Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should a Moderator Endorse which Guppie represents Islam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should a Moderator Endorse which Guppie represents Islam?

That is the question?
    Should this moderator be telling the guppies who they should be listening to? Actually, she has done exactly that in the SURVEY thread that was started by her.

To Quote from SEntinel:
    You do not have to give your reasons for your 2 choices, but you are more than welcome to if you wish to do so.

The two i would be most willing to take knowledge and turn to with questions are:

1. Ibrahim
    2. FactFinder

End of quote.

I don't think a Moderator should be 'endorsing' whose opinions should be read.
    This is called "Attempting to Influence."

[This message has been edited by faceup (edited April 22, 2002).]

bad comprehension

------------------
    May Allah SWT guide us all towards right and help us follow the right

Comment

Faceup,

Moderators have the right to say whatever they may chose, as long as they let others to disagree with them. It's called freedom of speech!

If the people get influenced by the moderator endorsing someone, then its not his or her fault. Its the people who need to work on their maturity level to decide for themselves who really they should listen to or who makes sense!
      I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
      - Robert McCloskey

Comment

faceup- It is also the duty of a moderator to edit out posts which either create an argument or diversion not related to the original thread.

Comment

Originally posted by ahmadjee:
          [b]Faceup,

Moderators have the right to say whatever they may chose, as long as they let others to disagree with them. It's called freedom of speech! [b]
          I had DISAGREED with Sentinel in her thread and she had promptly DELETED my post; I am not sure if my comments - the second time are there or got deleted as well or still there.

Freedom of speech doesn't include directing readers to views of certain individuals. It is called "influencing". I am not sure what you are talking about - mate!

If the people get influenced by the moderator endorsing someone, then its not his or her fault. Its the people who need to work on their maturity level to decide for themselves who really they should listen to or who makes sense!
          Try & think before you write!

SENTINEL:
          Express your comments and while a Moderator - delete my comments (which you do, anyways)but try and INFLUENCE what others read or should be reading is a bloody no, no!!

Comment

Faceup-

It doesn't look like Sentinel is endorsing any guppies. It seems that he is trying to get an understanding of what people are getting out of his forum. As a person first and a moderator, he has every right to let us know who his choices of people he trusts are.

If he deleted your message, could it be possible that your choice of words were not the best to express your displeasure?

Freedom of speech is a good thing only to the point that it doesn't step on someone else's toes.

Comment

I only have one thing to add.

To the best of my knowledge, Sentinel is a guy, and not a girl.

ps. Sheesh!

Comment

Originally posted by Pristine:

To the best of my knowledge, Sentinel is a guy, and not a girl.

Phewwwww !! I was getting confused. He sounds pretty much like a guy, doesn't he ?

Comment

Originally posted by Muni:
                  Faceup-

It doesn't look like Sentinel is endorsing any guppies. It seems that he is trying to get an understanding of what people are getting out of his forum.
                  Here's the excerpt from her(Sentinel) Original post:
                  "You do not have to give your reasons for your 2 choices, but you are more than welcome to if you wish to do so.

The two i would be most willing to take knowledge and turn to with questions are:

1. Ibrahim
                  2. FactFinder"

End of Quote.

Muni
                  Obviously you read this as something entirely different.

[This message has been edited by faceup (edited April 22, 2002).]

Comment

Originally posted by faceup:
                    Here's the excerpt from her(Sentinel) Original post:
                    "You do not have to give your reasons for your 2 choices, but you are more than welcome to if you wish to do so.

1. Ibrahim
                    2. FactFinder"

End of Quote.
                    Proves nothing.

Sentinel has been very objective in his post.

Just because you do not agree with him, doesn't mean you've to lie about him.

Comment

Face up, if you are arguing even after reading ahmadjee's response, I have to say that you asked that question with the intention of not getting convinced.

Should moderators not be allowed to express their views just because they have higher posting privilegs ? He only referred to the other two people as knowledgable fellows. He didn't call them prophets.

Comment

c where ever there is western culture or kufric thoughts there are problems.. "freedom of speech" wht the hell
                        can any body ever explain me that wht in the blue hell is freedom of speech actuly.

------------------
                        "Only for Allah and to gain His pleasure"
                        "You are either slave to what made man or u are slave to what man made"

Comment

Originally posted by Netscape:
                          Face up, if you are arguing even after reading ahmadjee's response, I have to say that you asked that question with the intention of not getting convinced.

Should moderators not be allowed to express their views just because they have higher posting privilegs ? He only referred to the other two people as knowledgable fellows. He didn't call them prophets.
                          Is there a test for mods before they become mods.. yeah may be "stupidness test" who ever passes becomes a mod.. right!
                          i expected mods to have a wider view point and more sense of posting.

------------------
                          "Only for Allah and to gain His pleasure"
                          "You are either slave to what made man or u are slave to what man made"

Comment

Member FaceUp,

Firstly,

Originally posted by Muni:
                            If he deleted your message, could it be possible that your choice of words were not the best to express your displeasure?
                            This is precisely why your post was removed. My action was a response to your manner (or lack of) while addressing other certain members.

You seem to have a grudge against certain people on this forum. If your grudge is against me alone, then i could not care less. However, when you show a lack of manners and respect to your fellow members then i show the same toughness of the heart to you. The same rules apply to everyone. You have been warned about your choice of words in the past on numerous occasions, yet you fail to discipline your toungue - your icon says it all. If this is the path you are so stuborn to follow, then let it not surprise you if my rigid and stern attitude makes a mark or two in your plotting and planning.

These words may hurt you and upset you, but then i'm not hear to please a people or play servant to emtional instability. Yes, i am a slave, but only to He, in Whose Hand is my soul.

The rest has been said by the brothers and sisters wa JazaahumAllaahu khairun.

Sentinel.

Comment

Working...
                            X