Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hadiths marking the end of days

Different kinds of evil befalling the Muslim Ummah
    Hadeeth: "Just before the Hour, there will be people who will be swallowed up by the
    earth, and some will be transformed into animals, and women will be bombarded with
    stones. This will happen when singers and musical instruments become popular, and much
    wine is drunk." (Ibn Majah)
    Hadeeth: "One of the signs of the Hour is when a man greets only the one he knows."
    (Ahmad)

Hadeeth: "When you see the slave woman giving birth to her master, and you see the
    shepherds competing in erecting tall buildings, and the bare footed and hungry becoming
    the leaders, then this is one of the signs of the Hour." (Ahmad)

Hadeeth: "'The nations will summon each other against you as those eating summon each
    other to their dish.' A man asked: 'Is it because we will be few?' He said: 'You will rather
    be many, but you will be like the foam of the stream, and Allah will take out from the
    hearts of your enemy fear of you, and He will put weakness in your hearts.' He said: 'O
    Messenger of Allah, and what is the weakness?' He said: 'Love of this world, and hatred of
    death.'" (Abu Dawood and Ahmad).

Hadeeth: "When you see the slave woman giving birth to her master, and you see the
    shepherds competing in erecting tall buildings, and the bare footed and hungry becoming
    the leaders, then this is one of the signs of the Hour." (Ahmad)
    When asked who were the shepherds and the bare-footed, he(S) said the Bedouin Arabs.
    Scholars say that this hadeeth illsutrates the entrusting of affairs of the Ummah to people
    who lack experience (shepherds).

Hadeeth: "Just before the Hour, there will be days when ignorance will appear and
    knowledge will disappear, and there will be much killing." (Bukhari and Muslim) Hadeeth:
    "Among the signs of the Hour will be the disappearance of knowledge and the spread of
    ignorance. Adultery will be prevalent, and the drinking of wine will be common. The
    number of men will decrease and the number of women will increase until there will be
    fifty women to be looked after by one man." (Al Bukhari and Muslim)
    Hadeeth: "Just before the Hour there will be much killing. It is not you killing the
    disbelievers, but you killing each other until the man would kill his neighbor, his brother,
    his uncle and his cousin." (Ahmad)

15, pg. 93/94 "Before the Hour comes, there will be a special greeting for the people of
    distinction; trade will become so widespread that a woman will help her husband in
    business; family ties will be cut; the giving of false witness will be common, while truthful
    witness will be rare, and writing will be widespread." Sahih, SS: 648.

Eloquence can be bewitching; the worst of the people are those upon whom the Hour will
    come while they are still alive, and those who turn graves into mosques." Sahih, MA:

The Smoke
    Qur'an: " Then wait you for the Day when the sky will bring forth a visible smoke.
    covering the people, this is a painful torment." Surat Al Dukhan (44) Ayat 10-11).
    Hadeeth: "Verily ALLAH warned you from three signs: The smoke from which the
    believers will suffer something like a cold, but it will overtake the disbelievers and make
    them swell until it comes out from their ears. The second sign is the Beast , and the third is
    the Dajjal." (Ibn Jarir and Al Tabarani).
    Some of the companions (R) said the smoke will remain on earth for forty days.
    The Dajjal (false Messiah or AntiChrist)
    Hadeeth: " There will be no greater tribulation on the face of the earth, since the time
    ALLAH created the children of Adam , than the Dajjal. Verily, no prophet was sent who
    did not warn his people from the Dajjal, and I am the last of the prophets, and you are the
    last of the nations, and so he will inevitably appear among you." (Ibn Majah, Ibn
    Khuzaymah, and Al Hakim)
    * The Dajjal will appear after the Muslims win a great battle against the Christians (who
    will have broken a peace treaty with the Muslims). * Dajjal will rule for forty years, and
    cause tremendous turmoil.
    * Dajjal's purpose will be to destroy the Muslim power.
    * He will have extraordinary power and will use it to claim to be GOD.
    * He will be aided by the Jews and the devils.
    * Muslims will gather under the leadership of a righteous Imam to fight the Dajjal.
    * Just before the battle, as the Muslims prepare to pray fajr 'Issa (Jesus) (S) will descend
    and kill the Dajjal.
    Hadeeth: When the Dajjal sees 'Issa, he will begin to dissolve like salt in water, and will
    run away. 'Issa will catch up with him at the Eastern gate of Ludd and will kill him, and
    the Jews will then be defeated with the help of ALLAH." (Ibn Majah)"

The Descent of 'Issa (Jesus, the Messiah)
    Remember ALLAH (swt) raised 'Issa (S) to the heavens when the Jews wanted to crucify
    him. He will return.
    * "And he (Jesus) shall be a Sign of the Hour." Surat Al Zukhrof (43) Ayah 61.
    * Hadeeth: "I am the closest of all the people to 'Issa son of Maryam, for there is no
    prophet between him and myself. He will come again, and when you see him, you will
    recognize him. He is of medium height and his complexion is reddish-white, he will be
    wearing two garments, and his hair will look wet, although no water had got to it." (Abu
    Dawood)
    * Hadeeth: "By the ONE in Whose Hand my soul is, surely the son of Maryam will come
    down among you as a just ruler. He will break the cross, kill the pig and abolish the Jizyah.
    Wealth will be in such abundance that no one will care about it, and a single prostration
    will be better than the world and all that is in it." (Al Bukhari)
    * Hadeeth: "Then peace and security will prevail on earth, so that lions will graze with
    camels, tigers with cattel and wolves with sheep. Children will be able to play with snakes
    without coming to any harm. 'Issa will remain on earth for forty years, then he will die, and
    the Muslims will pray for him." (Ahmad) *'Issa (S) will rule with the Islamic Shari'ah as
    was sent down with Mohammad (S) and will abolish all that does not conform with the
    Shari'ah.

Hadeeth: "The hour will not come until the Euphrates river uncovers a mountain of gold,
    for which people will kill each other, so that out of one hundred men, ninety nine will be
    killed, while every one of them will say maybe I am the one who will be saved." (Bukhari
    and Muslim)
    Further: "Whoever witnesses this should not take anything from it." (Bukhari and Muslim)
    The Messenger(S) prohibited Muslims from taking from this gold, because it will lead to
    turmoil and killing.

The Appearance of Ya'juj and Ma'juj (Gog and Magog)
    * Ya'juj and Ma'juj are two nations of the progeny of Adam, whom Thul-Qarnayn (a
    powerful and just king) met at a mountain pass.
    * "Until when he reached between two mountains, he found beneath them: a people who
    scarcely understood a word. They said: "O Thul-Qarnayn! Verily Ya'juj and Ma'juj are
    doing great mischief in the land. Shall we then pay you a tribute in order that you might
    erect a barrier between us and them?" He said: 'The power in which my Lord has
    established me is better than tribute. Help me therefore with strength (of men), I will erect
    between you and them a barrier. Bring me blocks of iron,' then when he had filled up the
    gap between the two mountain cliffs, he said: 'Blow,' till when he had made it red as fire,
    he said: 'Bring me molten copper to pour over it.' So they (Ya'juj and Ma'juj) were made
    powerless to scale it or dig through it. He said: 'This is a mercy from my Lord. But when
    the promise of my Lord comes, He shall level it down to the ground. And the promise of
    my Lord is ever true.' On that day We shall leave them to surge like waves on another, and
    the Trumpet will be blown and We shall collect them all together." (Surat Al Kahf (18)
    Ayat 93-99)
    * Hadeeth: "Verily, Ya'juj and Ma'juj are digging a way through the barrier every day.
    When they begin to see sunlight through it, their leader says: 'Go back, we will continue
    digging tomorrow' and so ALLAH will make the barrier stronger than it was before. This
    will continue until their time will come and ALLAH wishes to send them forth. They will
    dig until they see sunlight, then their leader will say: 'Go back we will continue digging
    tomorrow, in shaa ALLAH' thus relating the matter to the Will of ALLAH. They will
    return and will find the hole as they left it. They will continue digging till they come out
    against the people. They will drink all the water. People will entrench themselves in their
    fortresses. Ya'juj and Ma'juj will throw their arrows into the sky which will fall back to
    earth drenched in blood, and then they will say: 'We defeated the people of the earth, and
    we overcame the people of heaven.' Then Allah will send worms in the nape of their necks,
    and they will be killed by them...By HE in Whose Hand the soul of Mohammad is, the
    beasts of the earth will become fat from eating from their corpses, and will thank
    ALLAH." (Al-Tirmithi, Ibn Majah)
    * Hadeeth: "When ALLAH destroys them, people will use their arms for burning fire for
    seven whole years!" (Ibn Majah)
    * Hadeeth: (When they lie dead, their corpses will fill the earth) "Till there is no place that
    is not filled by the stench of their fat, and so 'Issa, ALLAH's prophet will pray to ALLAH,
    and ALLAH will send birds with long necks, like the camels' necks, and they will take
    them to another place where ALLAH wishes, then ALLAH will send down rain that will
    cover everything, and so the earth will be washed and left shining like a mirror." (Muslim)
    The lifting of the Qur'an to heaven and the decline of Islam.
    After the spread of Islam (with peace, security and abundant wealth) over the whole earth,
    Islam will decline.
    Hadeeth: "Islam will be faded like the embroidery of a worn out cloth, until nobody knows
    what is fasting or prayer or rituals or charity. The Book of Allah will be taken up to
    heaven on night and not a single verse from it will remain on earth. There will be some
    groups of the old and aged people who will say: we remember our parents saying 'la ilaha
    illa ALLAH' and so we are saying it." (Ibn Majah) Hadeeth: "The Hour will not come until
    nobody on earth says ALLAH! ALLAH!" (Muslim)
    Hadeeth: "The Hour will not come until nobody performs Hajj." (Al Hakim)
    The return of people to ignorance.
    Hadeeth: (When the Holy Qur'an is taken up to heaven and Islam disappears then) "Allah
    will send a cool breeze from the region of Al-Sham and it will kill every person who had a
    grain of faith and goodness in his heart, even if he were inside a mountain, this breeze will
    reach him and take his soul. Then only the worst of people will be left. They will be as
    careless as birds with the characteristics of beasts. They will not know any good nor forbid
    any evil. Shaytan will appear to them and say: 'will you obey me?' They will ask: 'What do
    you order us to do?' He will order them to worship idols and their life will become easier,
    then the Trumpet [signaling the end of the world] will be blown..." (Muslim)
    Hadeeth: "The worst of people will be left. They will fornicate in the streets like animals."
    (Muslim) The destruction of the Ka'bah.
    Hadeeth: "Thul-Suwayqatayn from Abyssinia will destroy the Ka'bah and steal its
    treasures, and strip it from its kiswah (curtains covering the Ka'bah). It is as if I could see
    him now, he is bald-headed, and has a distortion in his wrists. He will strike the Ka'bah
    with his spade and pick-ax." (Ahmad)
    The rising of the sun from the west.
    When the people see the sun rise from the West, they will believe. Then it will be too late,
    "no good will it do to a person to believe then, if he believed not before." (Surat Al-An'am
    (6) Ayah 158)
    The emergence of the Beast.
    * When evil and immorality are prevalent, the Beast will emerge.
    * "And when the Word (of torment) is fulfilled against them, We shall bring out from the
    earth a beast to them because mankind believed not with certainty in Our Signs" (Surat Al
    Naml (27) Ayah 82) Hadeeth: "The Beast of the Earth will emerge, and will have with it
    the Staff of Musa and the ring of Sulayman. It will destroy the noses of the unbelievers
    with the ring, so that people seated around one table will begin to address each other with
    the words "O Believer' or 'O Disbeliever' (Ibn Majah, Ahmad) * It is not like any animal
    we know.
    Hadeeth: "A Beast who is so hairy that they could not tell its front from its back."
    (Fatimah Bint Qays)
    The fire that will drive people to their last gathering place.
    * Hadeeth: "Fire will burst forth from the direction of Aden (Yemen) and drive people to
    the place of their last final assembly." (Ahmad)
    * Hadeeth: "People will be driven to the place of final assembly in three states, willing and
    terrified, two riding alternately on one camel, and three alternately on one camel, and four
    on one camel. The rest will be chased by the fire. The fire will be with them when they
    take a nap, and when they sleep at night and when they wake up in the morning and in the
    evening." (Al Bukhari) * Hadeeth: "Al Sham is the land of final assembly and the land of
    Resurrection." (Ahmad and Ibn Majah)

------------------
    "By Allah I long to escape the prison of my ego and lose myself in the mountains and deserts , these sad and lonely people tire me" ---Rumi
Working...
X