Question For Sikhs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question For Sikhs.

I have many questions i would like to ask but will sum it all up.
    1. Are Sikhs vegetarians like Hindus?
    2. Sikhs believe in Reincarnation i have heard, but how does their version differ from the Hindu concept?
    3. I have heard that Sikh beliefs borrow from both Islamic and Hindu beliefs. Do sikhs then believe in certain gods of Hinduism, do they believe in the prophets of Islam?
    4. Am I correct in assuming that Sikhs believe in one god? If so, then how does this God relate to the Islamic concept of God, how does it relate to the Hindu concept?
    5. How does Guru Nanak and the other Guru's relate to God, was Guru Nanak a prophet, was he the earthly manifestation of some divine entity the way Hindus believe Ram to be, or was he just some normal person who was inspired perhaps by some divine entity to create a new philosophy the way Buddhist believe Buddha to be?
    6. The language used in the holy books of Sikhs, Gurkhi i believe its called, where did this language come from? To it stem from Sanskrit or perhaps some other language form?
    7. What is the purpose of the beard, and the symbolic emblems of the Sikh faith, such as the Kangan, the knife, the turban etc.
    8. Why are there so few books on Sikhism around? I for one have never found a book on Sikh philosophy, or even a history of the religion. Whats up with that?
Working...
X