Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is aethism means less religious violence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is aethism means less religious violence?

is aethism brings prospertiy and stabilty to china? there is no religen to fight about?
    what is your thoughts on aethism?

There is no direct correlation between religion and violence. Like any other belief system it can be used to promote love and tolerance as readily as it can be used to promote hate and violence.

Communism, which in many respects was vehemently opposed to religion - has prompted various wars in its attempts at expansion. The same can be said about neo-imperialism. The Cold War was based on two opposing ideologies, neither of which embraced religion.

Ethnicity and race have also provided some with the impetus to act out violently. Being religious or living in a religious society does not make you more prone to act violently. Athiesm can produce the exact same intolerance and violent reaction.

Achtung

Comment

Yeah, China doesn't like Lama because of his disco moves not religion, and the government put that Christian priest to death for bringing in illegal cocaine not bible, right? And they are putting Muslims in jail because they like to have fun! Sure!

Those humans who crave bloodshed and profess hatred don't need religion to aid their cause. They can surely find other insecurities of ignorant masses to capitalize on. Hitler was an atheist, so was Stalin and Changez Khan.

It's the modern notion to blame religion the root of all evil, and becoming quiet fashionable!
      I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
      - Robert McCloskey

Comment

i agree nationa cant just live by materilaism
        and in religious vacum.

Comment

I like atheists they are nice people and most of them are of very peacefull nature.

as far as china is concerned it is a communist state with a large number of muslim population.
          Today, strange as it may seem, Muslims are the most widely distributed of all China's fifty-five formally recognised ethnic minorities. They live in all of China's provinces and have erected mosques in all its major cities. Muslims are China's second largest religious group; they have far outnumbered Christians in China and former Chinese Jews were even sometimes regarded as a sect of Islam.

for more click here.
          http://users.erols.com/ameen/islchina.htm

Comment

I often think why people need religion to kill each other.

Comment

If its not religion then people will find anohter thing to fight over. Its will be a short term thing, eventually people will find other things to hate each other over, there is always land, skin color, differences in oppinion. We are by nature a species always in conflict.

Comment

Working...
              X