Believing in all Religions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Believing in all Religions

i personally benefit from the teachings from all religens.
    There are many who would claim the above that they believe in all religions & do not follow one in particular. They seem to believe in religion as only a philosophy of goodness, though reject the idea of divinity.

Anyway, I want to ask them the following questions:
    • 1. Do you believe in all religions and their ideologies past & present? i.e: Believe in the ideology of Christianity what it was at the time of St. Paul & then Augustine and what it is today?

2. What about the differences between the beliefs of different religions? For instance, the belief in Oneness of God!
    I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
    - Robert McCloskey

I believe that if there is a god out their of mercy and love, then he would not simply make himself felt through just one religion. I think all religions believe in essentially the same god, and all religions had leaders that were inspired by god.

Comment

I think that is an interesting question, but I really don't have an answer to that, instead I am going to answer the question with a question.

What would you say to me, I believe that there is a God, an after life of some kind, and I believe that basically that if you live a good and honorable life, that God will be pleased with you.

I think if your follow the simple words of
      "do unto others as you would have others do unto you" you will have nothing to worry about.

I find it hard to follow any organized religion, because all of them seem to be for the benifit of males(yes I know religious writings are meant to be inspired by a higher being, but the reality is they were actualy writen by a human, or to be more specific a male, and when the writings benifit the authour so much, I can not help but wonder.)

Could it be that women have allowed themselves to be bullied and ruled by men, simply because they are bigger?

I'm sorry but I refuse to believe that God created one gender to be ruled and controled by the other.

Brenda

------------------
      Hope for the best, prepare for the worst!!!

[This message has been edited by bcsm57 (edited April 19, 2002).]

Comment

Originally posted by Adnan Ahmed:
        I think all religions believe in essentially the same god, and all religions had leaders that were inspired by god.
        So what about montheism and polytheism. Surely one and only god is not he same as two or more..

Comment

I believe in all religions. You never know which one is the right one, and which one will take you in Paradise. Why take chances?

Comment

Accordind to Islam, there can be no Gods shared with Allah, but on the other hand if a person is not Muslim, then he can believe in whatever he wants to, only the God will judge him/her.

Comment

“This day, I have perfected your religion for you, completed My Favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islâm as your religion” [al-Maa’idah 5:3]

“And whoever seeks a religion other than Islâm, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers” [Aal ‘Imraan 3:85].

But if ANYONE wants to practice any other religion, s/he is free to do so, these verses:

2:256 Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things.

Indeed, truth stands out clear!

Comment

Originally posted by Adnan Ahmed:
                I believe that if there is a god out their of mercy and love, then he would not simply make himself felt through just one religion. I think all religions believe in essentially the same god, and all religions had leaders that were inspired by god.
                Welcome to Hinduism! The TRUTH is one. Paths are many.

Comment

Reza Khan:

Monotheism and Polytheism meet at Pantheism![*] It is where the "one and only" god takes the manifestation of multiple "Gods". [*] It is where humanity shows it maturity, tolerance and acceptance for contrasting thoughts.[*] It is where Human race will eventually reach after many more millenia of evolution!

Comment

Whats the diff between poltheism and pan theism???????

Comment

Originally posted by reza khan:
                      So what about montheism and polytheism. Surely one and only god is not he same as two or more..

True, its obviouse some religions have confused holy men and saints for gods. Over time they have turned these people into mythical figures. For example, Hindu "Gods" may have simply been people who were enlightned, but over time, they were turned into something more. In reality these were just people like you and I. As far as I know, even in Polytheistic religions, there is always a source for everything. In Hinduism it is Bagwan. In some traditions, it was the mother earth from which all life sprang, in the egyptian religion, there was also a supreme god (Ra i believe)from whom all life began. So its possble that god does send people to guide societies, although they are not in anyway divine.

Comment

Working...
                      X