Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is there any social division among indian muslims?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is there any social division among indian muslims?

does it matter which caste muslims converted
    from ? all the muslims in india converted from hindu caste system do they still retain
    their former social class or caste system.
    how the brahmin convert treat dalit convert?

I am not Indian, neither my ancetros were, So i don't have a first hand look on this situation.
    but as far as I know , we all humans are equal, and this class concept is very unislamic.
    Once you have converted you are not superior or inferior than any cast. Hindu Cast System is the reason why Islam spread so fast in South Asia.

So what's your next or original question??

Comment

caste system is major reason islam appealed
      to people at disadvanted position. most ofthe high caste did not convert.
      but the elite muslim are the remanents of foriegn origin. do they interact with local
      converts that was the question. i am not questioning the theory but practice.

[This message has been edited by rvikz (edited March 23, 2002).]

Comment

to say that there are no divisions esp among the indian muslims would be a lie
        yes there are divisions and these are pracised esp when it comes to marraige but this is more of a cultural influence and not a religious esp if you read the matrimonial collums you will realise it
        once i was in delhi and i read a advertisement in newspaper a muslim rajput family looking for a muslim rajput bride
        but i repeat again its due to the hindu background and hindu influence and not a religious matter

Comment

Working...
        X