Confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confused

I know we have so many intellectuals and scholars on this website. This Ayyah of Holy Qu¡¯ran make me think again on this thing that I was asked by a person once. That what is his/her fault if he/she was born in a Christian family or Jews or Hindu or any other and why you are lucky people born in a Muslim family or what is your skill or ability in it. ¡°Aap ka kia karnama hai ke aap Muslim gher mein paida hoay. Meree kia ghalatee hai ager mein apnay parents ke batay hoay raastay per chalta/chaltee hoon¡± I thought if I were him/her would I be able to change my culture religion? Would I be able to learn about a new religion in my life after I was 20 or 25 ? could I have change it ? The answer I got, I would be HONEST with you was¡¦¡¦.probably NO Please comment. I am confused .i am sorry if this question hurts any of you.

This is something that i have been asking myself a couple of times. In my opinion, being *born muslim* doesnt really mean that i am a muslim...unfortunately thats what the misconception is with most of the muslims (born muslims). You have to build up a faith yourself and that you can do only by practicing, and not just by calling yourself a muslim.

At the same time, i would also like to add that being a born muslim, one has an edge over the others...if he is forunate, he has greater exposure to Islamic rituals as opposed to one who was born in a non-muslim family. But again, this is where the concept of da'wa comes in...its your duty being a muslim to spread Islam as much as you can. I am not going to discuss how da'wa should be practised...but one can not ignore the importance of inviting others to a right path.

Comment

Pump ,
      My question has not been addressed BTW please some one can get me out of this confusion

Comment

Can thise be transferred to religion forum please....
        Muslims are so good at dividing that they can divide the atom. If you see two Muslims, probably they belong to 3 parties.
        Al-Ghazali

Comment

Dear Uff! You are right in a way. Here I want to share few core concepts with you.

1. In the holy Quran ALLAH has said "ALLAH is the creator and owner of all that exists in HIS world, universe and in the heavens and that it is HIS power (noor) that has given life and/or characteristic to every thing that exists.

2. In the holy Quran ALLAH has said, "When ever HE decides to do something HE only orders (Ku'n) and it happens" This highlights Allah's status that HE does not do things by himself but gives orders.

3. In the holy Quran ALLAH has said, "ALLAH does not help people until they change what is in their hearts - nea'at".

4. In the holy Quran ALLAH has said, "On whom the hell is destined, ALLAH make their evil doings look good to them. And at another instance, "HE says O'Muhammad do not be impressed with the abundance of children and wealth that is given to the people of hell, for ALLAH has given all this to them so that when they die they die ignorant of their sins and ALLAH will put them in the hell"

5. In the Hadiath of Muhammad SAW it is stated that, "ALLAH has already written every action and its fate, and the ink has been dried"

6. In another Hadiat of Muhammad SAW it is stated that, "All actions are based on nea'at".

Some manifestations of the above:

> That ALLAH already knows what is in every person's heart (nea'at) before hand.

> That destiny of every thing that exists or will come into existence has been ascribed accordingly at the very onset.

> That destiny has two dimensions: fate and behaviors.

> That ALLAH bless righteous path to those who are destined to success and impose evil
          path on those destined to end up in hell.

> That what ever we do is by the order of ALLAH i.e. what ever He has destined upon us in accordance with his pre-hand knowledge of our nea'at.

> That what ever we accomplish in our lives is the immediate outcome of our plans and actions which ALLAH has ordered upon us (and not that we do by the choice or our
          intellect or physical strengths), and at the core all accomplishments is our fate that ALLAH has decided for us.

> That we are accountable to our nea'at rest is controlled by ALLAH.

> That only "True Prayers and Repentance" could change ALLAH's curse into blessings.

> That one born to a Muslim parents is a blessing in it self and is also a part of one's destiny.

Though it is difficult to accept the concept especially in today's technological age but not if one tries to see it with a mind open to acceptance and subordination. Denying the reality does not change it. Just foucus on one thing that only thing that is in your control is your Nea'at for which you shall be judged upon.

------------------
          You see, one thing is, I can live with doubt and uncertainty and
          not knowing. I think it's much more interesting to live not knowing
          than to have answers which might be wrong.
          I don't feel frightened not knowing things, by being lost in a
          mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me.

Comment

Originally posted by mAd_ScIeNtIsT:
            Can thise be transferred to religion forum please....
            NO, i tried relion it has no way to put immage i guess or i didn't find maybe. I am sure i was not able to figure it out how to post it there.
            Sorry

Comment

Moved from Image Gallery to Religion Forum

Comment

EmptyBrain,

Thanks for sharing such nice thoughts but, what should Ireply the person who asked me this that why Allah wanted him/her to born in other religion. In other words Allah is banning the doors of Jannah on him but what is his /her fault in it?

Comment

Originally posted by X 1:
                  Moved from Image Gallery to Religion Forum
                  Thanks

Comment

1) Allah never bans or stops any Muslim or a Non-Muslim from choosing the right path (Sirat-e-Mustaqeem). He has given us the power to make the choice based on what really is in our hearts that is the Nea'at.

2) It is in the Quran that before creation of this system, Allah (swt) gathered all the souls in Barzakh and asked "Am I not your Rub(Lord)?", "Bala", meaning "Yes" replied all the souls. It is only that they have forgotten this event after being borned in this world with a material body.

3) This means every newly born child in this world, borns with faith in Allah and total submission to Him Almighty. It is then their elders who deviate him from the right path and make him re-learn what they falsely practice.

4) Allah has given knowledge and rationale to seek and practice what is right. Allah has orderd in the noble Quran several times to search for the truth. He has given us the power to judge what is right and what is wrong.

5) The doors to forgiveness (Maghfirah) are open to every one untill his/her final time has come. Till then, every one has time to seek refuge and submit to Allah the Almighty.

6) I'm a born Muslim but this does not mean my four fathers were born Muslims too. They practiced Hindu religion a few centuries back till one of my four father embraced Islam. Why did he accept the teachings of Islam? Isn't it because he realized he was at fault. From where did he drived this conclusion? He searched for the truth. Why did Allah gave him the Hidayah to become a Muslim? Beacuse He the Almighty knew that his Nea'at was pure.

Therefore, it is not his fault that he is born in a Non-Muslim family. But it is his duty to seek the truth from his surroundings. And be bold enough to accept what is right. The rest is in control of Allah. He gives Hidayah to him who He only wills to. We just should keep our Nea'ats pure.

Comment

Assalam-o-alikum Uff!!

I have very limited knowledge .. but i will explain what i think abt this..

Being a human being.. We are blessed with Wisdom the power to think.. Analyze things..

we can just what is wrong by using our wisdom..

Being a human it is our duty to judge what is right and what is wrong..SO no matter what relegion are from, one should not follow it blindly. One should have to crave about the right.. path..

so the crave about the knoeldge, and the crave to what is wrong. and what is right , which relegion is true and why. is the duty of the human being.

Because Allah sends a children and When a child is born he is Muslim by nature. he has haq, the truth in his heart. it is we who make him christian , jew or any other Relegion

and one cannot be a practical Muslim unless and untill he start practicing Islam in his life. and following the basic 5 pillars of ISLAM.

the crave for knowledge, and wisdom is offcourse a blessing from Allah. In a child this crave is full, but if he dosnt go for it. and diverting away from the right path. this crave diminishes..

PArents and social setup also plays a major role..

bottom line is that. Its a persons own duty , to choose a relegion for him/her.

May allah give us guidence, and knowledge about RIGHT And WRONG. and Understandnig of QURAN..

------------------
                      Dont think "you can" know "you can"
                      .::. ¢¼ ﷲ ﻼﺃ ﷲﺃ ﻶ ¢¼ .::.

Comment

uff

study the verse in context and it becomes clear:

[ash-Shura 42:6] And (as for) those who take guardians besides Him, Allah watches over them, and you have not charge over them.

PakistaniAbroad: Allah has referenced the people who take aulya besides Allah

[ash-Shura 42:7] And thus have We revealed to you an Arabic Quran, that you may warn the mother city and those around it, and that you may give warning of the day of gathering together wherein is no doubt; a party shall be in the garden and (another) party in the burning fire.

PakistaniAbroad: These are the parties of people.. one in the garden and another in burning fire.

[ash-Shura 42:8] And if Allah had pleased He would surely have made them a single community, but He makes whom He pleases enter into His mercy, and the unjust it is that shall have no guardian or helper.

PakistaniAbroad: Notice now that using the context of the verse it's clear that Allah is actually saying that He could very well have forgiven the others and included them in his mercy BUT because they were unjust they meet this terrible fate.

[ash-Shura 42:9] Or have they taken guardians besides Him? But Allah is the Guardian, and He gives life to the dead, and He has power over all things.

PakistaniAbroad: Allah reminds us why they've met this fate.. because they took Auliya besides Allah.

Tell your friend that (s)he's not doomed because (s)he's born in a particular family.

Our deeds determine our fate.
                        JaddoN kaddya jaloos ghareeba tay shehr ich choatalee lug gayee

Comment

Thank you very much all. I am pretty clear now but one more thing. The people who are non-Muslims get Half chance to get REHMAT of Allah and he or she need to do effort for that and those who are born in Muslim family are already have Half of REHMAT.Is it Fair if it is true? As Qur'an says that any none Muslim will not enter the Jannah. Anyway Thanks again for the time you Folks spent for me.
                          Take care
                          Bye

Comment

being born muslim or non-muslim is same as being born rich or poor.....
                            it does not mean that if u r born poor u'll remain poor all ur life and if u r born rich u wud be rich all ur life....

Allah has given everyone a brain and if someone does not wish to use his brain to learn the facts about his Creator and is happy with the way he lives, then its his problem....
                            and if a person dies before the age of acquiring wisdom or the sense of right and wrong, he/she dies as a Muslim and will enter Jannah....

and btw being born in a muslim family and never actually practising Islam does not give u any ticket for Jannah, u still need to work hard for it....

------------------
                            "Our Lord! forgive us our sins and anything we may have done that transgressed our duty; establish our feet firmly and help us against those that resist faith." Quran(3:147)
                            Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

The biggest sin that Allah mentions is disbelief in Allah and enjoining partners or associates with Him. He is Just and through the passage of time sent down the message to each and every person on this earth, and the end of those who after the message still refuse then they are in loss.

Originally posted by uff:

I know we have so many intellectuals and scholars on this website. This Ayyah of Holy Qu¡¯ran make me think again on this thing that I was asked by a person once. That what is his/her fault if he/she was born in a Christian family or Jews or Hindu or any other and why you are lucky people born in a Muslim family or what is your skill or ability in it. ¡°Aap ka kia karnama hai ke aap Muslim gher mein paida hoay. Meree kia ghalatee hai ager mein apnay parents ke batay hoay raastay per chalta/chaltee hoon¡± I thought if I were him/her would I be able to change my culture religion? Would I be able to learn about a new religion in my life after I was 20 or 25 ? could I have change it ? The answer I got, I would be HONEST with you was¡¦¡¦.probably NO Please comment. I am confused .i am sorry if this question hurts any of you.

Comment

Working...
                              X