Should we do the same???????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should we do the same???????

In west it is a common concept that "muslims are terrorists".

because some muslims were terrorists, they loook at the 26% of world's population as terroists.

A lot of christian preachers have been child abusers and sex monsters. Should we also satrt beliveing that christain preachers are child abusers... Because there have been many cases like that.

If this is how priests are... than you can guess how their followers would be...

But this sterotying.. atleast I won't look at all priests as child abusers.

I really thought that Muslims were terrorist at first. Because of all the media attention the fanatics were getting. And I just don't know of any Muslims around here at all.

But Our President again and again said in numerous public addresses that Islam is a religion of peace. Despite his words I still wondered, I thought that he was just saying that as to not insight the "Muslim Street" so that America could prosecute the war with less resistance.

I phoned and old friend who is a Catholic Nun and asked her" What about the war and these Muslims what am I to think?"

She laughed at me and said. "Mike you need to go to more Jewish and Muslim events so that you can get a real understanding of what those religions are all about." And stop watching so much TV.

And so I started trying to do that, learning more about other religions really helps avoid hate. ( but I still watch to much TV )

I am a volunteer at a Catholic Church and before I even get started I was subject to a criminal background check, and had to take a sexual abuse training session that instructed me to contact civil authorities if I ever had a reason to suspect that a child was being abused. If it happened at my church I would call the police first, then go kick that priests ass...

Then go to confession for fighting with a priest.

But the Catholic Church has some serious problems, We have to fix. It's embarrassing and sad. But only and extreme minority of priests are guilty of such horrible sins. It would be better if they had a mill stone tied around them and thrown to the bottom of a river then to forsake a child of God. And that is what they have done.

All people are capable of sin no matter what their status. And their sins hurt their entire community.

Comment

Originally posted by MMike:
      All people are capable of sin no matter what their status. And their sins hurt their entire community.
      I'm liking this guy already
      Others should learn a little from him.

------------------
      Jitna Diya Sarkar Nay Mujko, Itni Meri Auqat Nahi, Yeh Saab Tumhara Karam Hai Aqa, Mujh Mein Aisi Koi Baat Nahin.

Pray OR v tt T FRgv M, Ak Y T FRgv M Ol Hope To Th Hv.
      Rabul MashriqaiN wal MaghribaiN

Comment

Also in the US we have a home grown Terrorist that is fresh in our minds.

Americans should not forget Timothy Mcveigh who bombed the Oklahoma federal building. Killing many innocent men, women and children.

But the sheer numbers of people that seem to be a part of a very angry and violent system of beliefs claiming to be Islam makes people wonder. Is Islam really as peaceful as some claim or is there a division in beliefs between peace loving tolerant Muslims, and those who propagate violence and hatred?

Comment

Is Islam really as peaceful as some claim or is there a division in beliefs between peace loving tolerant Muslims, and those who propagate violence and hatred?
          I am going to quote myself here... can I do that?

I think Alot of people know that Islam is peacefull and actually means "peace" and that there is a dividing line between peacefull intelligent Muslims and Miliant voilent intollerant Muslims. But how defined is the division? It's that grey area that worries people in the West I think.

I don't the like grey I want everything clearly defined and labeled so that I can understand it. And so that we know where everyone stands so that we know who is going to throw an airplane at us next, and who is not.

Comment

Mmike;
            I am glad taht you don't percieve Islam as a religion of terrorism anymore, and I hope that other people find the truth also.

That nun who told you to understand judism and Islam is a very nice person, just her attitude tells us that we should not sterotype priests.

and I didn't meant to offend you or your faith at all. So I hope you didn't took anything persoanlly
            Yeah, good and bad people are very where and because of few bad we should not discriminate or dislike all good. and any body can commit a sin or crime and let down other people of his/her community.

Comment

I think Alot of people know that Islam is peacefull and actually means "peace" and that there is a dividing line between peacefull intelligent Muslims and Miliant voilent intollerant Muslims. But how defined is the division? It's that grey area that worries people in the West I think.
              I think it has some to to do more with ignorance and authoritative male dominance in regards to the "militant violent intollerant muslims" and some merely because what so many generations of muslim families have had to got through and they feel its payback time ofcourse "in the name of Islam" whatever that maybe

These "militant violent intollerant muslims" wage a war in the name of Islam because we are taught to take God's name in everything we begin so that the comfort lies HIS hand is with us.

I mean these "holy wars" (and I use the term loosely..mind you to wage a holy war there are terms to adhere to) have been going on for decades in India, Kasmir, Albania, Israel, Africa and have now been shed light on in the West. Before it was not HEADLINE news and now that its affecting the WEST it is worry-some because the world power a.k.a. USA's authority is being tested. Naturally, BIG BROTHER has to teach a lesson. How would it really look if America didn't do anything about it? Wussies, I presume.

At one point, you can't blame those guys for going completely psycho to kill every tom, dick and harry. Wouldn't you if someone killed your family?

On the other hand these 'terrorists' feel free to throw in rules of their own moral n ethics which aren't necessarily civilized or religious but are made that way just so they feel at home and in charge. A mutated breed of communism I'd say

Time and time again your Lord, my Lord, our one and only Lord has preached through messengers to seek knowledge.

Hey, at one point I was ignorant due to lack of knowledge. Come to think of it I'm stuck in a dillemma now. Remember 'the great' Hitler? Ofcourse you do, his speech was so powerful that it compelled men of mature minds with little knowledge to fight for his unjust cause. Isn't that brainwashing? He was killing jews and hey i wouldn't be surprised if muslims were next on the list. Thats besides the point, as I was saying I was ignorant. I hated people of jewish faith and said it quite proudly. Smart decision, no . . . not at all now that I sit and think of it. Especially cuz it wasn't the way of our Prophet's life. Heck, he cried for a jew when his funeral was passing by.

Bottom line is that these so call "holy wars" aren't really JIHAD in my opinion because of the lack of procedures that have to take place before a war is declared such as the crusades.

Aah, a lotta gibberish a lotta spelling mistakes i ain't correcting I just felt like typing non stop... hope you see where some of us are coming from this writing.

------------------
              Jitna Diya Sarkar Nay Mujko, Itni Meri Auqat Nahi, Yeh Saab Tumhara Karam Hai Aqa, Mujh Mein Aisi Koi Baat Nahin.

Comment

now that i re-read my reply, gosh i haven't written anything as jumbled n bad. i'm gonna take it off in a bit.

------------------

Comment

.Islam does not simply mean peace it means *surrender*submit*obey*sincerity*to/towards ALLAH and then when these elements are established in us he gives us PEACE which then spreads to our families and like this to the whole world.unfortunately we muslims r not good muslims anymore.atleast i am not

Comment

Originally posted by secret_obsession:

That nun who told you to understand judism and Islam is a very nice person, just her attitude tells us that we should not sterotype priests.

and I didn't meant to offend you or your faith at all. So I hope you didn't took anything persoanlly

Yes my nun friend is a very cool person, she can kick some butt in a basketball game too!

My Church deserves some critisim right now..

No offense taken.

Comment

Originally posted by CocoNut:
                      At one point, you can't blame those guys for going completely psycho to kill every tom, dick and harry. Wouldn't you if someone killed your family?
                      It's difficult to imagine being in a situation like that.

It's easy to say what is right and what is wrong so far removed from the situation.

Comment

It's difficult to imagine being in a situation like that.

It's easy to say what is right and what is wrong so far removed from the situation.

speaking from personal experience and in the situation, i would do it without thinking twice.
                        oh i forgot to clarify i would kill only the assassins without thinking twice.

------------------

[This message has been edited by CocoNut (edited March 23, 2002).]

Comment

Yes my nun friend is a very cool person, she can kick some butt in a basketball game too!

My Church deserves some critisim right now..

No offense taken.

I am glad you didn't took any offence. Otherwise I would have regreting now.

Comment

Working...
                          X