Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Allama Iqbal sayings about Imam Hussain (a.s.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allama Iqbal sayings about Imam Hussain (a.s.)

Sir Muhammad Iqbal the National Poet of Pakistan says:
    Imam Husayn uprooted despotism forever till the Day of Resurrection. He watered the dry garden of freedom with the surging wave of his blood, and indeed he awakened the sleeping Muslim nation. If Imam Husayn had aimed at acquiring a worldly empire, he would not have traveled the way he did (from Medina to Karbala). Husayn weltered in blood and dust for the sake of truth. Verily he, therefore, became the bed-rock (foundation) of the Muslim creed; la ilaha illa Allah (There is no god but Allah).

Ronay wala hoon Shaheed-e-Kerbala key gham men main,
    Kya durey maqsad na dengey Saqiye Kausar mujhey

I am one who weeps at the plight of the Martyr of Kerbala
    Won't the reward be given to me by the Keeper of Kauser Allama Iqbal in his Baqiyat (in Urdu)

KHWAJA MOINUDDIN CHISTI (RA)says:

He gave his head, but did not put his hand into the hands of Yazid. Verily, Husayn is the foundation of la ilaha illa Allah. Husayn is lord and the lord of lords. Husayn himself is Islam and the shield of Islam. Though he gave his head (for Islam) but never pledged Yazid. Truly Husayn is the founder of "There is no Deity except Allah."

Shah ast Hussain, Badshah ast Hussain,
    Deen ast Hussain, Deen e Panah ast Hussain,
    Sar dad, na dad dast, dar dast-e-yazeed,
    Haqaa key binaey La ila ast Hussain

It's Hussain the Prince, it's Hussain the king,
    He is Faith, and Faith's Defender most daring,
    He preferred death to Yazid's allegiance,
    With his blood, Islam has verily been living.

May I ask what was Iqbal, I mean was he shia or sunni? Just wanted to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluebell:
      May I ask what was Iqbal, I mean was he shia or sunni? Just wanted to know.

Allama Iqbal was a SUNNI, but said lots of shaeri in the honour of Ahlul Bayt and Imam (as), since both are recognized by Shia and Sunnis alike.

"And those who oppress shall see what kind of outcome overturns them." [26:227] Al-Quran

Comment

I M NOT GOING TO OPEN NEW DEBATE ON, WHETHER IQBAL WAS SHIA OR SUNNI BUT ONE THING THAT IS VERY CLEAR THAT HE WAS A FOLLOWER OF IMAM HUSSAIN (a.s.). IN HIS BOOK "BAQIAT" HE SAYS THAT "I M THE ONE WHO WEEPS ON THE INCIDENT OF KARBALA".

Comment

Working...
        X