Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the Koran Explain Why Mohammed Is THe Last Prophet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does the Koran Explain Why Mohammed Is THe Last Prophet?

I see this assertion many times on this forum.
    Namely God sent 1,24,000 Prophets or something.
    And more Importantly Mohammed Is the Last One.

Does Koran say anything at all on WHY?
    Why is he the last Prophet?

Also since God is omnipotent why does he need 1,24,000?
    Why 1,24,000? Why not 1000?

As usual I request posters not to discuss Hinduism or Christianity

I believe so, it is mentioned why he is the last Prophet. I mean come on after all he did complete the religion for the muslims. And he did take the important journeys/tasks to fulfill this divine religion. Even his bloodline was made pure that his father would pass away and he would not fall in the footsteps of his father because he was to be the last Prophet.

As for the number of Prophet's, they descended for each nation to spread the message of Islam. Notice there is not one nation left untouched that has not heard Islam. Not even the isolated idol worshippers in africa. Call it divine intervention if you will, Allah never left anyone out. Even now blasting through television sets, radios, word of mouth the message of Islam is being sent and non-believers are curious about this "terrorist" faith and learning what it is really about.

Now if your gonna ask which verse then I'll leave it up to the pro's i'm just a minor.

------------------
    Jitna Diya Sarkar Nay Mujko, Itni Meri Auqat Nahi, Yeh Saab Tumhara Karam Hai Aqa, Mujh Mein Aisi Koi Baat Nahin.

g t th ߧ f f t t th wll t g .
    Rabul MashriqaiN wal MaghribaiN

Comment

I guess what I meant was, do you have only Mohammed's word that he is the last Prophet or does Koran which was reveled via Mohammed say anything about it, apart from asserting that he is the last prophet?

Comment

The Quran most likely does, i'm not 110% sure.

------------------
        Jitna Diya Sarkar Nay Mujko, Itni Meri Auqat Nahi, Yeh Saab Tumhara Karam Hai Aqa, Mujh Mein Aisi Koi Baat Nahin.

Comment

the Qur'an says it - 100%.

I don't rmbr which versee though.

Qadianis try to give a different interpretation to it, however they fail miserably when they are told to corresspond it to other hadeeths.

Comment

, however they fail miserably when they are told to corresspond it to other hadeeths.
            Qur'anic verses are NOT subject to interpretation to be consistent with Hadith. It's the other way around.

------------------
            There is No Spoon
            JaddoN kaddya jaloos ghareeba tay shehr ich choatalee lug gayee

Comment

I am talking about something different altogether.
              What theological argument/ reason do Muslims have to assert that Mohammed is the Last Prophet apart from Mohammed himself saying so?

Does the Koran say WHY Mohammed is the last prophet?

Also where does this bit about 1,24,000 prophets come from?
              If Koran says God sent 1,24,000 prophets, does it also say WHY Mohammed is the last one?

Comment

Similar question. Hope you won't mind Andhra!

Muslims consider Jesus as one of their prophets. Jesus called himself to be the last prophet. Then came Muhammed who called himself to be the last prophet. (One guy in this forum reasoned, god changed his mind )

How can we say for sure that another person will not come claiming to be the last prophet after Muhammed (as Muhammed did unto Jesus)?

Comment

Originally posted by Andhra:
                  Does the Koran say WHY Mohammed is the last prophet?
                  For the first time, I am actully interested to know the answer to a question Andhra has asked! (Andhra, you can note the date down in your diary)

Andhra, do you know the difference between a reformer prophet and a law bearing prophet?
                  I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
                  - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Originally posted by kumarakn:
                    Similar question. Hope you won't mind Andhra!

Muslims consider Jesus as one of their prophets. Jesus called himself to be the last prophet. Then came Muhammed who called himself to be the last prophet. (One guy in this forum reasoned, god changed his mind )

How can we say for sure that another person will not come claiming to be the last prophet after Muhammed (as Muhammed did unto Jesus)?
                    When oh when did jesus call himself the last prophet? He never said that he was the last prophet!!

Comment

i dont have time to read all that discussion.
                      I am just here to give this address to cow worshiper hindu.
                      u might wanna visit this thread
                      http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/Forum26/HTML/006248.html

Comment

Oh sheesh people can we keep the name calling out of this?? I mean all these guys are doing are lighting your fire and are successful in it. Why can't you answer their questions to the best of you knowledge instead of refuting their religion no matter how oblivious you think it is!

I swear it seems like we have more idiots in our own Ummah than others.

Use your brains! Not your primal instinct to bite back!

------------------

Comment

And what of this cow business! Let them worship 'em so what? we eat 'em.

Can't you just stop and look unto yourselves, your not perfect neither am i.

As I said before stop fighting fire with fire.

ARGH! Friggin' nimrods piss me off!

------------------

Comment

Coconut, I have no comment to make on your obervances about idiots in the Ummah!!!

Ahmedjee, Assalam Alaikum

>>For the first time, I am actully interested to know the answer to a question Andhra has asked! (Andhra, you can note the date down in your diary)
                            Andhra, do you know the difference between a reformer prophet and a law bearing prophet?<<

Glad to have ignited your interest

Anyway what was that bit about kinds of Prophets?
                            'Reformer' ,' law bearing'

Are you saying Prophets kinda specialize like Doctors and Attorneys?

Comment

Andhra: Allow me to answer you question, judging from what I've read about the vast line of the Prophets each and every one of them has had a different experience and hence specialize in different aspects of life. So yeah, I guess you could say they are like doctors and attorneys.

------------------

Comment

Working...
                              X