• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Sound Heart

The Path To Guidance:

Ibn al-Qayyim

4/11/02

Chapter One :The Sound Heart

Ibn al Qayyim, rahimu'Allah, said " And the sound heart is the one which is secure from shirk, hatred, jealousy, envy, couvetousness, pride, love of the world and leadership. So it is safe from every harmful thing which distances it from Allah and it is safe from every doubt that contradicts His information (i.e. Relevation). It is safe from every desire that opposes His commands and from every wish that competes (repels) what he intends from his servants (from his servants), and it is also safe from everything that cuts it off from Allah. So this sound and safe heart is in a paradise in this world and in a paradise in the barzakh and in a paradise on the Day on Ressurection. The heart's safety and soundness cannot be perfected, absoulutely, until it is secure from 5 things:

1. From shirk which nullifies tawheed.

2. From innovation which opposes the Sunnah.

3. From a desire/lust that opposes the command (of Allah).

4. From a heedlessness that contradicts remembrance ( of Him).

5. From a desire that nullifies purity & sincerity ( in intent & purpose).

These are five barriers to Allah and beneath each of them are many other categories that contain unique issues which cannot be enumarated....

------------------
    "I put my trust in Allah, my Lord and your Lord! There is not a moving creature, but He has a grasp of its forelock. Verily, my Lord is on the straight path. (The truth)"
    (11:55-56)

"...Indeed my prayer, my sacrifice, my living and my dying are for Allaah, the Lord of the worlds" (6:162)
Working...
X