Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yemeni Shias v/s Rafidi Shias - A Clarification

Assalaam u 'Alaikum

I intend to make the position of mainstream Islam on Yemeni Shias clear.

The Yemeni Shias (known as Zaydi Shias) are regarded as Muslims, and have very little difference from mainstream Islam.

I don't expect any Yemeni Shia to visit this forum, but in case someone has, then I offer my apologies. Generally, when I use the term "Shia", I refer to the Rafidi Shias (they include the Ithna 'Ashari - like most of the Paki/Iranian Shias), and NOT the Yemeni Shias.

Yemeni Shias (Zaydis) are Muslims and are not very different from Mainstream Islam.

Some shia at the time of the Alid Imam Zayd ibn 'Ali demanded that he make a declaration of innocence (tabarra) from whoever disagreed with 'Ali's right to be Imam. When Zayd refused, they rejected him, and became known as the "raafida" or rejectors. Those who followed Imam Zayd became known as Zaydis, and have very little difference from mainstream Islam. The Raafidi evolved into the the various Imami shia sects, the largest of which is the Ithna 'Ashari.

The Zaydi Shia hold no real differences of aqeedah, but only the political position that the Caliph should be from the descendants of 'Ali.

The Zaydis believe that Ali was the superior Imam than say Abu Bakr and Umar and Uthman and believe that Ali should have been first but accept the khalifite of the three others.

The Zaydis do differ as far as "rulership" in regards to the imamat. They also differ in fiqh, and one of the major things you'll notice is that they pray with their hands to their sides.

The other Shia sects do not look upon favorably on the Zaydis. The 12er shia do not accept zaydis as shia, and actually place them among the sunnis in their classification. And other shia sects have from early on labeled the Zaydi[/b] as Rafidi !!! However, mainstream Islam, does not regard them as Rafidi, and accepts them as Muslims.

Also, the Yemeni (Zaydi) Shias do NOT curse the Sahaaba or the Mother of the Believers, Hadhrat 'Aishah (R). When the name of the Noble Companions of the Holy Prophet (S) such as Hadhrat Abu Bakr (R) or Hadhrat 'Umar (R) is mentioned, the Yemeni Shias say "Radiallahu 'Anhu " (May Allah be Pleased with him). Likewise, when the name of the Mother of Believers, Hadhrat 'Aishah (R) , the Yemeni Shias say "Radiallahu 'Anhaa " (May Allah be pleased with her ).

Also, the Yemeni (Zaydi) Shias pray ALONG with the mainstream Muslims .

And, I do NOT see the Yemeni (Zaydi) Shias trying to DIVIDE the Mainstream Muslims. After having talked to my Yemeni friends, and read a little about them, they apparently, are NOT filled with HATE for the Mainstream Muslims.

So, the point is that the Yemeni (Zaydi) Shias ARE Muslims , and are different from the Rafidi Shias. And, generally, whenever I refer to "Shias" in my posts, I refer to the Rafidi Shias, and NOT the Yemeni (Zaydi) Shias.

It is very rude of you to term our shia brothers as Rafidis. This is a derogatory term and should not be used in this forum.

It saddens me to see that you portray us, the ahl-sunnat, in such a way.

I apologize to our shia brothers here on this forum on behalf of other sunnis who do not hold such views or use such a language.

What was your point of opening a thread like this ? Is this your way of creating unity or division ?

Give it a thought.

------------------
    A Wizard arrives neither early nor late, but precisely when he chooses to

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf:
      It is very rude of you to term our shia brothers as Rafidis. This is a derogatory term and should not be used in this forum.

It saddens me to see that you portray us, the ahl-sunnat, in such a way.

I apologize to our shia brothers here on this forum on behalf of other sunnis who do not hold such views or use such a language.

What was your point of opening a thread like this ? Is this your way of creating unity or division ?

Give it a thought.

Bravo Gandalf. Agree with you word to word.

Comment

Well, if you look at the hardcore shias and their "hadeeth" books, it is aparent that those "hadeeth" books are contradictory to Quran in many ways.

In my opinion, anyone who says Kalima is a Muslim. Then in case of shias, individually its very hard to judge if ONE shia is a muslim or not. Since, they have their own "hadeeth" books, which happen to be contradictory to Quran and other mainstream ahadeeth books. So collectively, if they follow those books(which are known to have contradiction to quran and sunnah), then we know that they are doing something unislamic. Now if they are STILL muslim or not I can't say.

Faraz, take your hateful, heretic remarks somewhere else. We don't want this thread turning into "wahabi" bashing with lies... weren't you humiliated enough on this topic that you again and again write lies inorder to have us throw more facts at you which you can only reply with more lies? ENOUGH, you have already made your mind to tell lies and not listen to the other side, I don't want to confuse you with more FACTS and distressful truth. (moderator, if he continues with "wahabi" bashing with lies IN THIS thread, please do something about it thx.)

Comment

Originally posted by Pagluu:

Have you ever had a read of your hadith books exclusively edited by the likes of "Hazrat Muawiya(la)" and "Hazrat Yazid(la)"?

[This message has been edited by Pagluu (edited April 16, 2002).]

Now thats a pretty silly comment. What does Muawiya and yazid have to do with this? Just because I say that books like "al kafi, AI-Ihtijaj, Tadhkiratul Aimmah, etc. contradict the teachings of quran in many ways. Why do you then associate yazid and muawiyaa with it when its totally different argument? Can't you people discuss facts and ground realities without atributing them to your "enemies," even if you do attribute them to your "enemies," does that giv you self-satisfactionthat you have some crediblity to stand on because you are associating "muawiya and yazid" with it?

How will I reading the BOOKs, change the ground reality already present that those books are contradictory to quranic teachings in many ways and since you have no way of replying to that, you come here cowardly and attribute and throw in some other BS just so that you don't have to reply to those contradictions already present in the book. Isn't that shameful for you and the books you are "trying" to defend!

Comment

I'm Yemeni (sunni) and I dont really know much Yemeni Shias so I don't know if I can answer you. But yes I have heard some things like that the Shias in Yemen are different than the Shias elsewhere. Yemen long ago had an Imam as a ruler and he was of Persian orgin so I don't know what was going through his head.

So, may I ask why did you bring this up?
            I LOVE IT WHEN PAKIS HATE ME!

Comment

No bashing please, agree to disagree and be at peace

Comment

Originally posted by Serial Guppy:
                Well, if you look at the hardcore shias and their "hadeeth" books, it is aparent that those "hadeeth" books are contradictory to Quran in many ways.

In my opinion, anyone who says Kalima is a Muslim. Then in case of shias, individually its very hard to judge if ONE shia is a muslim or not. Since, they have their own "hadeeth" books, which happen to be contradictory to Quran and other mainstream ahadeeth books. So collectively, if they follow those books(which are known to have contradiction to quran and sunnah), then we know that they are doing something unislamic. Now if they are STILL muslim or not I can't say.

thx.)
                I can find dozens of contradictions anywhere on the net both shia and sunni nobody can prove me wrong unless if you have the book iteself with full context detail explanation.

So be careful when you mention shia books, even a nine year old kid can find flaws with the help of the garbage sites. I advise you do the research more on it and dun rely on these sites..get the books yourself study and see what you think contradicts with Quran, obviously shias would dsicard the materials that contradicts the holy Quran nobody claimed that hadiths are supposed to be accurate.

the main source for shia hadiths books were the decendants of Holy Prohpet (SAWS)(12 imams)We pay utomost respect to these ppl and trust their words.

Comment

Working...
                X