Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IS IT ALOWWED IN HINDUISM TO MARRY YOUR NIECE ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IS IT ALOWWED IN HINDUISM TO MARRY YOUR NIECE ??

Will Mr. Andhra reply plz.

is it allowed in hinduism to marry your sister's daughter??

As far as i know it is a common practice in Tamilian hindus?

please stick to the topic.

------------------
    ganjay se panga na lay

yes. it is a dravidian practise . north
    indians dont do that.

Comment

Yes. It is practiced in Andhra too.
      But it is reallr rare now. Like both families have to be poor and backward!!!

Comment

It is practiced in some other cultures as well. It is allowed in judihsiam .
        Hitler's favorite lover was his niece.

Comment

OK this is SICK, and they make fun of Muslims because we marry our cuz, oh my god.

Comment

yea this is pretty sick, i have met Hindu guys here in london and they tease us that we marry our sisters (cusions)...
            i didnt know that before otherwise I would have answered them better.

------------------
            End is Begining!
            پاکستان پاکستان

Comment

Originally posted by Shak killS:
              yea this is pretty sick, i have met Hindu guys here in london and they tease us that we marry our sisters (cusions)...
              i didnt know that before otherwise I would have answered them better.

if they call marrying cousions , marrying sisters, than marrying nieces should be like marrying daughters....

Comment

Not just that who you sould consider marriageable relation is opposite for Muslims and Hindus.

Hindus consider Father's brother's daughter as Sister and not marriageable while Muslims don't.

Hindus consider Father's Sister's daughter as marriageable and Muslims don't!!

It is true as far as my State is concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by Andhra:

Hindus consider Father's Sister's daughter as marriageable and Muslims don't!!

It is true as far as my State is concerned.
                  WRONG.
                  Muslims consider:
                  Mother's brother's or sister's daughters, sons marriageable
                  Father's brother's or sister's daughters, sons marriageable

------------------
                  May Allah SWT guide us all towards right and help us follow the right

[This message has been edited by Changez_like (edited March 21, 2002).]

Comment

>>Mother's brother's or sister's daughters, sons marriageable
                    Father's brother's or sister's daughters, sons marriageable<<

I think that is where we split.

Mother's brother's kids , Father's Sister's kids - Marriageable Sets. They are Uncle's Daughters/Sons/

Mother's Sister's Kids, Father's Brother's Kids - Considered Brothers and Sisters.

Comment

I meant that your knowledge on this issue about Islam is wrong.

------------------

Comment

Well, It is just Muslim practices in my area!!
                        Maybe not Islam as such. Who knows!!

Comment

Originally posted by Andhra:
                          Well, It is just Muslim practices in my area!!
                          Maybe not Islam as such. Who knows!!
                          If what you said about Muslims changing faith (consider paternal uncle's kids un-marriageble) then it really shows how Islam got corrupted in the sub-continent.... this is what happens when Muslims look at culture more closely than religion and favor it.

------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Gunja-Punga:
                            is it allowed in hinduism to marry your sister's daughter??

As far as i know it is a common practice in Tamilian hindus?
                            Did anyone notice that it is Gunja-Punga's FIRST post ???

Nice beginning bro...hehe

Comment

effect of cousin marriage in pakistan
                              is discussed in this article.

Cousin-marriages main cause of abnormal births

Cousin-marriages main cause of abnormal births

By A Reporter

ISLAMABAD, Nov 14: Lack of medical facilities, awareness and cousin marriages are main causes of abnormal births in the country.

This was stated by Chief Executive on Science and Technology, Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan at a seminar on "Awareness in Society for the Needs of Special Children", on Wednesday.

"We have to break away from tradition of "intermarriages" in our society to have a healthy new generation," he said.

Organized by Care for Special Persons (CFSP) Foundation, participants of the seminar discussed the attitudinal changes toward special children in our society which need to be transformed to make them an active part of our society.

He was satisfied over the attitudinal change towards handicapped in our society. "It is encouraging to see special children accompanying their parents at public places," Dr Qadeer said.

He said we should see how special children are taken care of in the West. It is forbidden in the West to marry cousins unless certain prescribed medical tests are carried out to rule out hereditary complications.

There should be facilities for medical tests before cousin marriages at private level if not government level to avoid abnormal births in our country.

Chairman CFSP Mr Iqtidar urged on the audience to help organizations working for the welfare of the handicaps. His son suffers from MRC and said, he was aware of the care and supervision required to bring up a handicapped child.

In 1990, there were no institutions in Islamabad from where one could get guidance to deal with special children. In 1992 we established CFSP and despite scarcity of funds we are running it successfully, he said.

Principal CFSP, Ms Hina said, we have 40 students. Most of them belong to low income groups. They do not pay a single rupee, instead we help them in terms of books, cloths and boarding.

We have a physio and speech therapist. Presently our main problem is transport and lack of space. We have only one van that provides pick and drop facility throughout the day which consumes lot of time and fuel, she stated. Children have been refused admission in CFSP due to resource crunch. The foundation plans to make a hospital for special children but this depends on availability of resources, she added.

Dr Laeeq, an expert on special education regretted the apathetic attitude of people towards special children. People need basic knowledge to deal with handicapped people.

The Unicef representative, Ms Khalida Yusuf said children with disabilities need to be handled according to their needs and requirements and the family is responsible to facilitate their learning process.

http://www.dawn.com/2001/11/15/nat32.htm

Comment

Working...
                              X