name change?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

name change?????

Im a woman,ive seen where some men and women have changed their name when they accept the islam religion and become muslim.
    Do all persons have to change their name???????????and if you dont,is your vow of islam no good then?????
    ~~~~Love is Grand !!~~~~

most do.. don't have to.
    JaddoN kaddya jaloos ghareeba tay shehr ich choatalee lug gayee

Comment

Islam tells us to have a name with a good meaning. And that is pretty much it. As long as the name doesn't have some kind of hideous meaning to it its all good!

------------------
      Zameen Par Bhaij Diya, Khair Muslaihat Uss ke, Mujhko to chand banana tha aasmaan kay liye

Comment

Jazak-Allah!

whose accpeting Islam?

:-D
        peace

------------------
        Parde ilm hazaar kitaaba...kaddee apnai aap nu parya naee.." BULLEY SHAH

Comment

You should have a name which represents and shows that you are a Muslim and adherer of Islam. I don't think its necessary
          to change your last name just changing the first is ok.

Comment

well my first name is Christine.....which in some christian books is defined as:
            "One who walks close to god,and is trustworthy"

So what do you all think? If i changed my religion to islam,would i need to change my first name?
            ~~~~Love is Grand !!~~~~

Comment

Absolutely NOT.
              JaddoN kaddya jaloos ghareeba tay shehr ich choatalee lug gayee

Comment

Originally posted by chris_wazir:
                well my first name is Christine.....which in some christian books is defined as:

So what do you all think? If i changed my religion to islam,would i need to change my first name?
                Nice meaning of your name

Take Your Best Shot At Me

Comment

Stick to the topic! Don't try and cause hatred and enmity in threads between the Muslims.

I'm keeping an eye on you.

Sentinel.

[This message has been edited by Sentinel (edited April 12, 2002).]

Comment

Well, as I said you want a name which shows you are a Muslim and adhere of Islam. Christine is a nice name, but it doesn't say that you are a Muslim. I will try to find what Sunnah says about this.

Since you are a new Muslim, I suggest you NEVER take anything about Islam just because someone tells you. Ask them for references and source of their information. Some with little or no knowledge think they can give you proper judgement on their own without looking at the Quran and Sunnah(way of life) of the Prophet Muhammed(phub).

For those who are saying "NO," do you have any proof for what you are saying or just for the love of it?

Comment

Serial Guppy, i havent become muslim at this time..i said if...and reason i said if is because im still reading about islam and what it all means...this should not be a quick decision in life when one chooses a religion...ive been christian most of my life. ....
                      But to learn about islam is to ask questions,right? so thats what im doing....
                      And do let me know what kind of name would be appropriate.....there should be a website on names...ive seen so many people ask about it.

Faraz Mir....please tell me what a wahahi is(still learning urdu too)

thankyou again for all knowledge sent my way..
                      May Allah bless u all.....
                      ~~~~Love is Grand !!~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Faraz Mir:
                        If in fact you are thinking of changing your religon to Islam, I strongly recommend do not become a wahabi.

just read the thread on what a wahabi is...
                        nope that aint me...lol......
                        ~~~~Love is Grand !!~~~~

Comment

just read the thread on what a wahabi is...
                          nope that aint me...lol......
                          Dear Christine,

From Whatever source you are reading about Islam, it is probably a "Wahhabi" source.

If you come across any terms like : "authentic", "authentic hadeeth", "shirk", "innovation", then most probably it is a "Wahhabi" source.

You see a lot of the people here want to cling on to the unislamic practises, and some of them do not want to adopt some of the Islamic practises. So anyone who asks them to change their viewpoint is called a "Wahhabi".

As I said, most probably, your source is a "Wahhabi" source.

Authentic Islam is labelled "Wahhabism" by anyone who wants to cling on to his unislamic beliefs.

One thing that you'll find about this "evil Wahhabism" is that never will you find any indication in their texts that they are Wahhabis or anything different from authentic Islam.

That should be sufficient to convince you that there is no such thing as "Wahhabism".

There's a group of heretics, known as the Rafidi Shias, (who make up less than 10% of the those who profess to be Muslims). These people (the Rafidi Shias) try to divide the Mainstream Muslims by all sorts of sinister and subtle means. You'll find it very common among them, that they'll explain their heretic beliefs by saying: "You must be a Wahhabi".

As for Mr.Faraz, He quotes from a "WAhhabi" site to prove his point in one thread, and then he bashes the "WAhhabis" in another thread. Which only shows that "WAhhabism" is an imaginary sect, there's no such thing as a "Wahhabi".

Please Read my post here: http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/Forum13/HTML/004806-2.html

P.S - I'm "Indian_Muslim".

[This message has been edited by Khoon-e-Shaheed (edited April 11, 2002).]

Comment

Working...
                          X