How was Jesus (as) Born?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How was Jesus (as) Born?

Christians believe he was the (naozobillah min zaliq) son of God, which Islam refutes.

Jews on the other hand slander Hazrat Mariyam (as), that Quran strongly rejects and testify the righteousness of Hazrat Mariyam!

So, how was Hazrat Jesus (as) born? I am looking for scientific/biological answers, if backed by Quranic verses then great.

If you believe it was a miracle then let me assure you that I believe the same. But there has to be a scientific explanation.

Request: No copy paste arguments, if you want me to read some article about it, please provide the link & I will read it, I promise!
    I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
    - Robert McCloskey

Ahmedjee,

I read a scientific explanation to the birth of jesus as. According to that somekind of tumor is formed in the female body that produces sperms, which have a chance to fertilize the egg and a baby is thus born without an intercourse with a male. A few species exhibit this normally and it has been reported in human beings very rarely.

PS. Just look at this a theory untill i find and post the references. This is somrthing i read 2-3 years ago.

Comment

sadeyes_neverlie,

I believe the same. Actually there are two Parthenogenesis & Hermaphroditism. In my opinion the later seems to be more convincing.

Would love it if you will share the links!

Are there any other theories?
      I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
      - Robert McCloskey

Comment

I don't believe in that Parthenogenesis & Hermaphroditism, not when Hazrat mariyam is involved anyway... all I have is Quran. Which for a Muslim is very credible source:

“And mention in the Book (the story of) Mary, when she withdrew from her family to a place toward the east. And she placed a screen (to seclude herself) from them. Then We sent to her Our Spirit (Gabriel), and he appeared before her as a well-proportioned man. She said: ‘Indeed I seek refuge from you in (Allah) the Most Gracious. (So leave me) if you fear Allah’. He said: ‘I am only a messenger from your Lord, to announce to you the gift of a righteous son.’ She said: ‘How shall I have a son while no man has touched me, neither have I been unchaste!’ He said: ‘So (it will be). Your Lord said: It is easy for Me, and We shall make of him a miracle for mankind and a Mercy from Us, and it is a thing ordained.’ So she conceived him, and she withdrew with him to a remote place. And the pains of childbirth drove her to the trunk of a palm tree. She said: ‘Ah! Would that I had died before this and had become a thing forgotten and out of sight! Then he (the baby) cried to her from below her, saying: ‘Grieve not! Your Lord has placed a rivulet beneath you. And shake the trunk of the palm tree toward you, it will drop on you fresh ripe dates. So eat and drink and be consoled. And if you meet any human, say: I have vowed a fast to (Allah) the Most Gracious, so I shall not speak this day to any human.’ Then she brought him (the baby) to her people, carrying him. They said: ‘O Mary! Indeed you have come with an amazing (unprecedented) thing. O sister of Aaron![1] Your father was not a man of evil nor was you mother an unchaste woman.’ Then she pointed to him. They said: ‘How can we talk to one who is a child in the cradle?’ He (the child) said: ‘I am indeed a slave of Allah. He has given me the Book and made me a prophet. And He has made me blessed wheresoever I may be, and has enjoined upon me Prayer and Charity as long as I live. And (He has made me) dutiful to my mother, and not arrogant (and) unblessed. And peace be upon me the day I was born, and the day I shall die, and the day I shall be raised to life!’ Such was Jesus, son of Mary: (this is) a statement of truth about which they dispute. It befits not (the Majesty of) Allah that he should beget a son. Glory be to Him! When he decrees a thing, He says to it only: Be! And it is. And (Jesus said): ‘Verily Allah is my Lord and your Lord. So worship Him (alone). This is the Right Path’.” [Qur’an 19:16-36]

Comment

Originally posted by ahmadjee:
          sadeyes_neverlie,

I believe the same. Actually there are two Parthenogenesis & Hermaphroditism. In my opinion the later seems to be more convincing.

Would love it if you will share the links!

Are there any other theories?
          Well I am curruntly studying Parthenogenesis and i will now look for the other.

Comment

Serial Guppy,

I believe all that is written in Quran! It was indeed a miracle! I am merely looking for the scientific explanation and the above that you quoted does not contradict if Hazrat Mariyam (as) had a hermaphrodite birth!
            - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Originally posted by ahmadjee:

So, how was Hazrat Jesus (as) born? I am looking for scientific/biological answers, if backed by Quranic verses then great.

I believe no scientific explanations are needed. If God can create the Earth and the heavens above, why should I doubt that he can make one virgin pergnant, and give birth without sex? With God all things are possible.

The idea that Mary was a hermaphrodite, or had some strange growth that made her pregnanat, to me, just sounds creepy. To me, it is just science once again, trying to cheapen the human experience, and instead of bringing us closer to God, they are bringing us closer to the level of animals.

As much as humankind would like to find some scientific explanation for everything, there just isn't always going to be one.

Site below gives various views of how Jesus was born: Catholic, Protestants, Mormons.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/jesus_pa.htm

Brenda

------------------
              Hope for the best, prepare for the worst!!!

[This message has been edited by bcsm57 (edited April 23, 2002).]

Comment

ahmadjee,

Afraid I don't have links, but a cut & paste from an e-mail discussion I had with a very knowledgable person on the topic. He's a Jewish Convert and is like minded in rejecting hadith because he can even identify what exactly has been borrowed from his previous religion..

Anyways, here's his take on the issue. It might be food for thought.

----- cut here -----

Allah can and will do whatever He wills but as is the case with every miracle there is usually a scientific explanation for it; if not, it simply means that we have not found it yet.

There are certain children born with an undistinguishable sex they are hermaphrodites and look mostly female at birth and could grow in either direction into a boy or a girl. However some of these are klinefelters.

Men have XY chromasomes, women have XX chromasomes kleinfelters have XXY.

Technically a klienfelter is male because of the presence of the Y chromasome. However a hermaphrodite kleinfelter could grow either way into a male or female.

Usually a kleinfelter hermaphrodite would grow up to be sterile, but there is such a phenomenon as parthenogenesis. In parthenogesis temperature and chemicals are used to induce an ovum to develop into a new individual without fertilisation.

If the right conditions for parthenogesis were present then could a kleinfelter's ovum develop into a baby without fertilisation?

As in homogenesis in invertebrate forms of life, such a baby would have to be female, but only if the mother was a kleinfelter could the Y chromosome be present to make the baby into a male.

This brings us to an interesting point.

Why does the Quran in chapter 3 verse 36 interject Mary's mother's exclaimation that she had given birth to a girl to state that Allah knows what she gave birth to.. and that "the male not being as the female"??

[Al-Imran 3:36] So when she brought forth, she said: My Lord! Surely I have brought it forth a female -- and Allah knew best what she brought forth -- and the male is not like the female, and I have named it Marium, and I commend her and her offspring into Thy protection from the accursed Shaitan.

could there be a clue here that the child Mary was in fact an hermaphrodite kleinfelter being technically male not the same as a normal female because of the presence of a Y chromasome?

Allah Knows Best
                JaddoN kaddya jaloos ghareeba tay shehr ich choatalee lug gayee

Comment

• Salam friends,

I disagree with all of the above opinions, neither Jesus(as) birth was due to parthenogenesis nor marry was a hermaphrodite, neither it was some supernatural phenomena. Though indeed it was a miracle but again, miracles don't happen out of nature.

As someone pointed out above, it was indeed a tumor, arrhenoblastoma - an ovarian tumor capable of producing different body appendages like teeth, hairs, or even leydig-sertoli cells which in normal human males produces spermsÂ… such tumors given circumstances may produce sperms and may fertilize the ova. These tumors though rare but are not unknown to medicine history. Some virgin pregnancies has been documented and can be found in different medical archives.

No matter how Jesus was born, the saddest point is, people particularly Muslims raise issues the same way as Christians and Jews were, but they all fail to comprehend "why he was born like that?".

I have discuss this topic earlier, click here to read more.

I think Quran is a spiritual book, we should seek spiritual essence from it rather chasing after fairytales.

[This message has been edited by Zalim (edited April 23, 2002).]
                  zameen tumhara kuch nahin bigar sakhtee, ger aasman say taluq pukhta ho....

Comment

here is an interesting book to read:

Anomalies and Curosities of medicine- Gould, George M., and Walter L. Pyle

let me find the particular subject.. i will be back..

zameen tumhara kuch nahin bigar sakhtee, ger aasman say taluq pukhta ho....

Comment

Originally posted by Zalim:
                      [list]Salam friends,

As someone pointed out above, it was indeed a tumor, arrhenoblastoma - an ovarian tumor capable of producing different body appendages like teeth, hairs, or even leydig-sertoli cells which in normal human males produces spermsÂ… such tumors given circumstances may produce sperms and may fertilize the ova. These tumors though rare but are not unknown to medicine history. Some virgin pregnancies has been documented and can be found in different medical archives.

Zalim,

Thanx for sharing your knowledge. According to what i've studied it is ovarian teratoma that typically contains a diversity of tissues including hair, teeth, bone, thyroid, etc and not arrhenoblastoma which might only cause
                      amenorrhoea, defeminization and virilization.

But i still consider it possible that this tumor based in ovary, releasing testesterone could cause fertilization of the egg.

Comment

On the whole we should realise that whatever it was scientific unscientific it was a miracle from Allah for the people(The believers). If Allah wanted anything could happen.

Comment

Working...
                        X