Nikkah with the Quran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nikkah with the Quran

I have heard that in Pakistan this is a common practice where young girls usually when they are really young are married of the Quran Shareef.

Could anyone provide the facts about this practice.

My personal opinion that this is act is not justified as first of all its ruining ones life. I think there must be some influence from the our Indian heritage as such acts are real common in backward Hindu families where several types of such acts are done especailly to young girls.

another example of those stupid things that people do out of ignorance....
    lack of education is such a curse

------------------
    "Our Lord! forgive us our sins and anything we may have done that transgressed our duty; establish our feet firmly and help us against those that resist faith." Quran(3:147)
    Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

yup..it happens...especially rich chaudries who dont want to loose their fortune to their son in law..

ignorance...its a crime..

------------------
      "oil is much too important a commodity to be left in the hands of the Arabs" - Henry Kissinger (Nobel Price Winner)
      "500000 iraqi children died because of our sanctions, but it was worth the price" - madeleine albright
      "God created USA so that it could insure law and order in this world" - Colin Powell (the moderate)

Comment

It's disgusting!
        They even got a pakistani film out(Mendhi wale hath)where the family gets the girl married to the Quran sharief pak, so they can have the her share of the money that her dad left in his will.

[This message has been edited by saima Iqbal (edited March 14, 2002).]

Comment

These Quran-marridges are as Haraam as it can be, and still people let it happen. Why??
          I also saw a movie about it 'Mehndi waali hath' with Saima and Momar Rana. Its disgusting and sad what happens to girls.
          Waise to log kehte rehtey hain ke this is haraam and that is haraam, par phir bhi sab se zuadah gunnah khud karte hain.
          !پاک فوج زندہ باد! پاکستان زندہ باد

Comment

Many practices, including the one you mention here, still occur in backward Muslim families.

Such acts need to be condemned openly and steps taken against the perpetrators to teach the population that we will not tolerate.

Comment

They are not as common as believed to be.

Though significant enough to raise flags of concern. Ignorance is the root cause and only if we can give our governments to spend more on Education.

Though I believe situation is getting better as far as Education is concerned!
              I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
              - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Sorry for my ignorance, but I don't understand what happens in this process. How does someone get married "of the Quran Shareef"? What does that mean? Who precisely does she marry? Very sorry for the stupid questions, but I've never heard of this previously at all, so just curious.

Comment

I think its a medieval practice which may still be prevalent within Rural areas of Sindh, it is even blessed by local maulvis (probably CORRUPT maulvis). In Islam this practice is TOTALLY forbidden. I think its nothing but a fake excercise which allows rich landowners to control property rights.

[This message has been edited by Dil he Pakistani (edited March 11, 2002).]

Comment

Thats what I thought! I think it has soime hindu influence in this! it is just ridiculous though!

Comment

This practice happens in some rural and feudally controlled areas in Pakistan, because of soicial manipulative reasons. This is condemned by all authoritative religious figures in Pakistan.
                      I think the logic behind such an arrangement arose by implying that the Qur'an is a mozakkar in its sift, so......
                      We have folks going to mazars and doing shirk, this is just another example of ignorence. Insha'Allah as ilm spreads such things as honor killings, quran marriages, mazari stuff would disappear.

Comment

Originally posted by saima Iqbal:
                        It's disgusting!
                        They even got a pakistani film out(Mendhi tere nam ki)where the family gets the girl married to the Quran sharief pak, so they can have the her share of the money that her dad left in his will.
                        Sorry wrong film name, it is Mendhi wale hath

Comment

Does anyone know what the process is? I mean, what is the ceremony like? Is it shown in the film?

Btw, AliBeta, I'm sure you know that the same practice in Hinduism is equally abhorred these days.

Comment

Hmmmm....very disturbing!.....
                            Its is a sin and haram!.....how disgraceful!
                            uss ke aur mere beech ka sufur...

Comment

Originally posted by Muzna:
                              Does anyone know what the process is? I mean, what is the ceremony like?
                              That's what I'm wondering too... what exactly happens in the process?

Comment

Working...
                              X