• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is Israel?

Ibrahim says: salaams to all

Food for thought

Did any of us wonder who is Israel?

Some verses from the Old Testament:-

1) Gen 6:2 the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful...

2) Ex 4:22....Then say to Pharaoh , This is what the LORD says.. Israel is my first born son.

3) 2 Sam 7:13-14.. He ( Solomon) is the one, who will build a house for my name and I will be his father and he will be my son

4) 1 Chron 22:10... He is the one who will build a house for my name , he will be my son and I will be his father

5) Jer 31:9.. .... Because I am Israel's father and Ephraim is my first born son.

( compare this to Ex 4:22 above and you can be rather confused....who is the first born Israel or Eprahim ? )

Ibrahim says : so who is Israel ?

The Ruling on Titling the Jewish State with the name Israel

Author:
    Shaikh Rabee? bin Haadee al-Madkhalee

Source:
    al-Asaalah Magazine Issue 32

[Included in the book Al-Masjid al-Aqsa: The Path to its Freedom]

Translator:
    Yahya Ibrahim

Produced by:
    al-manhaj.com

There exists a strange trend that has become prevalent among (contemporary) Muslims. This (bewildering trend) is that they label the Jewish State ? which has the Wrath of Allaah upon it ? by the name Israel. And I have yet to see anyone rebuffing this serious phenomenon. [1] (This action) infringes upon the nobility and prestige of Ya?qoob, may prayers and salutations be upon him ? one of the honored Messengers (of Allaah). He is the one whom Allaah praised in His Mighty Book along with his two noble forefathers Ibraheem and Ishaaq. Allaah said:

?And remember Our slaves, Ibraaheem, Ishaaq, and Ya'qoob, (all) owners of strength (in worshipping Us) and (also) of religious understanding. Verily, We did choose them by granting them (a good thing, i.e.) the remembrance of the home (in the Hereafter). And they are with Us, verily, of the chosen and the best!? [Surah Saad: 45-47]

Therefore this is the position of Ya?qoob, the honored Messenger of Allaah in Islaam. How then can he be connected to the Jews and they to him? Many Muslims mention in degradation the name (Israel) while seeking to show their disdain for this (Jewish) State by saying for example: ?Israel did this!? or ?Israel has done this or that!? or ?is going to do this!?

In my opinion using (this noble name ? Israel ? in that context) is a despicable matter. It is not permissible for this term to exist amongst the (vernacular of the) Muslims, let alone for it to be the apparent norm, which is circulated amongst them without any disdain whatsoever!

Having said that, I here put forth (to you) a question and then furnish you with its answer.

Question: Is it permissible to title the vile, disbelieving Jewish State by the name Israel or the Israeli State?

Further, can we direct statements of dispraising vilification and criticism towards it while articulating the name Israel?

Answer: The answer simply is that it is not permissible.

Surely the Jews have executed an immense deception (of public opinion) by making their issue of seeking the establishment of a state in the very heart of the Muslim lands as being a religious and legal claim of inheritance of the bequeath of the (Prophets) Ibraaheem and Israa?eel (to them).

There deceptive stratagem (went a step further) by titling their Zionist State ? The State of Israel!

I am not saying that their plot has just succeeded in convincing the layman Muslim masses. Rather it has duped even the educated ones from among them! So they (the Muslims) have begun to uniformly use the title ?Israeli State? (when referring to the Jewish state). Further, they have begun using the term Israel in the media, newspapers, magazines and periodicals on a daily basis in all forms of discussion ? information purposes of just information or in the context of dispraise and vilification. All of this has taken place in the midst of the Muslims. Tragically, we do not hear a word of refutation (concerning this action)!

Allaah has cursed the Jews in the Qur?aan on numerous occasions, informing us of His Anger towards them. But (whenever He mentions them) it is (always) with the term Al-Yahood (The Jews) or with the phrase ?Those who disbelieved from Bani Israel ? Children of Israel.? He never referred to them as Israel. Israel is the (another) name of the noble Messenger Ya?qoob the son of the honored Ishaaq, the Noble Prophet of Allaah. Ishaaq is the son of the honored Ibraaheem, the Khaleel (close friend of) Allaah.

(The Jews of today) have no religious attachment to the Prophet of Allaah, Israel (Ya?qoob) or Ibraaheem, the Khaleel of Allaah. They also do not possess any type of religious birthright particular to them. Rather the true birthright is solely for those of faith. Allaah says in Surah Aali ?Imraan:

?Verily those among mankind who have the best claim to Ibraaheem are those who followed him, and this Prophet (Muhammad) and those who have believed (Muslims). And Allaah is the Walee (Protector) of the Believers.? [Surah Aali ?Imraan: 68]

And He said while absolving His Khaleel, Ibraaheem from the Jews, Christians and polytheists:

?Ibraaheem was neither a Jew nor a Christian, rather he was a true Muslim, worshipping none but Allaah alone. And he was not from the polytheists? [Surah Aali ?Imraan: 67]

No Muslim rejects the assertion that the Jews are from the descendants of Ibraaheem and Israel. At the same time Muslims are absolutely certain that the Jews are the enemies of Allaah, His Messengers (their forefathers) among whom is Muhammad, Ibraaheem and Israel. The Muslims also (understand) clearly that there is no inheritance from the Prophets to their adversaries from among the disbelievers; whether the adversaries are Jews, Christians or the pagans from the Arabs or non-Arabs.

In addition to this, (we affirm) that those who are closest to Ibraaheem and the rest of the Prophets are the Muslims ? who believe in them, love and honor them, and believe in that which was revealed to them in the Divine Books and Scriptures and consider that to be from among the fundamentals of the their Religion. That is the inheritance that they have received (Tawheed). As such they are those who have the most right and claim to them (the Prophets as their forefathers).

The earth is solely for Allaah and (He grants it) to His servants who believe in Him and His honored and chosen Messengers. Allaah says:

?And indeed We have written in the Zaboor (Psalms) [i.e. all the revealed Holy Books:: the Torah, Injeel and Qur'aan] after (We had already written in) Al-Lawh al-Mahfoodh (Preserved Tablet), that My righteous slaves shall inherit the land. Verily, in this (Qur'aan) there is a plain Message for people who truly worship Allaah. And We have sent you (O Muhammad) not but as a mercy for all that exists.? [Surah Al-Anbiyaa: 105-107]

Thus, the enemies of the Prophets ? especially the Jews ? shall not be given inheritance of the earth during their worldly life and they shall face a grievous everlasting punishment in the Eternal Fire in the next life.

Baffling indeed is the condition of many Muslims who have succumbed to the false claim of the Jews regarding their so-called birthright claim to the land of Palestine and their search for Sulaimaan?s (Solomon?s) Temple of whom they disbelieve in (along with the other Messengers) and defame with their lies and fabrications. Surely they are the greatest enemies of Sulaimaan and the other Prophets that were sent to the Children of Israel.

Allaah (swt) says: ?And indeed, We gave Moses the Book and followed him up with a succession of Messengers. And We gave Jesus, the son of Maryam, clear signs and supported him with Rooh-ul-Qudus (the angel Jibreel). Is it that whenever there came to you a Messenger with what you yourselves desired not, you grew arrogant? Some, you disbelieved and some, you killed.? [Surah Al-Baqarah: 87]

Therefore, how then can it be befitting for the Muslims to accept this false claim ? acceptance through silent concurrence if not through verbal agreement? How can they address them (the Jews) with the title of Israel and the phrase Israeli State?

Surely ? by Allaah ? there shall be a day for the people of true belief (to have retribution from the Yahood). This has been explicitly established by Muhammad, the Messengers and their scriptures, the Awliyaa (The Pious Friends of) Allaah and the Awliyaa of His Prophets and Messengers.

Therefore, let the Muslims prepare themselves (for the day of retribution) by focusing on their belief and methodology. Taking them from the Book of their Lord, the Sunnah of their Prophet, the traditional practice of the Messenger and his Companions and those Taabi?een who followed their way of righteousness and the scholars of true guidance and Religion who came after them. Surely this is the greatest means of attaining (and ensuring Divine) victory for them over their enemies. With this they shall possess their true glory, happiness and honor in this life and in the next.

As well (the Muslims) are to distance themselves from (being overcome by their) Haawaa (vain and evil desires), innovations and fanatical partisanship towards that which is (known to be) falsehood and its adherents.

Furthermore, the Muslims should prepare materially (for this day) with urgency and in all seriousness by increasing their cache of (advanced) weaponry in all of its varying forms and through (correct socioeconomic and political) consciousness and military training as Allaah and His Messenger have ordered. Allaah says:

?And make ready against them all you can of power, including steeds of war (tanks, planes, missiles, artillery, etc.) to threaten the enemy of Allaah and your enemy.? [Surah Al-Anfaal: 60]

The word ?power? in this passage refers to every type of force and might that can be utilized to intimidate the adversary ? every type of available weapon.

The Prophet has stated: ?Surely the projectiles are the force (and might). Surely, the projectiles are the force and might. Surely the projectiles are the force and might.? [2]

Any weapon that is launched and hurled into the air is to be considered a projectile. Every effort should be made to attain these projectiles ? manufacturing them, purchasing them or through other means.

I was astonished once again at the unrestricted use of the name of this honored, noble Prophet (Israel) for this despicable state - a nation of hostility and slander. How can it be assessed to be or described in dispraise to be ?Israel?? Or, the State of ?Israel??

It is as though there is the implication that the expansively rich Arabic language, the language of Islaam, is at a loss for a term to properly address them with so they (Muslims) are compelled to use this name.

Have they (the Muslims) ever stopped to think about the matter insightfully? Have they thought about whether this action is pleasing to Allaah and His Messenger?

Would this action be pleasing to the Prophet of Allaah, Israel? Or, would he consider it defamatory to him if he were alive today?

Do the Muslims not realize that the defamation that they direct towards these Jews whilst using this name (in actuality is a form of) focusing the defamation towards him (as well)?

Allaah?s Messenger said (describing a similar occurrence): ?Do you not wonder at how Allaah (protects me and at the same time) redirects from me the curses, dispraise and abuses of the Quraish? They abuse Mudhammama [3] while I am Muhammad (and not Mudhammama)!? [4]

So how can you indirectly focus your dispraise, curses and criticisms that are befitting of only the enemies of Allaah towards an honored, illustrious Prophet from among the Prophets of Allaah and one of His Messengers and His Chosen?

If someone were to say: ?But it is possible to find this statement in the Torah??

We would reply to them: It is not unlikely that is from the distortions or alterations performed by the People of the Book to the Torah. Allaah has bore witness against them in this regard. They changed the scripture with their hands and then claimed that (what they have changed) is from Allaah. In fact, in (their) corrupted (versions of the) Torah they have accused the Prophets of committing disbelief and (all sorts of blasphemous) repulsive qualities (and actions)!

Thus, how can someone use their books in the state (of perversion) that they are presently in as a proof?

We ask Allaah to guide and direct all the Muslims to that, which brings success (in this life and the next) by way of what He loves and of what pleases Him of statements and actions. Surely our Lord is the Hearer of Supplications.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Footnotes:

[1] We have heard our Shaykh Muhammad Naasir-ud-Deen al-Albaanee (rahimahullaah) repeatedly and forcefully warn and rebuff this phenomenon. Refer to al-Asaalah.
    [2] Reported by Imaam Muslim in his Saheeh.

[3] Mudhammama means ?The blameworthy one.? It was a term the Quraish used to defame the Prophet with. It is a play on the name Muhammad ? ?The praiseworthy one.?

[4] Reported by Al-Bukhaaree in his Saheeh (Hadeeth #3533)

http://www.al-manhaj.com/Page1.cfm?ArticleID=140

Contributed by: Muhammad Rizal Djamroed
    Sister Hasna: [email protected]

Yes, I've known for a long time that Yaqoob alay salaam was known as Israeel but we all tend to forget that and use it to refer to the country.

Thx for the post.

Jazakallah khair

Comment

AsSalaamu 'alaykum waraHmatullaah ya Ibrahim,

We've been missing you and your posts. Masha'Allaah, it is nice to have you with us once again.

Wa jazaakAllaah khair akhee li haathi-hil-kalimaat.

Wa faqakumAllaah

Comment

Jazak'Allah Khairun

Comment

Comment

What is the breakdown of IS RA EL? There was also two kingdoms of the Jews in the ancient world, Judea and Israel, btw. In 1967, the UAR, Syria, and to some extent Jordan, all faced the small force of the Jews. They had overwhelming power and they got stomped. I do not raise this issue out of arrogance. I bring up a fact. The worsening plight of the
            Palestinians is known to me. They were between a rock and a hard place. The Jews were between the "devil" and the deep blue sea. This last phrase is an old nautical term used by distrught sailors. Israel is not without blame, to be sure, but they were seriously threatened and foughtback triumphantly. This was done before any major
            US aid to them. Although I do not thoroughly dislike Ibrahim, he does remind me of intractable, American fundamentalists, with an Islamic twist. In Genesis 6:2, the writer refers to "beings" other than men who took human wives. God did not like this and in the Biblical account caused the flood to wipe this out. But, the Bible also recounts that these were men of reknown and fame.

Comment

Working...
            X