Who's Hud Hud?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's Hud Hud?

It just hit me, that there was some creature named that dunno where when how, all I know it has Islamic significance.

Someone shed light on this.

------------------
    Jitna Diya Sarkar Nay Mujko, Itni Meri Auqat Nahi, Yeh Saab Tumhara Karam Hai Aqa, Mujh Mein Aisi Koi Baat Nahin.

It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.
    Rabul MashriqaiN wal MaghribaiN

If I'm right then "Hud Hud" is a bird, which is called wood-pecker in Angresie....!

Now what Islamic significance you attach with this woody wood pecker... and how...?

------------------
    You see, one thing is, I can live with doubt and uncertainty and
    not knowing. I think it's much more interesting to live not knowing
    than to have answers which might be wrong.
    I don't feel frightened not knowing things, by being lost in a
    mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me.

Comment

I'm not 100% sure, but i think it's the name of the bird that told Prophet Sulaiman about Saba.

He set out to find the hoopoe bird, which could detect water under the ground. He sent signals all over for the hoopoe to call on him, but it was nowhere to be found. In anger, he declared that unless the bird had good reason for its absence, he would punish it severely.

The hoopoe eventually came to Solomon and explained the reason for its delay: "I have discovered something of which you are not aware. I have come from Sheba (Saba) with important news. Solomon became curious, and his anger subsided. The bird continued: "Saba is ruled by a queen named Bilkis (Bilqis), who has plenty of everything, including a splendid throne. But in spite of all this wealth, Satan has entered her heart and the hearts of her people. She rules their minds completely. I was shocked to learn that they worship the sun instead of Allah the Almighty."

To check the hoopoe's information, Solomon sent a letter to the queen with the bird. He instructed the bird to remain hidden and to watch everything.

I'm kinda confused about hoot and hud, i know one is the whale that swallowed Prophet Yunus, and the other is the bird, maybe someone else can help us

Hmmmm...and then there is also the Prophet Hud.

------------------
      'bismika illa huma a'muto wa'ah yaa'

Comment

Assalam-o-alikum..

AapkiAmanat

JazakAllah same incident I have also heard, and read

hud hud = wood pecker in urdu...

coco are u aware of any other incident or any clue?

------------------
        Dont think "you can" know "you can"
        .::. ﷲ ﻼﺃ ﷲﺃ ﻶ .::.

Comment

Surah An-Naml

Ayah 20:

Yusuf Ali: And he took a muster of the Birds; and he said: "Why is it I see not the Hoopoe? Or is he among the absentees?
          Pickthall: And he sought among the birds and said: How is it that I see not the hoopoe, or is he among the absent?
          Transliteration: Wa tafaq qadat taira faqa_la ma_ liya la_ aral hud hud am ka_na minal ga_ibin

Ayah 21:

Yusuf Ali" "I will certainly punish him with a severe Penalty or execute him unless he bring me a clear reason (for absence)."
          Pickthall" I verily will punish him with hard punishment or I verily will slay him, or he verily shall bring me a plain excuse.
          Transliteration: La uaz ziban nahu_ aza_ban sadi dan au la azbahan nahu_ au layatiyan ni bisulta_nim mubin

Ayah 22:

Yusuf Ali: But the Hoopoe tarried not far: he compassed (territory) which thou hast not compassed and I have come to thee from Saba with tidings true.
          Pickthall: But he was not long in coming, and he said: I have found out (a thing) that thou apprehendest not, and I come unto thee from Sheba with sure tidings.
          Transliteration: Famakatsa gaira baidin faqa_la ahatu bima_ lam tuhit bihi wa jituka min saba in binabaiy yaqin

Hoopoe: bird with variegated plumage and fanlike crest. (Oxford Dictionary)

Comment

Originally posted by appkiamaanat:
            I'm not 100% sure, but i think it's the name of the bird that told Prophet Sulaiman about Saba.

He set out to find the hoopoe bird, which could detect water under the ground. He sent signals all over for the hoopoe to call on him, but it was nowhere to be found. In anger, he declared that unless the bird had good reason for its absence, he would punish it severely.

The hoopoe eventually came to Solomon and explained the reason for its delay: "I have discovered something of which you are not aware. I have come from Sheba (Saba) with important news. Solomon became curious, and his anger subsided. The bird continued: "Saba is ruled by a queen named Bilkis (Bilqis), who has plenty of everything, including a splendid throne. But in spite of all this wealth, Satan has entered her heart and the hearts of her people. She rules their minds completely. I was shocked to learn that they worship the sun instead of Allah the Almighty."

To check the hoopoe's information, Solomon sent a letter to the queen with the bird. He instructed the bird to remain hidden and to watch everything.

I'm kinda confused about hoot and hud, i know one is the whale that swallowed Prophet Yunus, and the other is the bird, maybe someone else can help us

Hmmmm...and then there is also the Prophet Hud.

This whole incident is described in Quran Surah 27, Ayah 20 - 44. It would be better if we read it directly from there.

Comment

Originally posted by sadeyes_neverlie:

This whole incident is described in Quran Surah 27, Ayah 20 - 44. It would be better if we read it directly from there.
              Jazak'Allah Khairun brother

------------------
              'bismika illa huma a'muto wa'ah yaa'

Comment

Working...
              X