do any of these things!!!!!

------------------
                              Rooh kee gehraai say niklee howee baat
                              Rooh kee gehraai tak zaroor jaai gee!!

Happy Souls Make A Community Happy!

Comment

Working...
                              X