Who was the kaaba built by?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who was the kaaba built by?

I hear some muslims say that the kaaba was built by the prophet Abraham and some others like you to believe that it was prophet Mohammed who was directly comanded by Allah to build a house for Him. Could somebody tell me please which is the true story?

from what i can remember

Prophet Adam made it
    then it was reconstructed by Abraham and his son
    then Mohammad reconstructed it again.

I'm not entirely sure so don't quote me on it.

------------------
    Jitna Diya Sarkar Nay Mujko, Itni Meri Auqat Nahi, Yeh Saab Tumhara Karam Hai Aqa, Mujh Mein Aisi Koi Baat Nahin.

Pray OR v tt T FRgv M, Ak Y T FRgv M Ol Hope To Th Hv.
    Rabul MashriqaiN wal MaghribaiN

Comment

Prophet Abraham.

It was restored many times.
      "A woman has got to be able to say, and not feel guilty, 'Who am I, and what do I want out of life?' She mustn't feel selfish and neurotic if she wants goals of her own, outside of husband and children"

Comment

Originally posted by CocoNut:
        from what i can remember

Prophet Adam made it
        then it was reconstructed by Abraham and his son
        then Mohammad reconstructed it again.

I'm not entirely sure so don't quote me on it.

Now I'm even more confused, before I had been told that it was either Prophet Abraham or Prophet Mohammed, but now you are saying that it was prophet Adam.

And if prophet Adam did make it, where did he get the labour force from? Surely he could'nt have done it just with the help of Eve and their children!

Comment

Let me explain.
          Kaba shareef was not the way it is today. It was just made up of suing wet mudd. It was re-constructed many times. Even when Prophet Muhammad(s.a.w) constructed it again, still it looked diff,but muslims keep constructing it again and again.Its the place in particular we respect,that particular spot. The structure doesn't matter.Its not for worshipping that it should be given a particular look. It is made better and better so that when muslims from around the world come there,they feel confortable and won't have hard time performing hajj,coz the number of muslim converts is multiplying every year jazak-Allah
          i hope,you understand now???
          But yea,Hazrat Adam(a.s) was the first person/prophet who was told about that particular spot.

------------------
          Parde ilm hazaar kitaaba...kaddee apnai aap nu parya naee.." BULLEY SHAH

Comment

THere you go Banta Singh Saab. Adam built it with mud.
            Makes a lot of sense. He can't use reinforced concrete after all.

Anyway what's so special about that spot?

Isn't it supposed to be the center of the Earth or Universe or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Masooma:
              But yea,Hazrat Adam(a.s) was the first person/prophet who was told about that particular spot.

[/B]
              Well Masooma, assuming that what you say is right and Baba Adam did in fact build it with mud then you have to agree that there is a spot on this planet where the father of all men and women of this world is associated with. Is not then true to say that the Muslims are being very narrow minded and mean for not allowing all the other decendents of Baba Adam to visit the holy site?

But if on the other hand it was Prophet Abraham who built it first then IMHO Muslims again are being very narrow minded and mean to not permit Jews and Christians to visit the site where God had instructed a Prophet of Jews, Christians and Muslims to build a house for him?

I think the entry to Makka should be open to people of all faiths if as you say that it was first built by Baba Adam. Don't you think?

Did you know that Makka must be the only religious place where the doors are only open to one religion. All the Churches, synagogs, Mandirs and Gurudwaras have open entry for all and sundry as long as you show respect. Anybody can go to the Golden Temple as long as you cover your head and take your shoes off.

Comment

or Caaba (both: kb or kb) (KEY) [Arab.,=cube], the central, cubic, stone structure, covered by a black cloth, within the Great Mosque in Mecca, Saudi Arabia. The sacred nature of the site predates Islam: tradition says that the Kaaba was built by Adam and rebuilt by Abraham and the descendants of Noah. Also known as the House of God, it is the center of the circumambulations performed during the hajj, and it is toward the Kaaba that Muslims face in their prayers (see liturgy, Islamic). Pre-Islamic Meccans used it as a central shrine housing their many idols, most notable of which were al-Lat, al-Uzza, and Manat, collectively known as al-Gharaniq or the Daughters of God, and Hubal, a martial deity. The Black Stone, possibly of meteoric origin, is located at one of its outside corners. Also dating from pre-Islamic times as a heavenly relic, this stone is venerated and ritually kissed. Worn hollow by the centuries of veneration, the stone is held together by a wide silver band. The actual structure of the Kaaba has been demolished and rebuilt several times in the course of its history. Around the Kaaba is a restricted area, haram, extending in some directions as far as 12 mi, into which only Muslims may enter.

Comment

Originally posted by Banta Singh:
                  Well Masooma, assuming that what you say is right and Baba Adam did in fact build it with mud then you have to agree that there is a spot on this planet where the father of all men and women of this world is associated with. Is not then true to say that the Muslims are being very narrow minded and mean for not allowing all the other decendents of Baba Adam to visit the holy site?

But if on the other hand it was Prophet Abraham who built it first then IMHO Muslims again are being very narrow minded and mean to not permit Jews and Christians to visit the site where God had instructed a Prophet of Jews, Christians and Muslims to build a house for him?

I think the entry to Makka should be open to people of all faiths if as you say that it was first built by Baba Adam. Don't you think?

Did you know that Makka must be the only religious place where the doors are only open to one religion. All the Churches, synagogs, Mandirs and Gurudwaras have open entry for all and sundry as long as you show respect. Anybody can go to the Golden Temple as long as you cover your head and take your shoes off.

This is not true.. any body is welcomed there.. that place is for praying to Allah if any body wana do it he is most welcomed.
                  u are also welcomed if u wana pray to Allah and say LAILLAHAILLAHA MUHAMMADUR RASOOLULA

"TAKBEER.........ALLAH AKBAR"

Comment

oh Gosh,banta singh ji ai ki gal hoie...you asked a different question before.
                    Alright,now lets get to the point.Your complaint about muslims being narow minded is not very accurate. Im not sure about the year,but there is a backgroud to why non-muslims,may it be jewish/christains or hindu etc,are not allowed to enter makka and madeena. Makka where kaba is,and madeena where the mizaar shareef of hazrat muhammad(s.a.w) is. Both places which are very sacred to whole muslim ummah,once was open for everyone to come to. It was during the khilafat of a king,(i'm soooooooo sorry i forgot the year and the kings name)that few non muslims came to madeena and pretended to be muslims so that they can enter hazrat muhammad(s.a.w)'s tomb. They were two non-muslim friends who use to read namaaz,tasi whole day long showing that they are sitting there and praying,but at night the were digging a passage underground which was directing towards our prophets grave. The khalifah started having dreams,and i think it was the seventh day when the guys almost reached our prophets feet,the khalifah saw hazoor (s.a.w) and hazrat muhammad(saw) told the khalifah to go and investigate about those men.Next morning khalifah investigated and found that those men were nonmuslims and were trying to take the body of hazrat muhammad(s.a.w) so that they could disrespect it. The men were punished in accordence to the law of the state and after that it was restricted for any non-muslim to enter makka or madeena.
                    I hope i answered your question. This act is to avoid any possible situation which could cause any harm to the two most sacred places of muslim ummah.

You were saying,all the relegious places of other relegions are open for all visitors,same here dear. Masjids are open for everyone. When we talk about makka,or madeena, these places mean more than a place of worship for muslims,we can not take any chance which can cause any situation under which any disrespect is shown. In madeena, we have the tomb of our prophet(Saw) and in makka its the House of ALLAH.
                    We want it to be as safe as possible. Rest is on Allah. He takes care of everything.

------------------
                    Parde ilm hazaar kitaaba...kaddee apnai aap nu parya naee.." BULLEY SHAH

[This message has been edited by Masooma (edited March 23, 2002).]

Comment

Could somebody tell me please which is the true story?

Ibrahim says; Greetings of Peace to one and all,

Dear Banta Singh,

I do not know whether this will be of any help to you, but since you have interest in the House of God or Navadvaare Pure as it was known in the past to hindus was the place hindus made pilgrimage to originally. In current times this pilgrimage has been relocated to within India since only Muslims will visit the original Navadvaare Pure ( city of nine gates) .

The hindu scriptures refers to a city with 9 gates and 8 circuits where God is embodied within (The House of God) and researchers had identified this as the Kaabah in Makkah . For your info Brahma was actually Prophet Ibrahim (pbuh) . The name had been altered in Hinduism and the teachings have been changed in Hinduism to suit the masses which I am sure you are well awrae of. This is similar to Christians converting Prophet Eesa (pbuh) into Jesus Christ to suit their purpose.

Lets look at these texts in the Veda ( sruti or timeless and beyond corruption scripts in Hinduism)

Atharva Veda X, 2, 28: [On Kabah]

Whether it is built high, its walls are in a straight line or not, but God is seen in every corner of it. He who knows the House of God, knows it because God is remembered there.

The Kabah is not exactly cubical and its sides are not of the same length. The Holy Sanctuary (Haram) of which Kaabah is at the center remains open day and night throughout the year and it is always filled with people praying to Allah (the One True God). Muslims face toward it during prayer forming circle in the Haram (Holy House) and the circle extends out in this manner throughout the planet Earth.

Atharva Veda X, 2, 31:[On Holy Sanctuary (House) and Kabah]

This abode of the angels has eight circuits and nine gates. It is unconquerable, there is eternal life in it and it is resplendent with Divine light.

The holy sanctuary (Haram) of which Kabah is at the center remains open day and night throughout the year and it is always filled with people praying and supplicating to Allah (the One True God). It has remained unconquerable. Abraha Al-Ashram, the Abbysinian viceroy of Yemen, tried to demolish it in 570 CE with a strong army and hordes of elephants but was prevented from entering the city (Holy precinct). The people of Makkah had decided not to defend the Ka'bah, fled the city and took refuge in nearby hills overlooking Ka'bah. By Allahs Command, the 'Abaabeel' (flying creatures, birds) pelted stones at Abraha's army and decimated it, leaving them like green crops devoured by cattle. This incident is described in the Surah (chapter) 105 of the Quran. The year 570 CE is popularly known by the Arabs as The year of the Elephant, and Prophet Muhammad was born in that year.

Dr. Vidyarthi points out the following facts. The House of God has nine gates - Baab-e-Ibrahim (Abraham) , Baab-al-Wedaa, Baab-as-Safa, Baab-e-Ali, Baab-e-Abbas, Baab-un-Nabi, Baab-as-Salaam, Baab-az-Ziyarat, and Baab-e-Haram. Further, the eight circuits are the natural lines enclosing the areas between the surrounding hills, the names of which are: Jabal-e-Khaleej, Jabal-e-Qaiqaon, Jabal-e-Hindi, Jabal-e-Laalaa, Jabal-e-Keda, Jabal-e-Abu Hadidah, Jabal-e-Abi Qabees, and Jabal-e-Umar.

Atharva Veda X, 2, 33: [On Abraham and more on Holy Sanctuary and Kabah]

Brahma (Abraham) stayed in this abode which is illumined by heavenly light and covered with Divine blessings. It is the place that gives (spiritual) life to the people and is unconquerable.

The Kabah was built by Prophets Abraham and Ismail. It has remained unconquerable as explained in the preceding verse. Many verses of the Holy Quran and of the Old Testament in the Bible describe the divine blessings in this Holy house.
                      For a full treatment of some hindu scriptures and their relation to Islam kindly visit http://www.islam-mauritius.org/hindunislam.htm"

In addition to texts found in the veda, the under mentioned texts found in the SVETASVATARA UPANISHAD goes one step further to establish the Kabah as the house of God ( as it was known in the past)

chapter 3:
                      17. Separate from all the senses, yet reflecting the qualities of all the senses, it is the lord and ruler of all, it is the great refuge of all.
                      18. The embodied spirit within the town with nine gates, the bird, flutters outwards, the ruler of the whole world, of all that rests and of all that moves.
                      19. Grasping without hands, hasting without feet, he sees without eyes, he hears without ears. He knows what can be known, but no one knows him; they call him the first, the great person .

For further reference visit http://www.hinducentral.com/Hinducen...0UPANISHAD.htm

hence the City called Navadvaare Pure , meaning in the place where there are nine gates , has been clearly identified as the Kabah in Makkah.

Now the question is why would the Hindu scriptures have such mention of the Kabah if they were actually considered an eastern religion having no relation with Islam?

that would be what you have to ponder for yourself, mind you the pilgrimage that Hindus do in India have a number of things including picking up pebbles which are fundamentally done by Muslims in Makkah when they are involved in their annual pilgrimage.

Regards
                      Ibrahim

dont think about who you have been. Who have you decided to become?

Comment

ibrahim i uderstand your point. can you explian nirguna and nasthikam?

Comment

Ibrahim,
                          I think Banta Singh bhai here is a SIkh.
                          Even otherwise, you copy cat, twisted Hindu Scripture quotations pasted from Hate-Hindu Web Sites won't help anybody.

I think you will do well to stick to Islamic scriptures.

And please answer his question.
                          I find the practical aspect of the first building by first human, very interesting!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Andhra:
                            Ibrahim,

And please answer his question.
                            I find the practical aspect of the first building by first human, very interesting!!!

Exactly, a place which is associated with the forefather of us all, Baba Adam should be open to all the humanity.

I understand what Masooma says about what these two bad non muslim guys did but should every non muslim person have to be shutt out automatically from such a holy place for all humans? On that basis then should the US Government automatically ban all Muslims from the US just because the attackers of the World Trade Centre were Muslims?

I would dearly love to pay a visit to the holy site of the Kaaba, not because I should have to be a muslim and that it was built by the Prophet of Islam but because I'm a human and that the first human and the father of us all was associated with the site.

The reason I had asked the question about who was the Kaaba built by was because I get different answers to my question all the time. My reasoning is this,

If Prophet Mohammed was the only person associated with the holy site then I will not consider the muslims being mean and narrow minded if they wanted not to allow the non muslims in.

If Prophet Abraham was also associated with the holy site then I see no reason why the Jews and Christians are not allowed. After all Prophet Abraham is just as dear to them as to the Muslims.

But If as I now hear that the holy site is actually associated with Babaji Adam, the father of all humanity then the doors of the Kaaba should be open to every human.

Yes offcourse, you get some bad people amongst us, who can think of nothing but destruction an damage but they should be caught and dealt with but how petty minded to ban all non muslims just because there were two badly behaved non muslims, centuries ago.

Offcourse, different arrangements can be made if the holy site was to be opened to all the 6 billion people on the planet rather than just 1 billion now. May be Muslims only should be allowed during the time of the Hajj but non muslims could be allowed at some other times to visit the holy site.

You can not imagine the spititual fullfilment and satisfaction I will get if I could feel the touch of the dust of the site where Babaji Adam walked but at the same time stay the follower of Babaji Nanak.

Comment

Exactly, a place which is associated with the forefather of us all, Baba Adam should be open to all the humanity.

Ibrahim says: greetings of peace to one and all

Dear Banta Singh ,

Firstly I was answering to your first question earlier, provided you had the wisdom to understand such matters., now you have changed the question , so let me address this new question

That spot where the first alter for the worship of Allah,( the one and only Creator) was constructed by Adam ( aka 1st Manu in Hinduism ) which would be destroyed in the flood at the time of Prophet Nuh (aka the 7th Manu in hinduism) was later rebuilt by Prophet Ibrahim (aka Brahma in Hinduism) [peace be upon them all] as stated in the Atharva Veda as quoted in my earlier post on this thread.

This spot was accepted by Allah and blessed by HIM for all generations and sanctified by prophet Muhammad [pbuh] after its final cleaning of idols from it, as such it became a place of security for MUSLIMS and in its vicinity mankind are called to assemble once a year ( Arafat at the time of hajj) to attest to their faith in God.

Thus fundamentally this house belongs to God and not any mans personal property and those who are entitled visits are those that are clean and submissive to Allah alone , others are forbidden by God to visit such places.

So I am sorry, you will not qualify, if you chose to follow others blindly, your passport to visit such places will be given freely when you accept Allah as your ONLY Creator and submit to Him only, sincerely.

The commandment for restricting non believers to this site was given by God, which can be understood by reading the following verse.

9: 28 O ye who believe! truly the pagans are unclean; so let them not after this year of theirs approach the Sacred Mosque. And if ye fear poverty soon will Allah enrich you if He wills out of his bounty for Allah is All-Knowing All-Wise.

Ibrahim says : So I am sorry that you will not be allowed by those who believe in Allah, unless they have willfully decided to disobey God in order to please people like you.

Regards
                              Ibrahim

we are all travelers on the same journey- but some travelers have better road maps use my road map and you will get passport to visit Makkah, if that is what you want.

Comment

Working...
                              X