Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Isn't it 'Shirk' to venrate Prophet's Hair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isn't it 'Shirk' to venrate Prophet's Hair?

I read that there is a mosque in Kashmir which guards the hair of the Holy Prophet!!!

Now, it is OK in Budhhism as far as I know, to venerate relics of a Prophet.
    Like my state of Andhra Pradesh has Budhha's Tooth!!!

But isn't it wrong in Islam ?

Since the thing seems to be done anyway, Are there any Rules and REgulations about it?

Again what could one expect from u? Another ignorant post.

Comment

Is it Shirk? Yes or No!!

Comment

U TOUCH UR MOMMYS FOOT TO SHOW HER UR RESPECT.U DONT EAT COW OUT OF RESPECT.CANT WE RESPECT OUR OWN PROPHETS HAIR?DO U KNOW WAT SHIRK IS IN THE FIRST PLACE

Comment

Why it is totally acceptable to us!!
          But I understand idolatory of any kind is illegal in Islam.
          Infact I remember reading somewhere even the Prophet's grave was destroyed!!

So what gives?

Rember this particular mosque is in Kashmir.
          So is it the sufism practised by Kashmiris that allows this?

Comment

Shirk is to associate anyone or any power with Allah Almighty. So it is not shirk.

I have a suggestion for you, Andhra. Why not collect all your questions and put them in single thread. Or atleast limit yourself to one question a week.
            "A woman has got to be able to say, and not feel guilty, 'Who am I, and what do I want out of life?' She mustn't feel selfish and neurotic if she wants goals of her own, outside of husband and children"

Comment

Originally posted by aishaA:
              Or atleast limit yourself to one question a week.
              hahahahha.. Excellent suggestion.. Someone should have come up with it before..

Moderators, please see to it this person asks no more than one question per week.

P.S (Andhra) - No, it is not shirk to venerate the Holy Prophet's(S) hair. Ask any Muslim , it is not shirk. What is shirk is to worship it.

Comment

Respecting one's parent, respecting the holy Quran, respecting the mosque, the relics of the prophet etc... is not shirk.

Unlike in hinduism, where 350 million gods ask for women to be molested and children beaten before holy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sultan Toora:

Unlike in hinduism, where 350 million gods ask for women to be molested and children beaten before holy.
                  Actually, when I was in school, I remember my Hindi teacher telling me that in one of the Hindu Holy Books ( I think the Vedas, I'm not sure), it is mentioned that there are 700 MILLION GODS .

[This message has been edited by Indian_Muslim (edited March 22, 2002).]

Comment

as i checked the dictionary venerate meant "To regard with respect"....
                    nothing wrong with that i guess....

but if people consider that the Prophet's hair or any other of his belongings will bring them luck or will protect them, it is most definitely shirk....

------------------
                    "Our Lord! forgive us our sins and anything we may have done that transgressed our duty; establish our feet firmly and help us against those that resist faith." Quran(3:147)
                    Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

it is NOT shirk; shirk is to *worship* someone else besides Allah and no one worships the blessed hair of Allah's Blessed Messenger sal Allahu alayhiwasallam but they do venerate it. There is a world of difference between veneration and worship [ibadat] but some blockheads cannot understand so they go around with the mantra of shirk!!

Comment

Originally posted by Indian_Muslim:
                        Actually, when I was in school, I remember my Hindi teacher telling me that in one of the Hindu Holy Books ( I think the Vedas, I'm not sure), it is mentioned that there are 700 MILLION GODS .

[This message has been edited by Indian_Muslim (edited March 22, 2002).]
                        does it really matter more than one violates islam.

Comment

Ok this thread is a classic example..

the guys asked a simple question.. (minus the too many annoying smileys shukar hay!!) but some of the responses are TERRIBLE!

If you have no clue.. just do not contribute! Dont' tell him what HIS religion says or does. cuz he's not asking that.

He's a memeber so he can ask as many questions as he likes... better than those dumb cut and pastes some people do on this forum if you ask me.

------------------
                          There is No Spoon
                          JaddoN kaddya jaloos ghareeba tay shehr ich choatalee lug gayee

Comment

>>it is NOT shirk; shirk is to *worship* someone else besides Allah and no one worships the blessed hair of Allah's Blessed Messenger sal Allahu alayhiwasallam but they do venerate it. There is a world of difference between veneration and worship [ibadat] but some blockheads cannot understand so they go around with the mantra of shirk!!<<

Well, the problem is, the same kind of Arguments can be made supporting all other Religions. Like Hindus & Budhhists iwth their statues and Christians with their crosses and VIrgin Marys.

I do know what 'Ibaadat' is thank you.
                            Any way Asif bhai, since you brought it up,

What's the difference between 'veneration' and 'worship'?

How do you know the Muslim who goes to Hajrat Bal and bows before the Prophet's hair is 'venerating' but not 'Worshipping' ?

It is idolatory, plain and simple. I don't know why you are splitting hairs about such an obvious thing!!!

Comment

Major shirk can be divided into four categories:
                              The first category of major shirk is “associating in supplication”, which involves directing one’s supplications to other than Allah as a means of gaining provisions or being cured from a sickness or obtaining help during a crisis or for any other purpose.
                              The second category of major shirk is “association in the intention”, that is, performing deeds that may be good in themselves but which are done for the sake of this worldly life and not for the sake of Allah.
                              The third category of major shirk is “association in loving Allah”. That is to love someone or something else more than or as much as one loves Allah.
                              The fourth category of major shirk is “association in obedience” which is to obey people when they make unlawful things lawful, and to believe that it is permissible to follow those who make such legislation.

One can easily evaluate from the above and figure out under what circumstances it would be Shirk when dealing with subject on hand.

Comment

Working...
                              X