Movies About Islam...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movies About Islam...

we have all seen The Message. It needed quite a lot of work, and excluded many of the most important events in the life of the prophet and early Islam. BUt still a very good movie.

Omar Mukhtar: or the Lion Of The Desert. The freedom fighter for the libyans against moussolini and his fascist army

LAwrence of Arabia: well not exactly about Islam, but still.....

i think that The Message was a very good film.

Comment

Omar Mukhtar: or the Lion Of The Desert. The freedom fighter for the libyans against moussolini and his fascist army.

I was just watching that movie yesterday, very good indeed, and he was a great man indeed.

Comment

Bluebell, you speak Arabic right?

Yes, and Anthony Quinn has played so many Muslim roles, that after Omar Mukhtar he decided to keep his beard.
        As far The Message goes, I think thats the only famous movie about Islam and The Prophet.

Comment

lawrence of Arabia is all about the British designs in infusing nationalism among Arabs so that they could be a proxy in their war against the Turks. OK i agree that the turks did some mistakes and since then that the muslims lost their caliphate. i always become sad when i watch it still a very good film.

Ive heard that message is a good film, have yet to watch it.

ps does anyone know, who the lonely bedouin was in lawrence of Arabia who got shot by Omar Shareef for drinking water from his well. correct me if i am wrong but i thought it was Zia Mohiudeen. He is the only well known pak actor in International films.

[This message has been edited by reza khan (edited March 12, 2002).]

Comment

I did watch all of them very good and done quite well

Comment

Omar Al-Mukhtar was a great man indeed, so much manners, so much respect, that even his greatest enemies respected him. He died at the age of 73. I recommend everyone to watch that movie, I have never been emotionally when I watch a movie, but at the end of his movie I did shed a tear, it broke my heart. Allah Ya Rahima, Ameen

For who ever asked, Yes I do speak Arabic but its not my mother tongue, I am Turkish originally.

Comment

ps does anyone know, who the lonely bedouin was in lawrence of Arabia who got shot by Omar Shareef for drinking water from his well. correct me if i am wrong but i thought it was Zia Mohiudeen. He is the only well known pak actor in International films.

Comment

Im gonna rent the movie again soon, maybe i'll see his name in the credits...yup he's pretty much the only Pak that comes in international movies...

Omer Mukhtar's famous words," We'll bever surrender, we'll haver the next generation to fight you, next and next...till your end. As for me i'll live longer than my hanging."

Comment

Sultan you are right, I loved those words, what a great man he was, old but full of wisdom, how did a old man who was a teacher end up becoming who he is today. He also said "we shall fight or we shall die" thats it.

Comment

Indeed The message was a real good movie. A few weeks ago I saw documentary on tv, which REALLY impressed me.. I thought maybe u'd like it to, so if u would like to rent it or sth. It's called: Islam, Empire of faith.

Dunno if u pplz will watch it, or if u've already seen it, but I really liked it...

Take care All
                      =============== Nazo

Comment

Originally posted by reza khan:
                        lawrence of Arabia is all about the British designs in infusing nationalism among Arabs so that they could be a proxy in their war against the Turks. OK i agree that the turks did some mistakes and since then that the muslims lost their caliphate. i always become sad when i watch it still a very good film.

Hi Reza, after reading your comments about this film I wondered how it was a film like and bought a Cd and watched it. According to me the subject of film was totally deliberately prepared false though the form of film was good.omar sharif and antony quinn were perfect. But, firstly I think this film was showing both arabians and turks too much bad. Arabians are beeing presented as pillagers who have not job and only earn with pillaging and they are presented as herds who follows their chiefs and do not know what indivualism means. And also in film Ottoman was giving bribe to them for not fighting with them. Also turks were presented more badly. they are shown as dirty, pervert, scared soldiers and barbarian people. I congraluate hollywood since it again was able to success to show muslims as bad people again!!!. Since armanians in usa are dominant in film sector they usually use their post as a tool to fight with turkey.There many films like these(midnight express, ararat and so on) Reza, I did not feel anything while they showed ottoman soldiers as clowns I only laughed though I know the reality that the most strict soldiers were ottomans at that time. But the scene where ottoman soldiers leaving a arabian village after raiping and killing arabian girls I really got angry. Brother; Ottoman soldiers were the soldiers of khalifa and too much disciplined army. All history books congraluate their justice where they conquer. When they eat apple from tree belonging to a foreign they were hanging gold money instead of apple on tree because they were afraid of ALLAH and they were regarding themselves Muhammadian arm whose aim is to protect muslims. Then how could they rape arabians and kill them that was very cheap propagand. And in film otoman was presented as exploiters, what did they exploit from those deserts?What was the benefit for them to be there? They did not take only tax from there coz they were holy places. Arabians were the first class citizen in ottoman since they were regarded as grandchild of Hz Muhammad (SAW). They got high positions in ottoman army and government.Iraq and Syrian arabs fought near ottoman empires since khalifa opened jihad. But a movement appeared called WAHHABİSM borned in arabian peninsula by the help of British agents and this movement opened a war against ottoman. Also arabian nationalism was triggered by them. And this was the beginning of collapsing khilafet coz in anatolian people thought that İslamism finished since arabians riot and they thought that anymore they can use only turkish nationalism against western occupiers. As a reaction to arabian nationalism turkish nationalism borned. Reza, but there were also ottoman spyes like lawrance who were more heros from lawrance and noone does know their name and they were forgotten (One of them was ESREF KUSCUBASI) They were members of TESKİLAT-I MAHSUSA, Their aim was to spread jihad movement against british arm at that moment. Also they came to India and as I know they contacted with Ali brothers and Maulana in India.These spy's aims were to get all ummah wake up and get their country freedom.There can be a lot of films about them like lawrance but lawrance is lucky since he was british)Reza, also these spys went ache in indenosia, australian middle african and many they set up arms among muslims and thought them how to fight with british.May be also Omar Mukhtar was also a member of Teskilatı mahsusa coz many ottoman officers set up arms among libyan armies in Dobru and Derne in Libya before leaving there. Most of them died many far from homeland and they have got even no a grave. After it was understood that ottoman would be collapsed. They were told that to establish different muslim countries and to be against western occuiers so that the founders of egypt, ıraq, libyans were members of TESKİLAT-I MAHSUSA. Dear friend history is really interesting and complicated but we must be just when we have opinions about past events. I once read a post in here, it was said that turks killed armanians in gaz rooms like nazis. I laughed a lot coz ottoman did not know what gaz rooms at that time and did not develop as much as to do those rooms. I surprised to hear this film was regarded as religious film here. Though director David Lean did a good job and it took 7 prizes of oscar I think it fulls with a lot of deliberately and false subjects. Sherif Hussain's last speech before dieing "we did wrong by rioting against ottoman, british cheated us" We muslims gave jarussalem by our own hands to zionists and now we are getting sorry since israel killers were there. If we struggle with khalife abdulhamit who says "no jew can take even 1 square metre from jarussalem we gained there with our blood and only lose with blood" when zionists offered him to give a lot of money to get there from him, then surely we will lose jarussalam by attacking to him and his arm .Brother turks do a lot of mistakes at the moment but believe me did not do any mistake to arabians brothers and to any muslim brother at that time. those scenes about rapes are the biggest slander. take care...

[This message has been edited by reza khan (edited March 12, 2002).]

Comment

Hi,
                          Nice comments bro!

Comment

Any one remembers "Dawn of Islam" ??

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by reza khan:
                              [B]Hi,
                              Nice comments bro!

Hi, thanx for your kind word bro, I wish success to you in UK. It is also usefull for me to read your posts, I liked them indeed.

Friends did you watch "ASHABI KEHF" ; it is a persian movie, persians do good things at cinema sector. This religious movie became very popular in here. And Mustafa Akkad did MESSAGE film again with Arabian actor and actresses. The actor who acts as Khalid Bin Walid is very successful since the actor is really an Arabian. One point; it is said that in OMAR MUKHTAR in the last scene when he was hanged and martyed his glasses droped and a child took his glaases. It is said that that child is Muammar Kaddafi. May be it comes to you comic but I read this on a newspaper and also Kaddafi was sponsor of that film. If it is true then it is really interesting.

Comment

Working...
                              X