Psychology of Islam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Psychology of Islam

Islam has two aspects. Peace and violence, or we can say in reverse, that is violence and peace. A majority of Muslim followers believe that Islam is the only peaceful religion, because they are told so since birth, at Madrisa and by Islamic scholars, as most of the quranic verses define so.
    They also know that there is a kafir or kufr community away from Islam. Sometimes a kafir is just a non believer, and most of the time one who does not believe in Allah and does not believe in the supremacy of Prophet, or does not accept that the Prophet is the only apostle of Allah is a kafir.
    And converting this kafir to the path of Allah is a divine job, and if not converting, then finishing these enemies of Allah, the holy prophet calls them pagana, also come under the divine job.
    It seems that the quranic peace differs from just peace.

Can we expect a liberal thought among Muslims? Supremacy of the Prophet is unchallenged. Defection attracts the law of blasphemy.
    Since the Prophet days till date Islam is the most misunderstood religion. May be the culmination of Islamic violence is in WTC attack, may be not. In some Islamic countries people were just dancing over the killings of the WTC attack. They forgot that on 11/09 tragedy people of all races, religion and countries were killed together.

May be someone will tell us why Islam is so misunderstood religion or may be is well understood?

When one says that Islam is a peaceful religion, it means that Islam propagates peace. Not the way Gandhi did, but the way its supposed to be. Peace can be achieved only after justice is dispensed properly. If justice is dispensed, peace will follow. Lack of justice will result in lack of peace.

Lack of justice in Kashmir has led to the kashmiris uprising against indians aggression and occupation. Same holds true for Palestine. An occupied nation will undoubtedly resist, and Islam allows that. The concept of peace is very relative.

Is America a peace loving country? Sure, thats what everyone would like you to believe. But they are engaged in a number of conflicts around the world at this time, all of them initiated by them. These aggressions are being accepted around the world as acts of self defense, acts that were prompted by terrorism. Hence, George Bush manages to get a nomination for a Nobel Peace Prize even as he has his hands dripping with blood. So what keeps you from understanding the logic behind the self defense strategies adopted by muslims around the world? They too, after all, are done as a way to safeguard their freedom.

Islam is a peaceful religion. You will have to prove it otherwise, if you want answers. Its pretty clear to me that self defense and protection of your freedom do not fall in the category of peacelessness If you have other examples, please do cite them, and perhaps someone will be able to answer those for you accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by anand:
      And converting this kafir to the path of Allah is a divine job, and if not converting, then finishing these enemies of Allah, the holy prophet calls them pagana, also come under the divine job.
      It seems that the quranic peace differs from just peace.
      I wouldnt know where you got that from. Converting someone back to Islam is indeed a very rewarding experience, but in the non-event, Islam does NOT call for finishing them off, as u put it. For non-believers, those who fail to agree with the Islamic point of view, Allah SWT clearly says in the Quran, to you yours, and to me mine. Simple enough.

Confronting a non-muslim with force can be mandated under other circumstances, but certainly not just because he/she wouldnt convert to Islam.

Comment

aik tou mujay ye samaj nahi aati why do they keep saying the same points over and over again? Do u hindus think you can convince us by any arguments of yours? Islam means much more than peace and voilence ...its a complete way of life and Its NOT misunderstood.

Islam means salaamanty. (no voilence mind u)What you people are is a group of stuck ups who have found more to say after 11/9 continuously. Only argument you have is that Islam means killing innocents. One way or the other you must already have heard people telling you what Islam is really about(a million times).But may be you don't want to believe them..let me tell you again It's not about voilence. Its about peace and living lives in the best manners. Naturally its my religion and my opinion will seem biased to you but until you observe Islam or understand whats it about you can't just keep on bit*hing about how much voilence it is causing.

Islam bothers you so much that you just can NOT help saying useless stuff about it.

I still know you wont get it.

Comment

What is wrong in finding the psycho aspects of Islam?

Sometimes I just think what was there in the minds of highjackers while hitting the planes to the WTC towers.
          Am I wrong if they were just looking a heaven after the hit and death, the same heaven that is promised to them since their childhood?

Pls do not tell me that it was a game planned by the Jew lobby, or the al queda terrorists, Osama or Mulla Omar are all Jews.

I have questioned the psycho impacts of Islam, as well as the quran.

It is my turn to ask you people to read quran. All aspects of violence overriding the peace notions are there, just try to read it like a reader and not like a follower. You will find a lot.

Comment

anand, u read it as a reader and happy with what u got????
            then why ask us????
            Islam is not misunderstood....
            its people like u who read it wrong, take it wrong and then try to put it wrong....
            but believe me, a million or a bilion ppl like u cud not defame the word of Allah....
            its been there now for over 1400 years and ppl like u have been trying to prove it wrong from day 1....
            so go ahead and enjoy what u think is right....

Quran 47:23-35
            23) Such are the men whom Allah has cursed for He has made them deaf and blinded their sight.
            24) Do they not then earnestly seek to understand the Qur'an or are their hearts locked up by them?
            25) Those who turn back as apostates after Guidance was clearly shown to them the Evil One has instigated them and buoyed them up with false hopes.
            26) This because they said to those who hate what Allah has revealed "We will obey you in part of (this) matter"; but Allah knows their (inner) secrets.
            27) But how (will it be) when the angels take their souls at death and smite their faces and their backs?
            28) This because they followed that which called forth the Wrath of Allah and they hated Allah's good pleasure; so He made their deeds of no effect.
            29) Or do those in whose hearts is a disease think that Allah will not bring to light all their rancor?
            30) Had We so willed We could have shown them up to thee and thou shouldst have known them by their marks: but surely thou wilt know them by the tone of their speech! And Allah knows All that ye do.
            31) And We shall try you until We test those among you who strive their utmost and persevere in patience; and We shall try your reported (mettle).
            32) Those who reject Allah hinder (men) from the Path of Allah and resist the Apostle after Guidance has been clearly shown to them will not injure Allah in the least but He will make their deeds of no effect.
            33) O ye who believe! obey Allah and obey the Apostle and make not vain your deeds!
            34) Those who reject Allah and hinder (men) from the Path of Allah then die rejecting Allah Allah will not forgive them.
            35) Be not weary and faint-hearted crying for peace. When ye should be Uppermost: for Allah is with you and will never put you in loss for your (good) deeds.

------------------
            "Our Lord! forgive us our sins and anything we may have done that transgressed our duty; establish our feet firmly and help us against those that resist faith." Quran(3:147)
            Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

It is my turn to ask you people to read quran.
              LoL
              hey buddy +are u sure muslims have anything to do with quran?

Comment

Just have a look at the verses of quran our friend ‘armughal’ has provided for people like us.
                Till the day I came across the verses of quran I was under impression that Allah was merciful for all. But it was not so. Allah described in quran has mercy only for those who believe him and for the rest he has only curse. It smells something political.

What is psychology of Islam? A blind faith and no counter question!

We have to question the psychology of Islam. Today there is only one religious army, that is Al Queda and this army of hard core terrorists does not belong to one country, but it belongs to Islam.
                We have to ask what these terrorists feel when they kill the innocents. These terrorists have read the same quran and the same holy Prophet they believe.
                Let someone tell us that Al queda terrorists are not Muslims!

Comment

We have to ask what these terrorists feel when they kill the innocents. These terrorists have read the same quran and the same holy Prophet they believe.
                  Let someone tell us that Al queda terrorists are not Muslims!
                  i read the same Quran and believe in the same prophet and i became a chemical engineer....
                  my friend follows the same faith and became a dcotor....
                  bla bla bla....
                  and some read the same thing and became terrorists....

so whats the point????
                  r there no christian terrorists, or hindu terrorists or jew terrorists in the world????

and for the mention of Allah's being merciful, please do see the following verses....

Quran (18:54-58)
                  54) We have explained in detail in this Qur'an for the benefit of mankind every kind of similitude: but man is in most things contentious.
                  55) And what is there to keep back men from believing now that Guidance has come to them nor from praying for forgiveness from their Lord but that (they ask that) the ways of the ancients be repeated with them or the Wrath be brought to them face to face?
                  56) We only send the Apostles to give glad tidings and to give warnings: but the Unbelievers dispute with vain argument in order therewith to weaken the truth and they treat My Signs as a jest as also the fact that they are warned!
                  57) And who doth more wrong than one who is reminded of the Signs of his Lord but turns away from them forgetting the (deeds) which his hands have sent forth? Verily We have set veils over their hearts lest they should understand this and over their ears deafness. If thou callest them to guidance even then will they never accept guidance.
                  58) But your Lord is Most Forgiving Full of Mercy. If He were to call them (at once) to account for what they have earned then surely He would have hastened their Punishment: but they have their appointed time beyond which they will find no refuge.

it is due to His Mercy that He lets the wrond-doers live and gives them time to repent....
                  Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

I understand what our muslim friends want to say, but to the outside world, understanding comes from the acts not from reading Koran. The acts of muslims (Talibans and the likes) speak louder than Koran itself to the outsiders and above all till the US was against them, it was, on this board itself, argued most vehemently by muslims that Talibans are actually trying to force pure Islam. They also supported destruction of WTC and Bamiyan Buddhas. I also came through some verses from Koran, which my muslims friends may like to clarify : -

Verses from the Koran:

VIII/12: When thy Lord inspired the angels (saying I am with you. So make those who believe stand firm. I will throw fear into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Then smite the necks and smite of them each finger.

Here one can clearly see that the Quran is openly saying to the muslims to give a torturous death to those who are non-believers of the Islamic faith.

XCVIII/6: Lo! those who disbelieve, among the people of the Scripture and idolaters, will abide in fire of hell. They are the worst of created beings.

From the above passage you can clearly see that according to Mohammed, Allah has reserved a special place for non- mulsims--HELL!

IX/5: Then when the sacred months have passed, slay the idolaters wherever ye find them, and take them (captive), and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush. But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor- due, then leave their way free. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

This verse tells us that muslims are free to convert non-muslims by force and brutality. If unsuccessful in doing so, they are free to kill.

IX/73: Oh Prophet! Strive against the disbelievers and the hypocrites! Be harsh with them. Their ultimate abode is hell, a hapless journey's end.

LXIX/30-37: (It will be said)Take him and fetter him and expose him to hell fire. And then insert him in a chain whereof the length is seventy cubits. Lo! he used not to believe in Allah the tremendous, and urged not on the feeding of the wretched. Therefore hath he no lover hear this day nor any food save filth which none but sinners eat.

Here we get a description of how to punish Non Muslims. This is in practice even today in Islamic countries. In fact, the Sikh Gurus and their families were tortured by muslims as prescribed in the Quran. For example, Sikh guru Tegh Bahadur on refusing to accept Islam, was brought to the prison in a cage like he was a wild animal. Three of his disciples were murdered in front of him. One of them was Bhai Mati Das. He was sawed alive. The other was wrapped up in cotton and burnt alive. Bhai Dyala, the third one, was boiled alive. Guru Tegh Bahadur himself was brutally tortured and killed in a similar fashion. We see further support of these types of torments in the verses below.

XLIV/43-50: LO! the tree of Zaqqum (The tree that grows in the heart of hell bearing fruits like devil's heads) - the food of the sinner. Like molten brass, it seetheth in their bellies as the seething of boiling water. (And it will be said): Take him and drag him to the midst of hell, then pour upon his head the torment of boiling water. Saying: TASTE! LO! thou wast forsooth the mighty, the noble! Lo! this is that whereof ye used to doubt.

IX/123: O ye who believe! Fight those of the disbelievers who are near to you and let them find harshness in you and know that Allah is with those who keep their duty (unto Him).

IV/144: O Ye who believe! choose not disbelievers for your friends in place of believers. Would you give Allah a clear warrant against you ?

This verse clarifies the fact that a true Muslim can never be a friend of a person of another faith. People who believe otherwise are under delusion.

IX/29: Fight those who do not profess the true faith (Islam) till they pay the jiziya (poll tax) with the hand of humility.

This verse in Quran gave birth to the law that all non muslims living in an Islamic state have to pay the jiziya or poll tax for the privilege of being there. These people are called zimmis and are allowed to live and work in the Islamic lands under the following 20 disabilities: (one has to wonder if apartheid was derived from this)

They are not to build any new places of worship.

They are not to repair any old places of worship which have been destroyed by the muslims.

They are not to prevent muslim travellers from staying in their places of worship.

They are to entertain for 3 days any Muslim who wants to stay in their homes and for a longer period if the muslim falls ill.

They are not to harbor any hostility or give aid and comfort to hostile elements.

They are not to prevent any one of them from getting converted to Islam.

They have to show respect to every Muslim.

They have to allow Muslims to participate in their private meetings.

They are not to dress like muslims.

They are not to name themselves with Muslim names.

They are not to ride on horses with saddle and bridle.

They are not to possess arms.

They are not to wear signet or seals on their fingers.

They are not to sell or drink liquor openly

They are to wear a distinctive dress which shows their inferior status and separates them from Muslims.

They are not to propagate their custom and usages among the muslims.

They are not to build their houses in the neighbourhood of muslims.

They are not to bring their dead near the graveyards of the muslims.

They are not to observe their religious practices publicly or mourn their dead loudly.

They are not to buy muslim slaves.

Comment

What is psychology of Islam?

Majority of Muslims start the Islamic way of life at a Madrisa, where they spend some of brilliant years of their childhood learning quran, not studying quran but learning it.
                      Supremacy of Islam and of the Prophet is imposed in the mind.
                      Total structure of Islam is walled up. Five times namaz prayer, off course not all Muslims have time to follow it, but all of them are supposed to chat some typical words every time they remember the prophet or Allah. This is a unique way to encircle the mind.

Not all Muslims are fanatics. Majority of them are wonderful people, but when it comes to Islam or Prophet, there is no compromise. They cannot accept anything wrong with the Prophet.
                      They do not see that most of the revelations of the prophet were political.
                      And if any Muslim has courage to question the hidden nature of Islam is answerable to the law of blasphemy.
                      And whoever has gone the courageous way is now living underground for rest of life.

Quran talks peace, a hypocrite peace, and for kafirs it talks again and again slay here, slay there and is not it very strange that on the dooms day the prophet will recommend heaven for Muslims and hell for kafirs who are already tortured and killed for not being Muslims at earth, he will be waiting at the cross door with some applications to Allah?
                      What is all this?

Comment

Anand,
                        You sound like a typical brain-washed hindu. Someone who hasn't taken the time to study Islam at all, but loves making judgements.

You think you can really guilt anyone into believing you by saying that 'muslims are pre-programmed' in the madrisa? I am a muslim, never been to a madrisa, every single word is self taught, and I have been raised in the west. Now what do you say?

Dear please, learning about another religion is much different from confronting the religion to prove yourself right. Learn to improve your way of speech, before you make any remarks. Your last paragraph speaks of so much ignorance that its embarrasing, I would hate to waste time on you unless you're willing to improve your knowledge first. Thank you.

Comment

lame non-beleivers:

What is a government's responsibility if someone does not follow its law and goes on to vandalism? breaks its laws? violence? kills other citizens? etc.

Do you think government should treat him with same respect, same rewards for others and not put him into jail?

Pathetic idiots

------------------
                          May Allah SWT guide us all towards right and help us follow the right

Comment

Anand, Dhir don't bother.
                            Even if you provide verses from Koran they will say

1.The verses were quoted out of "context"

2.The verses were wrongly translated !!

They are well insured by the fact that the verses were written in Arabic and most Muslims in sub-continent don't know Arabic.
                            Atleast the ones who post here.
                            I think Pakistaniabroad is one of the few who knows Arabic here.

But you are right. Actions speak louder than words any day.

Comment

I'm sorry, I didn't bother reading all the posts since I dont have much time, so if someone already stated this, sorry!

Islamically, you are not permmitted to FORCE anyone to convert to Islam. This is major sin. However, it is your responsibility to spread the message to those unaware of it. Thus, if you have no idea of what islam is and you're going off believing what the pre 9/11 US media tells you, then it is my responsibility to say hey, i know you've heard blah blah blah, well its really blah blah blah. I can provide information to you, I can tell you where the local masjid is, I can teach you how to pray, I try to put forth an argument on the existence of God and Islam as a legitimate religion. But I cannot force it to you and say, either you believe or I kill you. It is not like that at all. Nowhere in the Quran does it say , kill the kafir, by itself. It says it in the context of a Jihaad (the physical fighting kind). Also, there are rules and regulations and stringent conditions on this type of Jihaad. Thus, no Muslim has the right to come lunging at your throat with a knife if you choose not to accept Islam, Anand.
                              I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures.

Comment

Working...
                              X