Hijaamah (cupping)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hijaamah (cupping)

Samurah said the Prophet Muhammad (saws) said:" The best thing with which you can treat sicknesses is cupping."

Collected by Ahmad,al-Haakim and at-Tabaraanee(S.J.R/ 3323)

Hijaamah or cupping is the Arab method of blood-letting in which a cup-shaped vessel is used to collect the blood. The skin is pierced, either by needles or a sharp instrument and a cup is placed over the pierced area. The air in the cup is then extracted by sucking it out through a hole in the cup which is then sealed. The blood then flows through the skin due to the vacuum in the cup.

Has anyone ever done this?? I just wanted to know how it feels, does it hurt alot? i know some people who have, because they had severe headaches and they say it helped alot. I'm not sure if it is all the time, but most of the time it's done in the back of the neck.

In united states i only know of qss that have people who can perform hijamaah, does anyone know of anyother place??

Ouch! I dislike medicine but will take any horse pill compared to this!

Comment

Isn't it like withdrawing blood, but with something a little different? and what kinda sickness/illnesses does it cure?

Comment

This just seems wrong for some reason.

Comment

ouchhhhh neva heard of it b4...

------------------
          Pakistan Zindabad!

Comment

Removal of blood has been a traditional medicinal technique for centuries. Muslims favoured cupping to do so, whereas Europeans (including many royals during the 19th century) preferred either cupping or attaching leeches to the body,
            Muslims are so good at dividing that they can divide the atom. If you see two Muslims, probably they belong to 3 parties.
            Al-Ghazali

Comment

yes maddy and they also didn't flush their poop..

goes to show how stoooopid these innovated books are.. attributing such nonsense to an honorable Prophet.

[This message has been edited by PakistaniAbroad (edited April 11, 2002).]
              JaddoN kaddya jaloos ghareeba tay shehr ich choatalee lug gayee

Comment

IF THIS IS TRUE, I guess the prophet was influenced by Kamasutra (original one by Vyatsyayana), which has something in resemblence to this.

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiaa:
                  Isn't it like withdrawing blood, but with something a little different? and what kinda sickness/illnesses does it cure?
                  Sadiaa the two people i know who have done this because they had severe headaches, and they both have said that it helped, alhumduillah.

Comment

Funny how most of the people who just have negative comments about everything, are the ones who preach about having an 'open-mind'

Anyways does anyone have any other extra information about hijamaah. Jazak'Allah Khair.

Comment

What about sinus or sinus related headaches?

Comment

Panadol CF,Tylenol Sinus, Tylenol Cold
                        Man, this sinus head ache is really bad!!

Comment

Originally posted by ramyssysIX:
                          Panadol CF,Tylenol Sinus, Tylenol Cold
                          Man, this sinus head ache is really bad!!
                          never tried Panadol (dont thnk we have it in CA) lol Tylenol Sinus/Cold aren't strong enuff... Claritin also sux.. lol i think Allegra's much better

Comment

Working...
                          X