Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jihad exposed.......

Jihad means struggle, they say.
    This struggle a human fights the whole life. When he learns something, works and earns something, he is a leader or soldier; the whole phenomenon of life is full of struggle.
    And what is jihad in Islamic conditions, the same? I doubt.

Atta and his comrades while hitting the WTC were looking at a heaven on the other side of disaster promised by the Prophet in quran and confirmed by Bin Laden. Am I wrong?

Pls do not say that Islam should not be questioned for the activity of an individual. Last centuries are full of such individuals and result is always mass killings.

Why not the Islamic scholars come out in open and tell us that the Jihad of Gaddaffi, Saddam, Ayattollah Khomeiny, Yahia Khan and Bin Laden is a mockery of Islam?

Instead these Islamic scholars blame us of ignorance.

so u mean to say that bin laden was doing an Islamic Jehad....
    just like hitler was doinga christian jehad....
    or the people who killed indra gandhi were doing a sikhism jehad....
    or sharon was on a jewish jehad when he killed hundreds of thousands of muslims in lebanon....
    or the hindus who killed hundreds of muslims in gujrat were on a hinduism jehad....

Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

Politics my friend! Politics! Using the cover of Jehad is an old trick used by some power players.

Done in Muslim history by the likes of Muawiya and Yazeed......

Comment

Anand my Friend

This issue has been debated between yourself and other Guppies several times. You have refuted the various replies by simply reiterating, "The history of martyrs and suicide bombers must make one consider that there is something inherently dangerous and illogical about Islam." I am beginning to doubt whether there exists any answer that you would be willing to accept. What exactly are you looking for - an open statement from a Muslim stating that 'Yes, my religion is faulty'? At times I have defended Muslim Guppies from slandering Hinduism because I appreciate how dear one's religion is towards onself; are you able to extend the same respect towards Muslims when our religion is unjustly negated?

[This message has been edited by Nadia_H (edited March 31, 2002).]

Comment

Islam is unlike any other religion on this earth because not only does it call for peace but it calls for justice.

We are in no way ashamed of a mechanism in our religion that gives us the right to struggle for justice, for peace and for basic human rights. To die a martyr is the best form of death for any muslim with many promises of reward and high regard from Allah. Jihad is this mechanism which treats this lack of justice in such a way that the end is always peace. History is witness of this.

Stop the Intifada.

Comment

Hello Anand!

Don't you get bored raisning the same questions over and over again. I feel sleepy reading them. Ho hum.

Try to find a life for yourself. Find a wife and bring up a family. But make sure the children do not take after you.

------------------
            Rabbeshrah lee sadree; wa yassirlee amree; yafqahoo qaulee.

Comment

Jihad means struggle, they say. The most literal meaning of jihad is "struggle" or "striving."
              This struggle a human fights the whole life. When he learns something, works and earns something, he is a leader or soldier; the whole phenomenon of life is full of struggle. In the Qur'an and the Hadith (the sayings attributed to the Prophet Muhammed), the word jihad is used to identify various struggles that the Muslim believer faces throughout his lifetime.
              And what is jihad in Islamic conditions, the same? I doubt. This conflict can take many forms, from an internal struggle to live a holy life, to an external struggle against those forces that threaten the Islamic faith.
              Atta and his comrades while hitting the WTC were looking at a heaven on the other side of disaster promised by the Prophet in quran and confirmed by Bin Laden. Am I wrong? there is no tangible proof that they were muslims.
              Pls do not say that Islam should not be questioned for the activity of an individual.
              youíre right. You can question islam. But judging islam on the basis of any individualís action is not logical. As we can not judge Christianity by the actions of Christians.
              Last centuries are full of such individuals and result is always mass killings. Why not the Islamic scholars come out in open and tell us that the Jihad of Gaddaffi, Saddam, Ayattollah Khomeiny, Yahia Khan and Bin Laden is a mockery of Islam?
              individuals like Hitler, Mao, Stalin and yeah Milosovich to name a few, who are responsible for mass murders of millions of people.

Instead these Islamic scholars blame us of ignorance. Such a statement is a generalisation.

Comment

Yes friends, I will never be tired questioning the ideology behind killings.

Dear Nadia, you are a little wrong. You or any of yours have never answered a simple question.
                What is the psychology of Islam, that it can produce more fanatics in comparison to other religions?
                You need examples?

Best rgds

Comment

Anand, I will gladly answer your question provided you extend me the same courtesy and answer mine (stated at the end of this post).

Originally posted by anand:
                  Dear Nadia, you are a little wrong. You or any of yours have never answered a simple question. What is the psychology of Islam, that it can produce more fanatics in comparison to other religions? You need examples?
                  You have posed a very simple question, but the semantics confuses things a bit. No religion "produces" fanatics; fanatics are BRED, not born. The types of fanatics you are referring to develop their mentalities either from the madrassa system (which we have discussed briefly previously) or from other aspects of their environment (injustices experienced during childhood, for eg.). A person who picks up the Quran doesn't become a fanatic overnight, Anand.

Since you are so curious as to the "psychology" of Islam, why don't you eduate yourself? Pick up a book regarding Islam, written by a non Muslim if you prefer, and read it. Since you have so many queries regarding Islam and this apparently mysterious, exotic religion, why don't you educate yourself independently, external of needing opinions from Muslim Guppies? I can suggest a list of at least 10 books, written by non Muslims, that are excellent introductions to Islam.

My question:
                  At times I have defended Muslim Guppies from slandering Hinduism because I appreciate how dear one's religion is towards onself; are you able to extend the same respect towards Muslims when our religion is unjustly negated?

Comment

anand quote: Yes friends, I will never be tired questioning the ideology behind killings. ...

Thatís entirely your choice... If you wish to use people who resort to violence to publicise their grievances, as a scapegoat to stereotype Islam as a violent religion, than all you are doing is making people realise Your complete ignorance and misunderstanding towards Islam.

Many guppies have already answered your negative questions relating to Jihad.. by now you should of realised that ISLAM does not advocate violence, it is a way of life which is all for peace and harmony regardless of faith, creed, colour and language. In your other thread you tried to make comparisons with the Holy prophet {pbuh}, now by doing that you are only making others think your trying to attack our faith. That is wrong so please stop this charade of yours.

Btw, In future I suggest you go to your local Library and obtain some literature about Islam (as suggested by Nadia) please read up about what Jihad means !!

Comment

dhp if pakistan pursues true islam
                      there wil be peace in subcontinent.
                      true islam would have kept bangaldesh
                      and west pakistan toghether.

Comment

You got us mate. All of us are plane-crashin, innocent-civilian-killing, half crazy, islam influenced individuals. Watch yourself now, you're getting on my nerves.

The Muslim Ummah begs for your approval O' Great anand. We are nothing unless you tell us our reality. Thank you.

Comment

Anand, I havent seen such a dumb Indian in my life !! Thnk God all my hindu friends are very intellegent and understanding.. we have told u again and again ur mind goes to a certain limit and without basics of any religion u wont understand more..likewise I wont understand Hindu Gods flyiny with fancy clothes above me!! but it doesnt bother me..
                          In real life how many mass killer muslims u have seen in ur life!! All over the world including USA the society with least crimes is muslims.. If u have seen 9 out of 10 muslims as evil and killers why u debate here ?
                          Saints are fine for Heaven, but they are hell on earth.

Comment

Originally posted by ammarr:
                            You got us mate. All of us are plane-crashin, innocent-civilian-killing, half crazy, islam influenced individuals. Watch yourself now, you're getting on my nerves.

The Muslim Ummah begs for your approval O' Great anand. We are nothing unless you tell us our reality. Thank you.
                            LOLLLLLL....good replies, everyone.

Comment

We have to be stereotyped for exposing something hidden behind. By talking and shouting peace, we may remain hypocrite and not accept the reality.

I understand that religion is a very sensitive issue. But what to do when killings take place? Keep quite and accept it for an individual act, even when the killings are in thousands and more?
                              Does ideology should not be questioned for misuse, let us say for misuse?

Dear Nadia, on Islam many books are written by Muslims and by non Muslims, pro and against, but very little someone has directly questioned the ideology and psycho impact of quran on mind. And whenever it happens you have one answer, ignorance.
                              Once you have agreed that Madrisa produces fanatics, pls go a little further and study Islam, not just learn it!
                              I do not bring in verses of quran especially written on equal apartheid terms. Many have done so and always are accused of ignorance.
                              Agree to me that I am the most peaceful, good and the best or you are ignorant! What is this?

I assure you I question the ideology and say nothing against Muslims, which is not my motive.
                              Why an individual goes mad for an ideology that killings inspire him to some divine goal?

Rgds

Comment

Working...
                              X