X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fast on Monday----------------------->>>

To all those who love Palestine,
    To all those whose hearts yearn to liberate our Aqsa,

And to all those who wish to do something for al-Aqsa, but cannot do anything,

To you all,

Inshallah, we intend to fast on Monday and dedicate our du`aa’ on that day to our brothers and sisters struggling in Palestine. You all know that the du`aa’ of the person who fasts at the time of breaking fast is accepted. We will all pray together at the same time with the same earnestness and the same humility to Allah. We pray that Allah accepts our prayer for our brothers and sisters, and that is the weakest of Imaan.

We also intend to pray 2 rak’as Qiyaam Monday night (ie. early Monday morning, before the beginning of the fast) and pray for them.

Dear brother/sister, this is the least we can do. Do not forget that du`aa’, with sincerity and humility will inshallah bring victory, as Allah said: “Call on Me, I will respond to you”.

Oh Allah, grant us the victory that you promised. Du`aa’ is our weapon, until Allah brings to pass His decree.

Dear brother/sister, please disseminate this message, for the greater our number the greater the blessing. Make the intention, for you may thus find something to say on that Great Day in the presence of the Omnipotent King: What have you done to aid the Muslims?

------------------
    "The greatest purpose of knowledge is the abundance of inspiring thoughts."

thanks for sharing ...

Comment

Wow thats a neat idea, thank you for sharing i hope a lot of people fast and do dua.

Jazak"Allah
      Thank you for spreading the word.

Comment

Inshallah...

Thanks for conveying the message..

------------------
        Dont think "you can" know "you can"
        .::. ¢¼ ﷲ ﻼﺃ ﷲﺃ ﻶ ¢¼ .::.

Comment

My dear brother Mushi,

AsSalaamu 'alaykum warahmatullaah,

JazaakumAllaah khair for reminding us of our brothers and sisters who are suffering and dying in Palestine. No doubt, we should not forget about their dreadful situation and continuously make du'aa for them, as every reminder is a reminder too little.

Dear brother, i would like to mention however something that is first and foremost a reminder to myself and then to your goodself.

We know the Religion of Islaam is complete and there is no scope for further additions as the Messenger of Allaah - salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam explained. He said that: " ... every newly invented matter is misguidance, and every misguidance is going astray ..." Thus we cannot add nor subtract anything from Allaah's beautiful Deen as this will conflict with His Laws and displease Him, while our aim as Muslims should be to please Him alone.

Hence all the rules and regulations for worship have been laid down and stamped, sealed and delivered to us by our beloved Prophet - salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam. Thus it is only in our most best interest that we avoid falling into error by introducing or following newly invented matters. One such matter was the fast of Monday that you mentioned specifically so the du'aa of that day can be dedicated to the Muslims of Palestine.

There is nothing wrong at all for fasting, particularly on Monday. In fact, it is highly rewarding (as it was the Sunnah of the Prophet - salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam), but for every righteous action to be accepted by Allaah it must fulfill two conditions: the intention of the act must be for the sake of Allaah alone; and it must be in accordance with the Qur'aan and the Sunnah.

We know that the Messenger of Allaah - salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam - always advised and encouraged the Believers to make du'aa particularly during times of need, but he did not advise the Muslims to fast during such times, for such reasons. The Muslims of Makkah, 1400 years ago went through much hardship and persecution at the hands of the Quraiysh, yet those who migrated to Abbysinia were not advised to fast in reminder of their brothers and sisters being oppressed in Makkah. Or perhaps later, when the verses of fasting were revealed in Madeenah, there were times when pockets of Muslims outseide the city were still suffering and being tortured by their enemies, yet the Prophet - salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam - did not order the Muslims to fast in their remembrence. For sure supplications to Allaah were made for their security and success, but fast was not observed as a ritual.

We should be careful my dear brother, so as not to make certain events a reason for our worship (if it is not according to the Sunnah), but rather make our worship for the sake of Allaah alone and with the intention of practicing the Sunnah, and then make du'aa for our oppressed brothers and sisters in Palestine. As the Prophet - salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam - said in the first hadeeth of Bukhaaree, "Verily every action is judged by intentions ..."

Even if ones intention is for the sake of Allaah, by asking everyone to fast on any specific day so that du'aa can be made for a specific reason is going astray as it is a newly invented matter into the Deen and is not from the Sunnah.

... and Allaah - subhaan wa ta'aala - knows best.

And we ask Him - the Almighty & Most Merciful - that He rectifies the condition of our brothers and sisters in Palestine and gives then patience in such testing times. And we ask Him alone that He grants them victory over the enemies of His Deen and the enemies of the Believers and makes them from amongst the successful both in this world and the Hereafter.

kind regards,
          &peace

Comment

JazakAllah Brother Husnain
            Save Pakistan.

Comment

Walekumassalam wrt

I agree with what you say dear brother, allow me to clarify. The intention of the brothers and sisters in the UK is to fast on Monday because it is said that Allah swt answers the dua of those who open the fast. We intend to fast to make dua to Allah swt to help our brothers and sisters. I can assure you that this decision is not of one person alone but of several respected muslim organisations in the UK who have good scholarly backing. (available on request )

Forgive me for not explaining this.

------------------

Comment

AsSalaamu 'alaykum brother mushi,

Wa jazaakAllaah khair for the clarification.

What i mean to say (and please forgive me if my effort is a weak one) is that a special day has been chosen and given significance over all the other days for this event of fasting; a day has been singled out for a specific purpose.

It is far more appropriate and in line with the sunnah to explain the importance of du'aa and it's exalted position in Islaam, rather than making fasting a condition for the du'aa to be accepted.

Firstly, from the ahadeeth of the Prophet - salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam - we know that there are certain times when du'aa is more likely to be accepted than others. Some of these include: between the adhaan and the iqaamah; in the final third of the night; between the two khutbahs during the Friday sermon; between asr and magrib on a Friday; just before sunset etc.

This is regardless of whether the person is fasting or not, although it is better to make du'aa after an act of worship or righteous action, as you have pointed out.

In order to avoid conflict with the Religion, it is far more affective to educate the Muslims on the significance of du'aa and the great rewards on fasting, particularly on the days that are encouraged in Islaam outside of Ramadhaan, such as: Mondays and Thursdays; the 3 middle days of the month; day of Arafaat; the days of 'Aashoorah etc.

However, dear brother, to ask the people to fast on a certain day in order for the du'aa to be accepted (or give it more esteem) is not from the Sunnah of the Messenger - sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam - and something that was not practiced by the Companions. For verily, carrying out an act of worship in this manner is a newly invented matter in the Deen, and the Prophet - salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam said: "every newly invented matter is rejected (by Allaah)". He salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam also said: " ... every newly invented matter is misguidance, and every misguidance is going astray, and every going astray is in the Hellfire."

... and Allaah knows best.

May Allaah guide us all.

regards of kindness,
                &peace

----------------------
                "No leaf falls except that He knows of it, and no rain drop forms except that He has willed it."

Comment

Walekumassalam wrt

Point taken brother. You are right in saying that the approach was slightly mis-directed, but I guess we're all learning

------------------

Comment

Working...
                  X