Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why follow Muhammad (pbuh), the Prophet of Islam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why follow Muhammad (pbuh), the Prophet of Islam?

Fwd'ing

Gandhi was 20th century's one of the most prominent leaders and he was an inspiration for the people like Nelson Mandela and Martin Luther King Jr. He wrote:

"I become more than ever convinced that it was not the sword that won a place of Islam in those days. It was the rigid simplicity, the utter self-effacement of the Prophet, the scrupulous regard for pledges, his intense devotion to his friends and followers and intrepidity, is fearlessness, his absolute trust in God and in his own mission. These and not the sword carried everything before them and surmounted every obstacle." (Gandhi, Young India: 1922)

George Bernard Shaw, a famous English playwright, said:

"I believe that if a man like him (Muhammad) were to assume the dictatorship of the modern world, he would succeed in solving the problems in a way that would bring the much needed peace and happiness. Europe is beginning to be enamored of the creed of Muhammad. In the next century it may go further in recognizing the utility of that creed in solving its problems." (Shaw, A Collection of Writing of Some of the Eminent Scholars: 1935)

Lamartine in lengthy tribute to the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) wrote:

"If greatness of purpose, smallness of means and astounding results are the three criteria of human genius, who could claim to compare any great man in modern history with Muhammad?" (Lamartine, Histoire de la Turquie: 1855)

If even Non-muslims could attest to the greatness of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), why should we hesitate to follow him?

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was not a philosopher. He was a deeply moral man--- profoundly dedicated to his values, and at the same time very practical. He was not like a priest who has to cut off from the social aspects of an ordinary person's life. He was not like a tyrant who does not pay attention to his people's need. Muhammad (pbuh) was the man of action. His example is certainly the best one to follow.

Assalamu Alaikum' Wa Rehmatullahi' Wa Barakakutu'.

------------------
    "I put my trust in Allah, my Lord and your Lord! There is not a moving creature, but He has a grasp of its forelock. Verily, my Lord is on the straight path. (The truth)"
    (11:55-56)

"...Indeed my prayer, my sacrifice, my living and my dying are for Allaah, the Lord of the worlds" (6:162)
Working...
X