Does the Quran mention dinosaurs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does the Quran mention dinosaurs

Question for people like PA, Ibrahim and other knowledgable people!

I was just reading an article which suggested that primates were round 20 million years older than was concluded earlier which implies that they coexisted with dinosaurs. That brought to my mind the dinosaurs.

Is there any mention of prehistoric creatures?

If we were to assume that dinos did exist and no man existed in that time, what was the purpose of these creatures especially since the Khalifa of Allah or man did not exist then?

So can we assume then that when Hazrat Adam descended, dinos were all dead and burried?

Any answers will be appreciated (except for smart ass comments from Bharatis and detractors)!

>>(except for smart ass comments from Bharatis and detractors)!<<

Comment

sambrialian -- I dont think of any good that these answers will bring to your understanding of Islam. Please guys, stop coming up with such questions and ideas.

If you are trying to interrogate Islam on the basis of such questions, then I am afraid you are travelling on the wrong path!

Comment

Quran mentions about prophets for different time periods. For each nation there have been prophets sent by Allah.

Comment

I'd like to know more on this subject too if anyone is willing to share.

Comment

The monkeys have been used extensively in research on human blood chemistry, and the Rh factor in blood derives its name from them. Psychological studies carried out on the animals have aided in the understanding of infant-mother relationships in humans, and rhesus monkeys were launched in high-altitude tests of rockets following World War II (1939-1945).

this also contradicts religious view of man
            rh factor were only recently discovered
            in human blood.

we should not look to religen for sceintific
            facts or other problems facing human existance. one is spirtual and other is material.

Comment

Ibrahim says : salaams to all

I am still abroad as such will make this short and simple by inserting what I wrote many years ago on this subject.

was salaam
              Ibrahim

Dinosaurs.

Even these are indicated in the scriptures, although not worded as such, but thinkers can clearly deduce and together with the evidence we have obtained by archaeological research we can convey the following report.

It is mentioned in the Qur'an

Chapter 2: verse 30,

Behold, thy Lord said to the angels; "I will create a vicegerent on earth." They said: "Wilt thou place therein one who will make mischief and shed blood? whilst we do celebrate Thy praises and glorify Thy holy (name)?"

HE said: " I know what ye know not "

Clearly these verse, indicates that the angels, had suggested or doubted that the new creation (man) might end up creating mischief and shed blood on earth, they could only make this implication, based on some other creation that had been earlier created by God, that had or is dwelling on earth.( which had caused blood shed on earth)

We know from, whatever evidence we have found that the dinosaurs were huge and they would have caused a lot of damage and bloodshed on earth. ( you only need to view the movie Jurassic park to get an idea of this) Imagine if man had to co-exist with this creature's, we will never be able to build anything on the face of this earth, maybe we will have to live underground.

Once man was created, and if he were to be the vicegerent on earth, you will agree that the dinosaurs had to be removed for we cannot co-exist with these creatures roaming around. Current knowledge also reveals that, a layer of material caused the extinction of the dinosaurs, that originated from an unknown source (the elements of which , cannot be from earth), that had covered the earth. Thus, in our opinion, and indicated by the above verse that, the CREATOR had created us for a purpose and had no intention of pitting us against the dinosaurs, which would have been an earlier creation, before mankind.

Just for your additional info, the elements of iron, also originated from another source and the Qur'an reveals, that its was given to mankind.

Comment

it is unfair to expect all the scintific
                facts to be explained in religious books.
                as new things are dicovered like cloning
                or crating humans in laboratory. introduction
                of human genes in animals to harvest
                kidney hearts and other vital organs
                may contradict religen. that does not mean
                religen is wrong. religen is for spirtual
                need . but to survive as humans we need
                material world keep adapting to new things.

[This message has been edited by rvikz (edited April 17, 2002).]

Comment

We should also remeber that many scientific dicoveries which first are claimed to be good for humans are later found by the scientists as being bad for them. so man only does research with his mind and thinking which is enclosed by Allah for limitation.

Comment

Ibrahim- I'm a little confused here:

"I will create a vicegerent on earth." They said: "Wilt thou place therein one who will make mischief and shed blood? whilst we do celebrate Thy praises and glorify Thy holy (name)?"

I always thought this ayah referred to the creation of the new violent specie(human, human has created mischeif and shed blood) as opposed to the 'peaceful and ever-obedient' angels?

Comment

Originally posted by Ibrahim:
                      Chapter 2: verse 30,

Behold, thy Lord said to the angels; "I will create a vicegerent on earth." They said: "Wilt thou place therein one who will make mischief and shed blood? whilst we do celebrate Thy praises and glorify Thy holy (name)?"
                      Ibrahim, wasn't the Earth inhabited by the Jinns before and then many of them were eliminated and finally, Humans were given superiority in the Earth ?

Comment

Originally posted by Ace:
                        Ibrahim- I'm a little confused here:

"I will create a vicegerent on earth." They said: "Wilt thou place therein one who will make mischief and shed blood? whilst we do celebrate Thy praises and glorify Thy holy (name)?"

I always thought this ayah referred to the creation of the new violent specie(human, human has created mischeif and shed blood) as opposed to the 'peaceful and ever-obedient' angels?
                        Ibrahim says: salaams to all

Dear Ace, scriptures are best understood by contemplation and sincere seeking through the Grace of Allah (swt) . I suggest you read the verse again and contemplate with patience and prayer and when Allah (swt) had so willed you will see what I see, Insha Allah . In addition your understanding is just one aspect of that verse.

Allah (swt) knows best.

Was salaam
                        Ibrahim

Just to help you I have given additional translation and highlighted key points on the exchange between the limited beings (angels) and Allah (swt)

Verse 2:30

Yusuf Ali Behold thy Lord said to the angels: "I will create a vicegerent on earth." They said "Wilt thou place therein one who will make mischief therein and shed blood? Whilst we do celebrate Thy praises and glorify Thy holy (name)?" He said: "I know what ye know not."

Pickthall And when thy Lord said unto the angels: Lo! I am about to place a viceroy in the earth, they said: wilt Thou place therein one who will do harm therein and will shed blood, while we, we hymn Thy praise and sanctify Thee? He said: Surely I know that which ye know not.

Comment

Originally posted by sambrialian:
                          Any answers will be appreciated (except for smart ass comments from Bharatis and detractors)!

Comment

Originally posted by Khoon-e-Shaheed:
                            Ibrahim, wasn't the Earth inhabited by the Jinns before and then many of them were eliminated and finally, Humans were given superiority in the Earth ?
                            Ibrahim says: Salaams to all

Dear Brother, I do not deal in conjectures, only Allah (swt) knows best as to what else lived on earth before man and jinns were morooned on it, till the day of judgement.

have to go, sorry will try and catch up on this when i have more time

Comment

Khoon-e-Shaheed is right on the money.. The angels said it about Jinns.. and you wouldn't know Mr. Ibrahim cuz it's not in your Bible.
                              JaddoN kaddya jaloos ghareeba tay shehr ich choatalee lug gayee

Comment

Working...
                              X