why is marriage in muarram haram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why is marriage in muarram haram

why should the marriage in muharram be harram. i mean what is the significance of it.
    the game of snakes and ladders captures the eternal truth that for every ladder there is a snake waiting around the corner. and for every snake there a ladder will compensate.

I really don't know.. I didn't knew it's haram in muharam...
    I hope somebody can clarify it.

Comment

y should there be ne restriction on marrying in muharram?
      my guess is prolly cuz of the mourning the shi'ite community go through, prolly part of their beliefs. who knows

------------------
      Jitna Diya Sarkar Nay Mujko, Itni Meri Auqat Nahi, Yeh Saab Tumhara Karam Hai Aqa, Mujh Mein Aisi Koi Baat Nahin.

Pray OR v tt T FRgv M, Ak Y T FRgv M Ol Hope To Th Hv.
      Rabul MashriqaiN wal MaghribaiN

Comment

Who says its forbidden?
        Marrying in Muharrum is not forbidden, except for the shi'ites. I know few of my relatives who got married on 10th of Muharram...

------------------
        You see, one thing is, I can live with doubt and uncertainty and
        not knowing. I think it's much more interesting to live not knowing
        than to have answers which might be wrong.
        I don't feel frightened not knowing things, by being lost in a
        mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me.

Comment

I don't think marriage is haraam in moharram. In many societies, including Pakistan, muslims do not generally marry in Moharram out of deferrence to the shi'ite community, because shi'ites are in a state of mourning during the month of Moharram.

At one time, just to prove this point, Dr Israr Ahmed married his son (or daughter) right on 10 Moharram, and a lot of people considered it a bad choice.

To each his own.

Comment

as people said its not haraam to marry in Muharram....
            infact there is no time/day/month when marriage or other activity is haraam....
            killing and fighting (wars) is not allowed in the "ash'har-al-hurum" and Muharram is one of those 4 months when killing or blood-shedding is not allowed....

------------------
            "Our Lord! forgive us our sins and anything we may have done that transgressed our duty; establish our feet firmly and help us against those that resist faith." Quran(3:147)
            Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

Muharram marraiges in Pakitan normally do not happen as there is no way they can do the hoo-haa i.e. mehndi/mayoon.. the hindu practices .. during muharram..

as the Shi'a would come and beat the heck out of you.. well not really.. more to do with being a good neighbour.. and not trampling on others feelings.

oh yeah.. my cuzz just got marries yesterday .. in muharram.. so just proving that they are not haraam.

In arabian countries they actually encourage it to be held in Muharram as it is a holy month.

[This message has been edited by blackzero (edited March 24, 2002).]

Comment

Wedding in the month of Moharram is not haraam. Desi people just dont do it because they want to respect its historic and importance. But for shia's, i have heard its haraam thought I am not sure. I know few relatives who are so much against shia's that they got their kids wedding on 9th or 10th Muharram. Anyways, its not haraam but if u do wanna get married then u better do it quitely with no halla gulla cuz we should not hurt other people's feeling just for our whims and desires..

------------------
                "One mood, all the time"

Comment

Is it haram to like something that the holy prophet (pbuh) of islam hated ?

If your answer to that is yes, then you will realize that on the 10th of Muharram, the grandson of the holy prophet (pbuh) was brutally massacred by the Yazidite forces.

The prophet's (pbuh) saying that "Hussain is from me and I am from Hussain" is a well documented hadith in our ahl-sunnat hadith books.

To celebrate a wedding on a day when the blood of the prophet's (pbuh) family was spilt shows exactly how much respect one has for the holy prophet (pbuh) and his family.

It is stated in quran-e-majid that the holy prophet (pbuh) asked nothing in return for his apostleship except love of his kindred. And here, we talk of no other kindred other then Hazrat Imam Hussain (as), who the prophet (pbuh) took and loved as his (pbuh) own son. An individual who sacrificed his life and family for our Islam.

To pick the month of Muharram for marraige, especially the 9th and 10th day, is especially despicable when any of the other 330 days could have been chosen.

May Allah (swt) save us from any action that would anger our prophet (pbuh).

------------------
                  (The Wizard in Grey)

[This message has been edited by Gandalf (edited March 24, 2002).]

Comment

It is stated in quran-e-majid that the holy prophet (pbuh) asked nothing in return for his apostleship except love of his kindred
                    be so kind and give us a reference. Thanks a lot.

------------------
                    There is No Spoon
                    JaddoN kaddya jaloos ghareeba tay shehr ich choatalee lug gayee

Comment

A simple question for the ppl who been answering to this thread, Do they agree that Hazrat Imam Hussain and Imam Hasan (AS) R "The Sardaran-e-jannat" !!!
                      Just yes or No!!

Comment

It doesnt matter in the end does it? But I wouldnt marry in Muharram NOT for respecting Shia ect. But because I respect the ahlul-bayt and wouldnt dare dream of celebrating on the day of thier greatest sorrow.....

Comment

Originally posted by Shah Jahan:
                          It doesnt matter in the end does it? But I wouldnt marry in Muharram NOT for respecting Shia ect. But because I respect the ahlul-bayt and wouldnt dare dream of celebrating on the day of thier greatest sorrow.....
                          hmmm do your respect them more than the Prophet himself???

why do people marry in the month the Prophet died?? Wasn't it a day of greatest sorrow for the entire Ummah??

------------------
                          There is No Spoon
                          JaddoN kaddya jaloos ghareeba tay shehr ich choatalee lug gayee

Comment

Originally posted by mm10:
                            A simple question for the ppl who been answering to this thread, Do they agree that Hazrat Imam Hussain and Imam Hasan (AS) R "The Sardaran-e-jannat" !!!
                            Just yes or No!!
                            Do you agree that Hadhrat 'Aisha (May Allah be pleased with her ) is the Mother of All Believers (Umm al-Mu'mineen) and was also the most beloved wife of the Holy Prophet (S) ?

Do you agree that Hadhrat Abu Bakr (R) was the best friend of the Holy Prophet (S) ?

Do not try to use emotional blackmailing to justify your beliefs.

Making a law that marrying in Muharram is haraam is bid'ah.

Comment

Originally posted by PakistaniAbroad:
                              be so kind and give us a reference. Thanks a lot.

Hi,

There are actually 3 verses in quran-e-majid which talks of loving the prophet's (pbuh) family and the reward that we will get for that. They are the following:

[Shakir 42:23] Say: I do not ask of you any reward for it but love for my near relatives; and whoever earns good, We give him more of good therein; surely Allah is Forgiving, Grateful.

[Shakir 34:47] Say: Whatever reward I have asked of you, that is only for yourselves; my reward is only with Allah, and He is a witness of all things.

[Shakir 25:57] Say: I do not ask you aught in return except that he who will, may take the way to his Lord.

Also, as a natural extension of this topic, a muslim who loves the holy prophet (pbuh) would not get married or hold a marriage ceremony on the death anniversary of the prophet of islam as well. This goes without saying.

We, as muslims, should also realize the brutally of the killings that the Syrian forces inflicted in Hazrat Imam Hussain (as). The sacrifice of Hazrat Imam Hussain (as) and his family for the religion of Allah and his grandfather (pbuh) are unmatched in Islam.

As members of ahl-sunnat, it is our duty to give the utmost respect to our beloved prophet (pbuh) and to his beloved family.

----The Wizard speaks on when necessary----

Comment

Working...
                              X