We have become

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have become

Ask yourself this - when u step inside your home after a cold and long night and you enter your bedroom. The food awaits you on the table and your bed calls to you with the softest of pillows and the warmest of blankets. Yet we turn on the news and we here of death, war, depression, attacks, terrorism, hunger, murders, oppression and we here speeches of politicians. And what's the first thing we do, change the channel to something lighter, something aesthetically pleasing, something humorous. FACT.

We have Become; ladies and gents; a nation of cowards. We choose not to listen to the truth because the truth always hurts us. We choose not to speak the truth because we have become so selfish in our lives that we cannot face the lashings that come from the society that we live in. What or who have we become? Movies, theatre, music. Do we ever step into a store and think where the money for buying a product is going?

Ladies and Gents, my purpose is not to make anyone feel guilty or bitter or ashamed. I am in the same boat as you, and as you read this emotional piece of text, I have had only one thing on my mind that I would like to share with you. Struggle for peace but struggle for justice, through ANY means possible. Let us not sit and wait for people to come up with solutions. Let us not talk and discuss, are we so weak that people talk of our own indirect destruction and we listen and choose not to oppose oppression. What a grim day it will be when it happens to our own homes and we will witness the world watching in silence. Stand up and make a change. Stand up and do not be apologetic about your faith and your belief. Do not apologise for your relatively strange ways or thoughts or ways of life. If we falter what then of the generations to come and what answer will we give to our Creator on D day?

Allah is the best of planners.

------------------
    "None of you truly believe until you love for your brother what you love for yourself."

hmmmmmm nice article

Comment

Assalamo Alaikum!

Jazak Allah, brother.

We have reached a stage where we have even stopped feeling for our brothers.

We have to wake up and stand up against aggression, irrespective of where it is.

Wassalam

------------------
      Rabbeshrah lee sadree; wa yassirlee amree; yafqahoo qaulee.

Comment

i wish u were in pakistan mushi.wat was ur age wen u first realized the truth

[This message has been edited by doctornaveeed (edited March 30, 2002).]

Comment

Working...
        X