Women In Mosques...!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Women In Mosques...!!!

Assalam Alaikum Warehmattullahe Wabarakatahu...
    I've a question which is bothering me for a long period.
    Is it allowed in Islam for a woman to offer a namaz in a mosque??

Wassalam.

------------------
    The only Difference between me and a madman is that I m not mad

Yes, of course.
    Muslims are so good at dividing that they can divide the atom. If you see two Muslims, probably they belong to 3 parties.
    Al-Ghazali

Comment

yes as long as there are accomadations for women.

------------------
      Jitna Diya Sarkar Nay Mujko, Itni Meri Auqat Nahi, Yeh Saab Tumhara Karam Hai Aqa, Mujh Mein Aisi Koi Baat Nahin.

Pray OR v tt T FRgv M, Ak Y T FRgv M Ol Hope To Th Hv.
      Rabul MashriqaiN wal MaghribaiN

Comment

What about leading a prayer by women when the gamaaat is women only???

Comment

Originally posted by reza khan:
          I have been taught that when the jamaat consists only of women, then a man cannot lead unless he is the mahrim of one of the women. If not, then a woman must lead prayers.
          Muslims are so good at dividing that they can divide the atom. If you see two Muslims, probably they belong to 3 parties.
          Al-Ghazali

Comment

yeaha, I go to masjid all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by reza khan:
              yeaha, than a woman lead the jamat, but she stands in the center of first row, instead of infront of first row.

Comment

I m not sure... but i thought only male could be Immam.. and here at our mosque women
                pray with men but they have different place and the Immam is Male.

Comment

Originally posted by secret_obsession:
                  yeaha, than a woman lead the jamat, but she stands in the center of first row, instead of infront of first row.

Although I am not sure about this I read somewhere that only men are allowed to lead prayers whether the congregation consists of men or women.

Comment

Well people...

As far as my knowledge goes... A woman can definitly go to a mosque for prayers and if the congregation consists of women only then a woman can be the Imam aswell. Its nothing forbidden or of dispute in nature...

------------------
                    You see, one thing is, I can live with doubt and uncertainty and
                    not knowing. I think it's much more interesting to live not knowing
                    than to have answers which might be wrong.
                    I don't feel frightened not knowing things, by being lost in a
                    mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me.

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by secret_obsession:
                      [B] yeaha, than a woman lead the jamat, but she stands in the center of first row, instead of infront of first row.

and why would that be the case. why can't a woman lead?

the game of snakes and ladders captures the eternal truth that for every ladder there is a snake waiting around the corner. and for every snake there a ladder will compensate.

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by jaanaan:
                        [b]
                        Originally posted by secret_obsession:

and why would that be the case. why can't a woman lead?

they can lead... just because she stands in center of the first row doesn't mena she is not leading the prayer, she is the one who lead and other women follow her.

it is not much different that when a man lead. the only difference is that they stand in different places.
                        and this difference is nothing of concern because there are some differences also in prayer (men & women pray a little differently beased on their gender) and it's just different ... nothing that makes you superior or inferior.

[This message has been edited by secret_obsession (edited March 23, 2002).]

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by EmptyBrain:
                          [B]Well people...

As far as my knowledge goes... A woman can definitly go to a mosque for prayers and if the congregation consists of women only then a woman can be the Imam aswell. Its nothing forbidden or of dispute in nature...

you are right.
                          women can to masjid.

and they can lead the prayer if others are women around them.

Comment

Of course they can go to a Masjid to pray. All the masjids i've been to have seperate sections (including entrances) for women.

Comment

There is nothing against women going to masjids, but it is best for them to pray at home.

A woman can lead a prayer only when the jamaat consists of only females, then a woman can call the aqimah and another can lead, but a woman can't call the adhaan. I've never heard of any special place she has to stand, from my understanding she can stand anywhere in the line, just not infront or apart from the jamaat.

Allah(swt) knows best.

Comment

Working...
                              X