How was Eve created?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How was Eve created?

While reading the quranic ayahs about the bigining of human life, i got the ayahs explaining how Adam was created by Allah, but there is no ayah mentioning kow eve was created. Was she created in a manner just like adam or some other way? Are there any ayahs or ahadith describing it?

There was this interesting documentary last night on Discovery, titled 'The Real Eve', where they claimed that the first human being was not a man but a woman!

I will post some Quranic verses that give a little more on this subject, especially the above mentioned claim.

Frankly, that's one of those subjects I have a great interest in but don't quiet understand where Islam stands. As different scholars have interpreted the verses differently.

I can say this for sure that I don't believe Eve was created from the Rib of Adam in the literal sense.
    I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
    - Robert McCloskey

Comment

are u saying that not adam but eve was the first human being?????

Comment

That will really depend on what you consider 'human being'. The specie or the person who had the concious to understand the creator?

See its a complex subject where opinions run higher than the facts.
        I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
        - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Originally posted by ahmadjee:
          I will post some Quranic verses that give a little more on this subject, especially the above mentioned claim.
          I'm waiting for these verses.

Comment

Originally posted by sadeyes_neverlie:
            I'm waiting for these verses.
            Bhai, I am at work, let me get home and I will try to research some!
            - Robert McCloskey

Comment

The first ayah if surah al-nisa says:

"Oh mankind! Fear your Lord, the one who created you all from a single soul (Adam (AS)) and from it created its mate (Eve)..."

Which might be why men have XY chromosomes and women have XX, so they can combine to either give a boy or a girl. Sorry, just a Genetics sidepoint.

As for your question about 'how' Eve was created, then we do not know, nor go into how Allah creates. If you meant in terms of being created from clay and water etc, then yes men and women are created the same in that manner.

Wallahu A'lam

------------------
              Wahb ibn Munabbih said, "... Then honour yourself by rejecting the characteristics of the fools, and instead subject yourselves to the characteristics of the scholars. And custom yourself to the actions of the gentle, patient ones and forbid yourself from the actions of the
              wretched, and make it compulsory upon yourself that you follow the behaviour of the scholars, and separate yourself from the ways of the wicked people..."

[This message has been edited by Aazib (edited April 22, 2002).]

Comment

Originally posted by Aazib:

"Oh mankind! Fear your Lord, the One who Created you all from a single soul (Adam (AS)) and from it Created its mate (Eve)..."

Wallahu A'lam

This might be the very verse!!!

In this verse, is the gender used when refering to 'one soul' muzakar or moanas? I have to go look at it and read it but someone else can share their views on it too.

- Robert McCloskey

Comment

Aazi sahib, who allowed you to put bracketed information in Allah's words??

How can you claim soul = Adam and not Eve??

btw soul is female in nature and the grammar used is also for a female so if you HAVE to guess.. it should be the other way around.
                  JaddoN kaddya jaloos ghareeba tay shehr ich choatalee lug gayee

Comment

Originally posted by Aazib:

"Oh mankind! Fear your Lord, the one who created you all from a single soul (Adam (AS)) and from it created its mate (Eve)..."

Aazib brother, the first ayat of alnisa is translated differently by different scholars. For example, yousaf ali has translated it as,

"O mankind! reverence your Guardian-Lord Who created you from a single person created of like nature his mate and from them twain scattered (like seeds) countless men and women; reverence Allah through Whom ye demand your mutual (rights) and (reverence) the wombs (that bore you): for Allah ever watches over you. "

while pickthal has translated it as

"O mankind! Be careful of your duty to your Lord Who created you from a single soul and from it created its mate and from them twain hath spread abroad a multitude of men and women. Be careful of your duty toward Allah in Whom ye claim ( your rights ) of one another, and toward the wombs (that bore you ). Lo! Allah hath been a Watcher over you."

So it is not clear if eve was extracted from Adam or there was some other way.

As for your question about 'how' Eve was created, then we do not know, nor go into how Allah creates. If you meant in terms of being created from clay and water etc, then yes men and women are created the same in that manner.

Wallahu A'lam

Well, according to our belief all men and women are are created from clay and water but still they come out of their mother's womb. Adam as we know was created directly from water and clay. Obviously Eve couldnt have been created from him in the same fashion ie through reproduction and development in the womb. So there must be some other way in which eve was created. I want to know about that.

Comment

Originally posted by PakistaniAbroad:

btw soul is female in nature and the grammar used is also for a female so if you HAVE to guess.. it should be the other way around.[/B]
                      PA your soul is female too, that doesnt make u a female. A soul is always female but it could be in any body, male or female. So it could be Adam's body who got that soul or otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                      X