Shaheed has the right.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shaheed has the right.

All around the world, actions by Shaheeds, Kamikaze, (martyrs in the name of Allah) are causing great interest in the essence of Islam and the ideology of Divine Revelation which insists that it is the last true religion for mankind up until the Judgment Day. Discussions about Shaheeds' actions are going not only among Western researchers and journalists (and article in Washington Post can be used as an example where Islam was equaled to the cult of death), but also among Islamic scholars. For instance, during the press conference of researchers of Islam that is now taking place in Islamic University Al-Azhar, the Head of the University Sheikh Mohammed Said Tantawi and one of the professors, the most famous scholar in the Islamic world Dr.Yusef Kardawi opened up a discussion about three key topics of the press conference: actions by Palestinian shaheeds, boycotting of Israeli and American goods, and also declaration of Jihad by the entire Islamic world, - as Arab mass media reported.

The dispute started right after Dr.Kardawi declared that buying weapons produced in Israel and America is a disgrace that cannot be justified by Law, because these deals stimulate the Zionist entity to commit more atrocities against Palestinians. As he put it, the actions that Palestinians are undertaking against military and civilian population of Israel are Jihad in the name of Allah, since the whole Israeli society approves slaughter of Palestinian women and children and does not carry out the legal norms that are accepted in other countries towards civilian population. Besides that, so-called civilian population (of Israel) are actually military colonists who are occupying Palestinian lands.

Kardawi called to the participants of the conference to declare Jihad by the entire Islamic World and to declare fight side by side with Palestinian brothers, having in mind that the situation that has arised Jihad does not oblige every Muslim to take up weapons and sacrifice his life, but it does oblige to help Palestinians with finances and call upon them to win the victory over the enemy.

The opinions of two scholars differed on the issue of boycotting Israeli and American goods. For instance, Sheikh Tantawi agreed to the necessity to boycott products that would help the enemy to kill Palestinians, and he refused to support Dr.Kardawi's proposal about the total boycott of all American goods. The Head of the University argued the issue by the fact that in this case a serious economic loss will be inflicted not only on the country's economy, but also on entrepreneurs. I am not an expert in this area, but am I able to know everything?, the Arab News reported.

On the issue of declaring Jihad, Sheikh Tantawi left the final decision to leaders of states and political leadership of the country, because in his opinion they will be able to determine better what goals are being set and how they can be reached. Besides, as the Head of Al-Azhar put it, the volunteers who decided to declare Jihad, do not possess modern weapons such as the ones that the invaders' troops possess, which also complicates the problem. Dr.Kardawi totally disagrees with it, and he refers to the Koran and to the practice of Prophet Mohammed (Peace Be Upon Him, PBUH).

It is expected that final recommendations will be adopted on Thursday.

Dr. Yusuf Al-Qarathewai is a great man.

------------------
    "By Allah I long to escape the prison of my ego and lose myself in the mountains and deserts , these sad and lonely people tire me" ---Rumi

Comment

Originally posted by Bluebell:
      Dr. Yusuf Al-Qarathewai is a great man.

What do you think of Tantawi?

Comment

Egyptian Governments appointed Mufti. Am i right??

Comment

Tantawi? Man he has some issues that I don't agree on too much.

------------------
          "By Allah I long to escape the prison of my ego and lose myself in the mountains and deserts , these sad and lonely people tire me" ---Rumi

Comment

Working...
          X